German fortification in Ukraine

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Natter

Re: German fortification in Ukraine

Post by Natter » 13 Oct 2012, 18:45

Konstantin wrote:These beacons are located on the top of the southern and northern breakwaters Mariupol port. Work so far and represent shots on target. Depth there is extremely small, the warships will not just boats. That's probably all for today. All is not clear, but I'm sure - will be clarified. The only pity is that this border area - go there to inspect buildings is difficult.Image
I'm always looking for anything related torpedoes and other underwaterweapons, so the possibility of a yet unknown german torpedobattery and/or controllable minefield is worth exploring... Although these photos might give an apperance of possible torpedotubes, I have no idea of the dimensions of the construction, so most likely "wishful thining": Is the purpose of the openings verified in any way (for example ports for MG or guns)?

Konstantin

Post by Konstantin » 14 Mar 2016, 21:33

Hello,

It was found two previously unknown photos of German fortifications in Kramatorsk (Ukraine). It was destroyed in about 1954. Help identify. Perhaps vsrechalos anything like that?

Best regards.
Konstantin.

moonraker

Post by moonraker » 14 Mar 2016, 22:01

hello konstantin
it looks like a Vf3 ?

Me belfra-team

Konstantin

Post by Konstantin » 18 Mar 2016, 20:20

moonraker wrote:hello konstantin
it looks like a Vf3 ?

Me belfra-team

No, it's not Vf3. Although very similar. It may be another version?

herring

Post by herring » 19 Mar 2016, 16:52

In Poland we don't have similar objects.

Konstantin

Post by Konstantin » 27 Aug 2016, 12:09

Hi,

Shatsky Lakes, Volyn, Ukraine. August 23, 2016. We have them all the same discovered and examined - German Ringstände Vf.58c

Ringstände №2

Ringstände №2

Ringstände №4

Ringstände №4

Ringstände №2,3,4 are located in the village of Zatishe. Object №3 is located on private property, adjusted for household needs, and we did not managed to explore.

Best regards.
Konstantin.

Konstantin

Post by Konstantin » 27 Aug 2016, 12:29

In Ukraine, it is the only place where you can see Ringstände - Shatsky Lakes. Colleagues, I would be very grateful if you help me figure out here in these details:

1. What is meant here is that barrier, so this of concrete? I've reviewed a lot of pictures of such facilities, but this element is not met.

2. Do I understand correctly that this one groove in the doorway - it is for the chimney stove?

Best regards.
Konstantin.

TH

Post by TH » 27 Aug 2016, 19:13

Hi Konstantin!
Konstantin wrote:1. What is meant here is that barrier, so this of concrete? I've reviewed a lot of pictures of such facilities, but this element is not met.
The top of the Ringstand was usually covered with earth. The bulge on the entrance side is there to prevent it from falling down.
Konstantin wrote:2. Do I understand correctly that this one groove in the doorway - it is for the chimney stove?
Probably, yes. Looks a bit like the concrete between the original hole for the pipe and the entrance broke off, thus forming the unusual groove.

herring

Post by herring » 28 Aug 2016, 09:39

Helo Konstantin,

It's very interesting. Did you also find any remains/ stories about Stahlunterstands? Or Pantherturms?

herring

Post by herring » 28 Aug 2016, 20:52

In my notes I've found information, that 1 Pantherturm was located in Mielniki. Point is, that you have 3 Mielniki in Ukraine (Mielniki near Shatsk, Mielniki Mostyskie, Mielniki Zhetshytskhye) and 1 Mielniki in Belarus. All of them are located close to each other.

Konstantin

Post by Konstantin » 29 Aug 2016, 10:08

herring wrote:In my notes I've found information, that 1 Pantherturm was located in Mielniki. Point is, that you have 3 Mielniki in Ukraine (Mielniki near Shatsk, Mielniki Mostyskie, Mielniki Zhetshytskhye) and 1 Mielniki in Belarus. All of them are located close to each other.
Helo herring,

Interesting information. It would be great if something survived. You do not have more precise information, the marks on the map?

Best regards.
Konstantin.

Konstantin

Post by Konstantin » 29 Aug 2016, 10:10

TH wrote:Hi Konstantin!
Konstantin wrote:1. What is meant here is that barrier, so this of concrete? I've reviewed a lot of pictures of such facilities, but this element is not met.
The top of the Ringstand was usually covered with earth. The bulge on the entrance side is there to prevent it from falling down.
Konstantin wrote:2. Do I understand correctly that this one groove in the doorway - it is for the chimney stove?
Probably, yes. Looks a bit like the concrete between the original hole for the pipe and the entrance broke off, thus forming the unusual groove.
Hi ТН!

Thank you!. You really helped me advice.

Best regards.
Konstantin.

Lars Bertelsen

Re: German fortification in Ukraine (and Belarus)

Post by Lars Bertelsen » 01 Sep 2016, 22:22

Hello herring,
thanks for info about Mielniki names. It is a bit difficult, because it seems that there are several spelling errors in the original German document, published in Panzer Tracts #21-2.
The Pantherturmstand at “Mielniki” was part of the W.P.P.-Stellung. Thus, the right one might be Melnyky near Shatsk? (please see map)
In fact there is a Mielnik in Poland too (green spot on map). But that cannot be the right one, since it is far away from the W.P.P.-Stellung.
Greetings Lars
Attachments
Mielniki_pantherturm.jpg

Vasilyev

Re: German fortification in Ukraine (and Belarus)

Post by Vasilyev » 09 Jul 2022, 22:23

Lars Bertelsen wrote:
01 Sep 2016, 22:22
Hello herring,
thanks for info about Mielniki names. It is a bit difficult, because it seems that there are several spelling errors in the original German document, published in Panzer Tracts #21-2.
The Pantherturmstand at “Mielniki” was part of the W.P.P.-Stellung. Thus, the right one might be Melnyky near Shatsk? (please see map)
In fact there is a Mielnik in Poland too (green spot on map). But that cannot be the right one, since it is far away from the W.P.P.-Stellung.
Greetings Lars
Hi Lars! Which NARA files did you find the base map in?

Lars Bertelsen

Post by Lars Bertelsen » 10 Jul 2022, 23:12

Hello Vasilyev
I do not remember where I found this map, but I will check up asap and be back then. Or probably one of our fellow colleagues might help?
Greetings Lars

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”