The soldiers who manned Stp. Corbiere

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
M19 MADMAL
Location: M19 Mortar Bunker. STRONGPOINT CORBIERE. Jersey. Channel Islands

Re: The soldiers who manned Stp. Corbiere

Post by M19 MADMAL » 06 Jun 2009, 23:48

The last weeks of the war were a time of apathy and simply waiting for the end. I had suggested to the bunker crews that they open their 'Iron Rations' which, however, they had already done, hunger being stronger than order. Turnips would be sliced and cooked directly on top of the stove while limpets were scalded in their shells before being eaten. In desperation for food one crew member even tried eating grass, with obvious results. Cats and dogs were also eaten and the Company Chef prepared a dish of 'meat' in a sauce with vegetables for Hauptmann Schellenburg. It looked divine and you wouldn't have guessed the 'meat' was actually cat! I had a few highlights during the last couple of months in announcing to the Le Brocqs that the Vega was on her way and had been seen by the crew at the lighthouse. The Le Brocqs always invited me to visit when the Red Cross parcels were opened, and "Bertie" as they called me was sometimes there. The mood among the soldiers in the bunkers and everywhere else became more and more apathetic and desperate. The La Corbiere 'idyll' had vanished. Even the little additional supplies had come to an end. The fields had been gleaned of rotting potatoes, carrots and other vegetables. Fishing came to a standstill, the weather being so cold, and the sea too rough, and the men too weak. We heard of soldiers having died in the military hospitals or sick bays because their bodies were to weak to fight their illnesses; it was another way of starving... And yet in March we heard of a commando raid on the liberated port of Granville in France. Some American soldiers were taken prisoner and some German POWs were 'freed' during the raid. Despite the dangers it seemed to me like playing 'Red Indians' at sea. This absurd and useless operation for Admiral Hüffmeier at least, must have been "A glorious and great victory".
To be continued....
Malcolm :wink:
Attachments
phpywBamIPM.jpg
A Jersey cat becomes food during the last year of the war. (CIOS collection)
phpywBamIPM.jpg (80.01 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
"I had expected only ruins", "It's as if I had only left the bunker yesterday!"
Herr Engelbert Hoppe. M19 bunker Commander 1944/45 when he first returned in 2006.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StrongpointCorbiereJersey/

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 07 Jun 2009, 15:39

I was promoted to Leutnant d.R (Lieutenant of the Reserve) on 20th April. My Battalion Commander, Hauptmann Schellenburg, made the remark that it would be useful on my becoming a prisoner of war (and it was!). An Officers uniform was found and the Company Commander, Leutnant Weil, gave me his own spare pair of trousers and Jackboots. I also recieved the correct Officers peaked cap. I did not like the rigid, tall look of this hat so I sat on it to squash it down a bit! When a Major first saw me dressed in my 'new' Officers uniform he asked "What do you look like!?" I replied "I don't know" "You look like a French Louie!" (French Louie = someone who looks after prostitutes). I was also issued with a Great War Mauser pistol. We had given up sentry duties and other useless tasks by the end of April. Young Mr Le Brocq had informed me that it would only be a few days before the war would be finished. On the day before the capitulation I sent some men from the bunkers at La Corbiere to the La Moye Golf Hotel to ask for all the supplies we were entitled to. They came back with Iron Rations packs, various tins of food and some bottles of alcoholic stuff, mainly Calvados. The amount of food was little compared with the alcohol. There was no outrage against good taste, but in the morning some were paralysed from their hips down! The result of too much Calvados for weak bodies. I spent the last night in the company of (now) Oberfeldwebel Werner Hentrich, and we chatted until overcome by sleep in the small hours. "What would become of Germany? Would we ever be able to return to the community of peoples in the world?" We agreed that all that was left to do was pray.

