Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Sturm78
Member
Posts: 15553
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Sturm78 » 11 Jun 2018 20:42

ROLAND1369 wrote
I would say these are unfuzed 75 MM m1915 high explosive shells for the 75 MM gun M1897. If true the two black bands represent a reduced propellant charge used to give the gun a more curved trajectory, more suitable for searching fire into trenches and defiladed areas
Thank you, ROLAND1369. I have not can find too much information about the 75mm Mle 1897 gun ammunition in the net...

Here, another imager from Ebay. I think an 21cm shell for Skoda K39t gun. Is this correct ?

Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zünder
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: 11 May 2004 21:40
Location: Europe

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Zünder » 15 Jun 2018 16:41

Sturm78 wrote:
ROLAND1369 wrote
I would say these are unfuzed 75 MM m1915 high explosive shells for the 75 MM gun M1897. If true the two black bands represent a reduced propellant charge used to give the gun a more curved trajectory, more suitable for searching fire into trenches and defiladed areas
Thank you, ROLAND1369. I have not can find too much information about the 75mm Mle 1897 gun ammunition in the net...

Here, another imager from Ebay. I think an 21cm shell for Skoda K39t gun. Is this correct ?

Sturm78
Yes, that looks like a 21 cm Aufschlagzündergranate 39. White band indicates centre of gravity, the sheetsteel protector is still on the drivingbands.

As for the other post, those might just as well be french rounds for the 7,5 cm Pak97/38 or 37 modele 1897. The charge reduite (reduced charge) rounds had double bands as well.
Then there's the polish 75 mm Wz 1897, which used the exact same codingsystem.

Zünder,

www.wk2ammo.com

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 15553
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Sturm78 » 16 Jun 2018 08:08

Zünder wrote
Yes, that looks like a 21 cm Aufschlagzündergranate 39. White band indicates centre of gravity, the sheetsteel protector is still on the drivingbands.

As for the other post, those might just as well be french rounds for the 7,5 cm Pak97/38 or 37 modele 1897. The charge reduite (reduced charge) rounds had double bands as well.
Then there's the polish 75 mm Wz 1897, which used the exact same codingsystem.
Thank you, Zünder.
Is the 21 cm Aufschlagzündergranate 39 the original Czech shell ??

Regards Sturm78

Zünder
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: 11 May 2004 21:40
Location: Europe

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Zünder » 16 Jun 2018 10:20

Sturm78 wrote:
Zünder wrote
Yes, that looks like a 21 cm Aufschlagzündergranate 39. White band indicates centre of gravity, the sheetsteel protector is still on the drivingbands.

As for the other post, those might just as well be french rounds for the 7,5 cm Pak97/38 or 37 modele 1897. The charge reduite (reduced charge) rounds had double bands as well.
Then there's the polish 75 mm Wz 1897, which used the exact same codingsystem.
Thank you, Zünder.
Is the 21 cm Aufschlagzündergranate 39 the original Czech shell ??

Regards Sturm78
@Sturm: yes. It has a czech basefuze, and a czech P.D. fuze.
A later type, the 21 cm Gr. 40, had a german fuze.

Zünder,

http://www.wk2ammo.com

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 15553
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Sturm78 » 17 Jun 2018 07:52

Zünder wrote
@Sturm: yes. It has a czech basefuze, and a czech P.D. fuze.
A later type, the 21 cm Gr. 40, had a german fuze.
Thanks again, Zünder... :wink:

Regards Sturm78

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 15553
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Sturm78 » 25 Jun 2018 23:47

Hi all,

30.5cm Skoda M16 ammunition images (from Ebay):

Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jopaerya
Member
Posts: 18505
Joined: 21 Jun 2004 13:21
Location: middelburg

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by jopaerya » 02 Jul 2018 08:29

Should be Northern Norway accodrging the Ebay caption , Regards Jos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thekees
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Jun 2009 16:40

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Thekees » 02 Jul 2018 21:07

38 cm shells and cases in the far, in their metal transportation bin's. Looks like Tromso? Maybe recovering ammo from the Tirpitz? The guard doesn't look German to me at first sight.

jopaerya
Member
Posts: 18505
Joined: 21 Jun 2004 13:21
Location: middelburg

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by jopaerya » 03 Jul 2018 07:54

Thanks again Thekees

Zünder
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: 11 May 2004 21:40
Location: Europe

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Zünder » 03 Jul 2018 08:36

Thekees wrote:38 cm shells and cases in the far, in their metal transportation bin's. Looks like Tromso? Maybe recovering ammo from the Tirpitz? The guard doesn't look German to me at first sight.
I don't know, i get the feeling this ist not just 38 cm, the shells in the front look smaller, more like 28 cm.
I a few smaller containers behind the soliders, maybe this was a collectionpoint for all kinds of ammunition ?
But you are right, it does look like Tromsø.
The modern day picture was taken next to the Polaria aquarium.

Zünder,

http://www.wk2ammo.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thekees
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Jun 2009 16:40

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Thekees » 03 Jul 2018 20:32

Zunder,

The containers looks like the 38 cm cases, short and about 40-50 cm in diameter. However the shells diameter compared to the container, the shells may be 28 cm indeed, especially when you zoom in on the pile in the left there is a text like "300 kg", excact at the location of the weight of the shell. The smaller containers look like a 15 cm L/45 container. At some time, both the Scharnhorst and Tirpitz were operating from the same area, so maybe a depot for both ships?

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 15553
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Sturm78 » 24 Jul 2018 18:08

Hi all,

An image from Ebay: 152mm G-530 Soviet shell ???

Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 15553
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Sturm78 » 02 Aug 2018 21:35

Hi all,

An image from Ebay: 60cm Karl Gerat shell

Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
glushenko
Member
Posts: 415
Joined: 05 Jan 2014 12:47
Location: Russia Kursk

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by glushenko » 04 Aug 2018 19:05

I found this shell while working in the field. 10.5 cm?
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://vk.com/club59519874 Техника.Оружие.Война.Фото

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 15553
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: Id. heavy artillery ammunition

Post by Sturm78 » 11 Sep 2018 20:05

Hi all,

An image from Ebay: 15cm Wgr.41 Spr rocket, I think

Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”