Japan & the 1915 Singapore Mutiny

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 26 Mar 2004, 18:57

Kurt, thank you for your input on this thread which I thought had died a death.

I to think the Colonel is wrong over this so called Sepoy mutiny being the same thing, but I await to be proved wrong Colonel :wink:

Andy H

Kurt_Steiner

Singapore moutiny

Post by Kurt_Steiner » 27 Mar 2004, 12:15

Andy, it is a pleasure, no need to thank me. Futhermore, I've enjoyed a lot and I will keep on enjoying in this wonderful forum.

Thanks to all of you.

Jeremy Chan

Post by Jeremy Chan » 09 Apr 2004, 21:21

Andy and Kurt_Steiner, yes, the first Sepoy Munity was in 1857, you are right, but the Mutiny in Singapore in 1914-15 was indeed a second Sepoy Mutiny (although not in India), so-called because the perpatrators were Sepoys. The other ethnic communities in Singapore, the Indians, Chinese and Europeans had no opposition to the war, remember (Many prominent Anglo-Chinese groups there contributed to the war effort). I found the name of the Indian Muslim religious leader: Nur Alum Shah. One of my sources was my old history textbook from the time I was a student in Singapore. It helps to have a Singaporean-Aussie member of the Forum! :D
Forgive my late reply folks, I don't visit this section often.

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”