Batterie de Maisy Normandie

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
dando

Post by dando » 02 Mar 2007 01:10

Chris - I think you (and I) are wasting our time on this forum. Its frequented of people who think that being abusive and disrespectful to people - who at the end of the day - liberated their country - is amusing.

The photo which was shown as being Maisy clearly was not and they dont like being corrected.

I personally dont like the disrespect of veterans either - and I guess you and a number of others dont either from the response I have had.

Lets all give this forum a miss from now on and move on to others which allow a sensible debate of both sides of ANY argument. Right or wrong.

Often with history nobody is completely correct. Many individual pieces of information make up a whole story and I have (when quoted correctly) given mine. What they choose to believe and reprint is theirs... thats fine, we now have a "liberated Europe" which allows free speach.

However, when it become a personal series of insults and questions about the memory, lucidity and integrity of brave men (many of whom I know) its time to stop. For me anyway or I would get upset and resort to their level of writing.

Maisy Battery is an interesting place - I think anyway - people can judge it for themselves when they visit.

If I am present when they visit they can ask me to justify anything I have actually said and I will pass on the Rangers comments about the fighting etc glady.. The other comments here and in the newspapers I will laugh at as I have a sense of humour.

Its funny my kids said to me recently that I must have teflon skin because I dont get bothered by rubbish like this... thats true, but when the integrity of my friends is called into question I will always react.

It is only from listening to people (in particular the Rangers) who were actually there, that we have an understanding of what we see remaining today. A wall is just a wall until someone tells you it was the "Berlin Wall".
Everything has a story.... its about listening to the story from the people who were there and making our own conclusions - thats what I was taught at school. Perhaps I am wrong but I wont apologise for defending it.

These people have had my last comment. If you agree with me then move on also - other forums are far more erodite on Maisy and are debating topics in a much more mature way,

For me this place has become a site where narrow minded people voice their strange opinions from the pulpit for the amusement of their friends...

Its sad really because they mainly all seem to live in the area that many of the Allies died liberating.

Sensible people can contact me directly and I would love to see more Maisy period photographs, but I wont respond again here so please send them directly to me and I will give you my thoughts and probably post them on the other forum already mentioned.

Debate and discuss - not debase and abuse!

Gary

bunker14

Post by bunker14 » 02 Mar 2007 23:14

are they position 1 ,2 an 3 on the GSGS map you think of there was used for Flak 88 mm ???

1 and 2 : empty pit

3: site of the 8./1716 during the R612 construction

AvB

Post by AvB » 04 Mar 2007 15:04

Gary please do move to another forum. Where people all say yes an amen to your story.
I wrote how I think about the discussion but don't react to it. The whole point of a 'Forum' is gone then.

Nobody has ever disrespected veterans here. That's not the point in this discussion.

stril

Post by stril » 04 Mar 2007 17:47

Hello
When this discussion now enter the last and final stage i must add that i have enjoyed the postings.
First the owner of the property. He had done a great job on the PR regarding his site. Never let his guard down, not taking anything(info) from anyone but himself. Second the ones trying to provide useful info, but have got nothing but crap in return. Im impressed that they tried for so long. Thumbs up for those.
Gary please do move to another forum.
To late, he have been on several forums, with mostly the same result as this place. But again, its his duty to make as much PR as possible for his site. The most interesting postings is the ones where he have posted under several "nicks" in the discussions about his site, making the discussions quite entertaining.
I have got a idea out of it myself...im trying to buy a property close to my home. Its for sale, and i must say that its greater than Maisy. It have among other things a HKB, a KM Torpedobatterie, a airfield, 2 radarpositions(WR), lots of flakpositions, close defence positions for the army units at the site, its own harbour, and finally it had its own unit with midget submarines. All this in a small area, making it one of the largest and most interesting stutzpunkts ever buildt. If interested, look me up and i would give you a guided tour.
regards
stril

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 04 Mar 2007 18:21

Hello Stril

I for one will maybe take you up on that offer, will come back to that ( I know the site you are talking about ) :D

Its up for sale by the Norwegian Army...right ?