On that day the first orders arrived regarding the procedures after capitulation. Rifles and small arms were collected at Company Headquarters, and from there forwarded to St. Aubin's (?). The various bunker crews were ordered to march north to be gathered there. I stayed at the La Corbiere bunkers with two of the crew to do some little jobs, then I went to Action Post Height 201 and my shed in the ditch to rest. The next morning I made my way back to La Corbiere to say farewell to the Le Brocqs and the schoolmaster. The last song I shared with him was 'Auld Lang Syne'! Coming down the hill I saw Mr. Le Brocq hoisting the Union Jack. On seeing me he hesitated for a moment, but I said "Don't you stop. I like that flag much better than the bloody Swastika!" I left some books and photos with them and collected some items from the M19 bunker as a kind of souvenier. Mrs. Le Brocq gave me a hug and Mr. Le Brocq patted me on the shoulder, and, saying I would be back someday, I was off, tears in my eyes, waving until I was over the hill. On that day I went to the La Moye Golf Hotel to receive further orders regarding the bunkers at La Corbiere, which were to be surrendered the following day (May 9th). I remember taking a British Officer, a Captain or First Lieutenant, on a 'tour' of the bunkers at La Corbiere and he was especially interested in the M19 bunker and asked a few questions about the mortar. He always insisted that I enter the bunkers first in case there were any booby traps waiting to blow him up!

As German Officers were still free to roam in certain zones I alternated between La Moye and Action Post Height 201. After two days I went to the internment region to join my platoon. The Germans had been given supplies by the British and, unluckily, quite a few soldiers had opened tins of corned beef, digging in with their spoons. Their stomachs didn't agree with the rich, fatty food and they became sick for some days. As the weather was alright we didn't mind sleeping under the sky. Liberation had come at long last for the Islanders, but I felt Liberated too; being liberated from a terrible regime despising human dignity and being guilty of starting and waging the cruelest war of all time. I recalled my dear father saying, "That Austrian Lance Corporal, he will drive Germany over the Precipice!" On 16th (or 18th?) May we were marched to the beach at St. Aubin's to be taken aboard the Carrier Pembroke and to be shipped off to England as Prisoners of war.
Attachments
phpZgJ5MgAM.jpg
Unteroffizier Engelbert Hoppe at Stp. Corbiere at about the time of D-Day. The barbed wire stake markes an entrance to a rifle nest situated above 'K2' (Engelbert Hoppe)
phpZgJ5MgAM.jpg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
phpG1YGAcAM.jpg
Taken in the garden in front of the Soldatenheim at St. Brelades Bay in the winter of 1944/45. The extra bar on Engelbert's shoulder boards indicates that he is an Officer Candidate. The bunker chimney and railing are part of a personnel bunker which the roof served as a patio area Engelbert Hoppe
phpG1YGAcAM.jpg (37.03 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
Herr Engelbert Hoppe. M19 bunker Commander 1944/45 when he first returned in 2006.

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 07 Jun 2009, 16:22

Engelbert's destination in England was a POW camp near Hexham in Northumberland and the full story of this is contained in CIOS Occupation Review Nr. 37 avalible from http://www.ciosjersey.org.uk/pubs1.htm
My intention in coming back to Jersey and especially La Corbiere after all these years had been to 'Pay tribute to the Le Brocqs and friends passed away long ago', at least finding their graves and to be close to them as I was when they accepted me as a human being that had become an occupier not of his own making. Coming back had always been on my mind after my time as a POW (or 'POP' = Prisoner of peace) In England. More than a suprise to me was the M19! I had never expected to find my former M19 bunker in such wonderful shape and condition as if it had not suffered the ravages of time. I had expected only ruins. I do not know what to praise first! But altogether a great and historical job has been done. Things have been fitted together with accuracy and spendid skill, and the real and true restoration made me feel as if I had left the bunker only yesterday. It still seems like a miracle to me! On entering the bunker for the first time with Paul Burnal by my side I found my emotions were so strong that I had to be on my own for some time in the ammunition room to recall so many memories, the funny and happy ones, but much more the sad, desperate, depressed and suffering ones.
The end
Attachments
phpFA0if2AM.jpg
Engelbert outside his former command, the M19 bunker, in 2007
phpFA0if2AM.jpg (106.53 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
phpcMkxbmAM.jpg
Myself and Engelbert in the crew room of the M19 bunker at 2pm on Saturday May 11th 2008 at this point Engelbert gave me the honour of him placing me 'offically' in command of the M19 bunker
phpcMkxbmAM.jpg (100.29 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
phpxhLpxDAM.jpg
Engelbert with Noel Cashford MBE. Noel came to Jersey on May 9th 1945 with Task Force 135 and Engelbert watched his destroyer as it sailed around La Corbiere. 62 years to the day in 2007 they met face to face at La Corbiere and have since become good friends
phpxhLpxDAM.jpg (111.51 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 26 Dec 2009, 23:07

Hi all,

Next is Herr Horst Herrmann who manned the 10.5cm Jaeger Type casemate 'K2' at Stp. Corbiere.

