PSP german style

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Bruno Stolle

Re: PSP german style

Post by Bruno Stolle » 14 Feb 2017, 20:36

Ondrej Filip wrote:Hi Dirk, you have found really interesting photo!

The device at the picture must be Czechoslovak "movable steel road" produced by Vítkovice steel factory for the transport of Czechoslovak armoured cupolas and turrets. The transport was performed by Daimler Artillery Generator truck (Artillerie-Generatorzugwagen) M. 16 - normally used for the transport of 24 cm M16 guns.

Each piece is 3,8 m long and its weight is 310 kg. As you can se the photo, seven pieces can hold 13,8 tuns of steel without any deformation. I think Germans did not transport this special equipment to use it as a pedestrian path, but for the transport of heavy guns or armoured parts. The path at the photo must be any kind of secondary use.
Hello guys,

This morning I went to the ground for my job, I took advantage of it to measure the width of a plate and it's 1 meter.

So:
3.80M length
1m width
310Kg

moonraker

Post by moonraker » 14 Feb 2017, 21:24

hello,
thank bruno !!

Me belfra-team

ErwinZ

Post by ErwinZ » 05 Mar 2017, 19:44

Another one.
Attachments
eaby.jpg
eBay

Bruno Stolle

Post by Bruno Stolle » 21 Apr 2018, 10:50

Hello all !

Quick news "our german psp style" found last year at Brest Airport, aka "Brest Nord".

Here is the whole piece found in the mud and repatriated to our facilities, it is about two plates assembled:

On which I cut out the less damaged parts, here is the first one.

Notice that the ones we found are different because it has an additional flat element between those that allow the assembly of two plates, probably an improvement of the system for highly humid terrain like Brittany :D

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”