But...also....I will visit the Maisy area, because I am really curious about this site, so I will have a look for myselve there as well.

I have not participated in this particular discussion - but non the less enjoyed it as many of you guys.

Let us contimue to discuss this, and all other matters with the knowledge we have from original sources - both allied and German - but always bearing the historic facts in mind, right 8-)

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

moonraker

Post by moonraker » 04 Mar 2007 22:01

hi kurt,
If you come in Normandy, said the I I would serve you as guide, number of hold are not even known bunker friend as us.ok
etienne :wink:

moonraker

Post by moonraker » 04 Mar 2007 22:13

stril wrote:Hello
When this discussion now enter the last and final stage i must add that i have enjoyed the postings.
First the owner of the property. He had done a great job on the PR regarding his site. Never let his guard down, not taking anything(info) from anyone but himself. Second the ones trying to provide useful info, but have got nothing but crap in return. Im impressed that they tried for so long. Thumbs up for those.
Gary please do move to another forum.
To late, he have been on several forums, with mostly the same result as this place. But again, its his duty to make as much PR as possible for his site. The most interesting postings is the ones where he have posted under several "nicks" in the discussions about his site, making the discussions quite entertaining.

stril
ok strill,
is all rigth,
I read, I do not intervene any more, it does not serve the history, because dando write it again history,Modest rest bunkerfriend the German archives is of it in M........ I believe to have understood since to plusior week, that sir listens to nobody, is only right to him,And others are stupid.
etienne regard.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 05 Mar 2007 10:49

Please keep personal remarks, insults, and other unrelated comments which violates the forum rules to yourself, or this thread will be locked.

dando

Post by dando » 16 Mar 2007 14:50

Dear stril

Your comment >>The most interesting postings is the ones where he have posted under several "nicks" in the discussions about his site, making the discussions quite entertaining.<<

Why do you make up something like that? I have NEVER EVER gone onto a forum under any other name. That is a FACT - so why make a statement which is a complete lie - is it to make your words more interesting?

You have just proved my previous points entirely. This is about you and others making personal statements about me which are just invented. You dont know me. You dont know anything about me but you can suggest that I would do that for the purposes of publicity. You need to get a life.

I have joined in with some of these debates when I saw strange things being written and quoted as me... I have also gone onto forums (only 2 actually) this being one and commented on things which I have information on or to give an opinion. I had thought this was a debate about the battery and not about me.

Perhaps I am wrong in some respects over Maisy but thats what the debate was all about so I thought. You have turned what some people were possibly interested in into a debate about me. And as I said - you and other dont know me at all.

Bunker 14 - you are correct about the emplacements marked ( ! ) - you are not correct about the guns to the rear - more homework needed and you will find the answer.

Had you kept to the plot on this debate we all might have learnt more - but as requested I will go elsewhere and leave you to your mutual appreciation society.

ducatim901

Post by ducatim901 » 16 Mar 2007 15:47

Good heavens for that.............
hope you will only bother us with replies that make sense.
Greetings Jack "will sleep better now" Koorneef.

bunker14

Post by bunker14 » 16 Mar 2007 20:21

bunker14 wrote:
dando wrote:Bunker 14 - you are correct about the emplacements marked ( ! ) - you are not correct about the guns to the rear - more homework needed and you will find the answer.

i have the answer for this guns
and it's not a 88 mm flak batterie

guns at position n°3 on the map , were reported on 30 mars 1944....... 1./Flak-Strum Regiment 1 wasn't in this area at this time !!!!

Read this web page !!!!!!!! that said there's no 88 mm Flak in maisy batterie but only Dummy batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to learn many thing about maisy batteries!!!!!

http://dday-overlord.forumactif.com/His ... 33-300.htm

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”