SWEDISH BOFORS GUN AND THE DREADED 88 CM CANON

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
map358

Post by map358 » 20 Jun 2003 14:54

Christian Ankerstjerne wrote:
So, as per definition, a team is any number of persons, ranging from one and above. Thus, Erik is correct when saying that three-four persons is in deed a team!

This is not a constructive debate, if we turn this into a question of semantics we will miss the point.
But OK - here we go.

Manchester does only mention one German engineer (Daur) working at Bofors (from April 1921 and 10 years on).
He also mentions one member of the Krupp board (Karl Pfirsch) sent to Scandinavia at some point of time and staying for an unspecified length of time.

Steckzén only mentions three Krupp engineers working at Bofors.
Wilhelm Badenheuer, employed by Bofors as a metallurgist from 1920 to 1925.
Julius Daur, working as a liaison-engineer from 1921 to 1930.
Walter Nill, who relieved Daur and stayed from 1930 to 1935.

The metallurgist and the liaison-engineer were there for different reasons and as a result of two different agreements between the two companies.
Two men working with different tasks in entirely different fields does not make a team!

MAP

meimer

Post by meimer » 28 Jun 2003 05:45

If anyone is interested in the complete data of Bofors 40mm L70 and other models of Bofors 40mm gun just let me know! I've worked with theese babies for four years. I was one of thew last officers in my country to be trained on the 40mm AA gun.

MD650

Post by MD650 » 28 Jun 2003 07:52

meimer wrote:If anyone is interested in the complete data of Bofors 40mm L70 and other models of Bofors 40mm gun just let me know! I've worked with theese babies for four years. I was one of thew last officers in my country to be trained on the 40mm AA gun.

I´m working with this babies since 12 years but not the AA-version.
I´m working with the CV 90 version.

:)

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”