Horst Herrmann was born on 8th March 1925 in the eastern part of Berlin. The aftermath of hyper-inflation which afflicted Germany in the late 1920s as a result of the harsh conditions imposed by the Treaty of Versailles meant that Horst knew nothing but hardship as a child. He became a member of the Hitler Youth which took him to the mountains of Bavaria as well as other parts of Germany which due to his circumstances, would have otherwise never have seen.

To be continued....
Attachments
phpB8DBVQPM.jpg
The inside of Horst Herrmann's Wehrpass. Note that his first name was Adolph, a name he would only admit to close friends in post war years! (The late Horst Herrmann)
phpB8DBVQPM.jpg (107.59 KiB) Viewed 1715 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 26 Dec 2009, 23:29

At the age of 17, and in common with all German youths, Horst had to serve in the Reicharbeitsdienst or RAD (State Labour Service) for a period of 6 months. Unusually this took the form of working as a guard on the suburban passenger trains of the Deutsche Reichsbahn (German State Railway) running out of Berlin. No doubt Horst was given a guard job due to his tall stature which would prove problematic during his military service!

When his 18 months with the RAD were up Horst was then drafted into the Army in 1943. When he was issued with his uniform Horst, unusally receeived a M1936 pattern uniform jacket which featured a bottle green collar and pleated pockets. All the others in his group recieved the standard M1943 pattern uniform jacket which was all field grey and featured un-pleated pockets and would have made Horst's comrades look rather shoddy in comparison. Oddly Horst also given a M1916 pattern steel helmet from the First World War which, although heavier and larger than the Second World War version, was viewed by Horst as "insurance" as it gave better protection.

To be continued....
Attachments
phpalEM32PM.jpg
Horst in his M1936 pattern jacket poses on a rock above the pier at St. Brelade's Bay, Jersey, in 1943(The late Horst Herrmann)
phpalEM32PM.jpg (89.96 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
phpCJe6ebPM.jpg
Horst in a M1943 pattern jacket but with a pre-war style breast eagle! (The late Horst Herrmann)
phpCJe6ebPM.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 1713 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 26 Dec 2009, 23:57

After completing his basic training Horst was immediately posted, along with 19 comrades of his age who were also Berliners, to the Eastern Front. They had a fairly bad time, with Horst spending a fair bit of his time in hospital, while in Russia and Horst was told by his Hauptstabsfeldwebel that he was a waste of time and that he was to be sent along with the others to "Some God-forsaken Island off the French coast". What had actually happened was that some General or other thought it was wrong for such young recruits to be in such a place and they were sent to Jersey in exchange for men of a more mature age. So Horst, along with the other Berliners, travelled by train right across Europe in goods wagons until they found themselves on the docks at St. Malo were some of them saw the sea for the first time!

Arriving on Jersey in September 1943, Horst and his comrades were all posted to the 2nd Company of Machine Gun Battalion 16 with its HQ at the La Moye Golf Hotel. Horst later related,
There we were, a bunch of Berlin kids, mixed up with a bunch of middle aged country bumpkins whose accents we could hardly undestand!
The "country bumpkins" were mostly in their 30s and all hailed from the Eifel district of north-west Germany where Machine Gun Battalion 16 was originally raised.

To be continued....

The photo below shows a group of off-duty soldiers from the 2nd Company of Machine Gun Battalion 16 enjoying a drink and some sun outside the Soldatenheim II in St. Brelade's Bay. From the left are; Gerd Berndt, Bodo Engelmann, Guenther Dumke, ? Soenlein, Horst Kasper, Hans Joachim Langfeldt and Horst Herrmann. Apart from Herr Soenlein all the men are from Berlin and it is likely that most of them served with Horst while stationed at Stp. Corbiere.
Attachments
php5xAmmEPM.jpg
(The late Horst Herrmann)
php5xAmmEPM.jpg (90.65 KiB) Viewed 1711 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 27 Dec 2009, 00:21

Horst rotated around the various defencive positions within the 2nd Company which included Wn. Les Brayes, The La Moye Golf Hotel as part of the Company Reserve, Einsatzstellung Hoehe 201 (Action Post heigh 201) above La Carriere Point and at Stp. Corbiere.

One of Horst's duties while serving at Wn. Les Brayes was to check a pole mounted detonation cable that connected the position to a redundant French 27cm shell that had been buried below La Rocco Tower. The purpose of this shell was to destroy the tower should it fall into Allied hands during an invasion. Horst was always worried that, if British commandos had landed on La Rocco Tower the night before, he would have been the first to have a knife in his throat! The shell itself was not 'rediscovered' until 1995 and safely destroyed.

To be continued....
Attachments
phpevEotbPM.jpg
Horst (back of right-hand row facing camera) along with his comrades enjoy some music and soup inside the Soldatenheim at St. Brelade's Bay. The NCO on the right is a comrade of Polish origin. (The late Horst Herrmann)
phpevEotbPM.jpg (67.34 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
phpmaM96WPM.jpg
A rest and fag break after a day's manouvers in May 1944 for the Reserve Company of 2nd Company Machine Gun Battalion 16. Horst is on the right and his tall stature is obvious! (The late Horst Herrmann)
phpmaM96WPM.jpg (127.28 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
phpJKFuKVPM.jpg
La Rocco Tower in late 1944. Note the anti-landing craft poles. (CIOS collection)
phpJKFuKVPM.jpg (60.3 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
Last edited by M19 MADMAL on 27 Dec 2009, 01:18, edited 1 time in total.

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 27 Dec 2009, 01:06

During his time at the north facing 10.5cm K331(f) Jaeger Type coastal defence gun casemate 'K2' (K - Kanone = cannon) at Stp. Corbiere, which was his favourite posting, Horst was trained on the operation and firing of the weapon. Due to his height, Horst could never get the seat on the gun adjusted correctly for his size and found that his knees would get in the way of the elevation and traverse wheels during training. He was also (and much to his annoyance!) constantly banging his head on the large extractor hood fitted above the gun to remove fumes. This height disadvantage within the confines of the bunker also meant that Horst was given an end bunk bed so that he had room for his feet to stick out!

On one particular live firing exercise with the 10.5cm gun, Horst was given the job of firing the gun which was achieved by pulling a lanyard. On being given the order to 'Fire' Horst went to pull the lanyard but it slipped through his fingers due to his hands being sweaty with nerves. The Bunker Commander, Feldwebel Werner Hentrich [see 1st page of this thread], assumed that the gun had misfired and immediately ordered everybody out of the gun room on the double. Needless to say that Horst was not very popular afterwards!

He also trained on the M19 5cm automatic fortress mortar which was mounted in a neighbouring bunker to 'K2' [see Engelbert Hoppe's story before Horst's] and during one of the very few live firing exercises undertaken on the M19 Horst and several comrades loaded the mortar and then fired off several rounds (the mortar could fire up to 120 rounds per minute), and while the mortars were 'in flight' they all ran outside to watch the mortars exploding onto some rocks in the sea that were the chosen target. Horst was trained on several other types of weapon including the 3.7cm PAK anti-tank gun. This gun was, by 1943, hopelessly obsolete due to its inability to penetrate the armour of enemy tanks which earned it the nickname of 'Door Knocker' by the Russians. No doubt Horst had seen how ineffective it was while serving on the Eastern Front and commented that "The only thing it was good for was opening barn doors!"

To be continued....
Attachments
phptqnPmSPM.jpg
1st and 2nd photos show Horst examining the 10.5cm K331(f) in 'K2' at Stp. Corbiere during one of his return visits in the mid 1990s (Jersey Evening Post)
phptqnPmSPM.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
phpU6d58RPM.jpg
phpU6d58RPM.jpg (54.13 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
phpOCtJEsPM.jpg
phpOCtJEsPM.jpg (102.93 KiB) Viewed 1698 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 27 Dec 2009, 15:58

As with most soldiers, Horst trained in the operation and deployment of the MG34 machine gun, and again due to his tall build Horst was felt to be best suited to carrying and caring for the machine gun or more practically its heavy, 20 Kilogram, Lafette 34 tripod mounting (a task that Horst blames for his back problems in later life!). Another problem with the MG34 was its need for constant cleaning and maintenance and after exercises or patrol it was Horst's duty to clean the sand out of the gun which always managed to find its way into every working part.

Before D-Day, live firing of the various machine guns would be carried out on a regular basis. A flare would be fired a 7pm from Machine Gun Battalion 16's Headquarters at the Alexandria Hotel which was the signal for every machine gun in St Ouen's Bay to fire off fifty rounds.
The whole bay exploded from all the bunkers
On the night of D-Day with the German garrison put on highest alert Horst had to sleep in his bed in 'K2' prepared for the expected invasion complete with wearing his Jack boots!

To be continued....
Attachments
phpWr5TamPM.jpg
Horst (on the left) compares notes with another solder outside the Soldatenheim in St. Brelade's Bay in 1943. Note this is the same place where Engelbert Hoppe poses in the 2nd post on this page. (The late Horst Herrmann)
phpWr5TamPM.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
bunkers046-1.jpg
The crew room of 'K2' today with Horst's bed being the upper one on the right which allowed his feet to stick out! (Kevin Shales)
bunkers046-1.jpg (73.61 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 27 Dec 2009, 22:40

M19 MADMAL wrote:A flare would be fired a 7pm from Machine Gun Battalion 16's Headquarters at the Alexandria Hotel which was the signal for every machine gun in St Ouen's Bay to fire off fifty rounds.
As a side note, there was a AA MG 34 mounted on the roof of the Alexandria Hotel (see photo on the first page of this thread) and one of the soilders, while on duty in the AA position, had learned that the bell which hung in the steeple of the nearby St. Peter's Parish church was just visible through the louvres on the side of said steeple. So he would show off his marksman skills to his comrades by shooting through the louvres and making the bell ring!

To be continued....
Attachments
271209 005.jpg
The Former Alexandria Hotel and HQ of MG Battalion 16 which is now the St. Peter's Country Inn. The flat top of the roof is where the AA MG was mounted and the steeple of St. Peter's Parish church can be seen behind
271209 005.jpg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
271209 006.jpg
Taken from the former M.G. BTL. 16 HQ showing the louvres on the side of the steeple (above the clock) where the 'marksman' would shoot through to make the bell ring. The bell on the outside below the clock is a modern addition.
271209 006.jpg (44.86 KiB) Viewed 1634 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 27 Dec 2009, 23:23

Apart from watching "the whole bay explode from all the bunkers", the crew of 'K2' would also empty out the gunpowder from their rifle rounds onto the crew room table and set fire to it for entertainment. The barbed wire perimeter fence, which encircled Stp. Corbiere, contained trip wires which were attached to 'Lichtminen' (Light mines). These 'mines' consisted of a flare gun cartridge and a tripwire activated firing pin which would alert the presence of anybody attempting to cross through the barbed wire. The trip wires were extremely sensitive and were often set off by the nocturnal activities of rabbits! Horst found that sentry duty, a soldiers most loathed job, was a wonderful experience at La Corbiere during the night with the soft air and the sound of the sea. During a full moon the headland tooks on a vary romantic feel with the granite sparkling in the moonlight, yet always at the back of Horst's mind was the possibility that there may be a commando creeping up behind him, cheese wire in hand, ready to silently dispose of him!

During his first days at Stp. Corbiere Horst, along with the other soldiers, had noticed the presence of a feral tabby cat that lived in the area and it wasn't long before the soldiers were petting and feeding the cat. Knowing it was on to a good thing (and with the blessing of Feldwebel Hentrich, the commander of 'K2') the cat moved in and was soon adopted as a mascot by the crew of 'K2'. Sadly the cat's days were numbered! During the time of starvation in the winter of 1944/45, when hunger controlled everything, the poor cat was killed and consumed for food. When Horst related this story to me in May 2005 he still had tears in his eyes for the fact that he and the rest of the crew of 'K2' had to kill their beloved mascot for food. He also remembers having to go and pick stinging nettles to make soup to supplement the meager rations.

In early 1945 Horst was at the 10.5cm Jaeger Type casemate at Wn. La Carriere playing a game of cards with some of his comrades while discussing how to obtain more food. One of his comrades, who had been drinking, stated "I shall get us some food! There are rabbits outside in the minefield!" and with that he jumped up and ran outside towards the minefield before he could be stopped. Horst leapt up and gave chase and with a flying rugby tackle brought his drunken comrade to the ground just as he was reaching the minefield perimeter and thus averting a disaster.

To be continued....
Attachments
phpbQ3xaWPM.jpg
The entrance of the 10.5cm casemate at Wn La Carriere in late 1944. (CIOS collection)
phpbQ3xaWPM.jpg (66.07 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
phpMWIcFjPM.jpg
The 10.5cm gun at Wn La Carriere in late 1944 with La Rocco Tower behind. (CIOS Collection)
phpMWIcFjPM.jpg (45.38 KiB) Viewed 1630 times

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 28 Dec 2009, 00:00

For the last few weeks of the war Horst lived at 'Bracken Hill' which was used by the Reserve Company of Machine Gun Battalion 16 and was located on La Route Orange, St. Brelade. He acted as an 'assistant' for the Battalion, and former 2nd Company Commander, Hauptmann Schellenburg who resided at La Moye Manor. Horst got this job because as he put it "I was a good scrounger!" One day Hauptmann Schellenburg ordered Horst to cycle into St. Helier and collect a quantity of sugar beet syrup. On his return journey temptation (and hunger) proved to much and Horst would stop every now and then to take a sip of the sweet syrup and by the time he had returned to his Commander the lot had gone. Hauptmann Schellenburg asked "Why did you drink it?" and Horst's reply was "Because I was so bloody hungry!"

To be continued....

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 29 Dec 2009, 17:08

Horst left Jersey on May 12th 1945, and what he thought was his last sight of the Island was watching the roof of the Grand Hotel at West Park fading away into the evening mist. Like many other German prisoners he worked on farms in and around the St. Neots and Godmanchester district of what was then Hutingdonshire. By 1947 these Germans, although still normally prisoners, were able to come and go as they pleased outside of working hours. By now Horst had acquired a small white dog as a pet and, while out walking by the river one evening, the dog jumped up onto the new white coat being worn by a young lady. "Don't do that" Horst said, "You'll spoil the lady's nice coat!" And so they began chatting. The young Lady's name was Barbara, recently demobilised from the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service, and it was not long before they were married.

When Horst was officially discharged from captivity in 1948 he was given the choice of ether returning to Germany or staying in Britain. As his former home in the eastern part of Berlin was now in the Soviet Zone Horst's father advised him to stay away for a while as things were hard. "I stayed away for a while and in the end, for good." So Horst elected to remain in Britain and was obliged to work on farms while living in a two roomed cottage with no running water and no inside sanitation. Eventually things improved and the couple were allocated a council house and Horst obtained employment with the Coalite Division of ICI in St. Ives where he rose to the position of Chief Clerk.

To be continued....

The page below is scanned from C.I. Occupation Review No.23 (No ISBN no!) and is from an artical entitled "The Libiration of Jersey - Then and now" and shows the Grand Hotel on the day Horst watched it "fading away into the evening mist" as he was trasported on a landing craft to England
Attachments
phpUMA4ekAM.jpg
CIOS Collection
phpUMA4ekAM.jpg (97.38 KiB) Viewed 1577 times

AvB
Financial supporter

Post by AvB » 31 Dec 2009, 02:30

Great story again! I remember some of the stuff like the cat and the sea weed from when I visited the M19! Thanks for posting this info Malcolm!

M19 MADMAL

Post by M19 MADMAL » 01 Jan 2010, 13:41

AvB wrote:Great story again! I remember some of the stuff like the cat and the sea weed from when I visited the M19! Thanks for posting this info Malcolm!
Cheers AvB,

Wether or not I will ever get it published I don't know but I am glad at least such info is posted here and accessable for all to see so the memories won't be lost forever 8-)

"Infomation not shared is lost"
Regards,
Malcolm :)

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”