3cm Zwilling

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
HerrLyppe

3cm Zwilling

Post by HerrLyppe » 01 Jan 2011 05:38

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can give me any information regarding a 3cm Zwilling, designated M44?
Some years ago I bought a small folder containing the original Wiegenzeichnungen for the this 3cm Flak, but haven't, until recently, had a good look at them. Originally I thought it was just drawings for modifications to the single barreled Flak 38 for mounting the 3cm MK 103. When a friend recently asked for a copy, i thought I'd better make sure that's what they actually were before sending them off and the cradle appears to be designed to mount two weapons.
I can't find any reference anywhere relating to a 3cm Zwilling other than in the MkIV Kugelblitz, which I'm fairly certain it isn't because of the Kriegsmarine reference in the stamp "....... Plankammer d. Marine-Waffenamts....", and all the photos I've seen of the mounts in the Kugelblitz.
Here's a couple of photos

Cheers
Allan

jopaerya

Re: 3cm Zwilling

Post by jopaerya » 01 Jan 2011 10:07

First Best Wishes for 2011 to you all .

Hello Allen

Thanks for sharing these very nice drawings , I think there are two weapons

3 cm M.K. 303 M 44 or 3 cm Flak M 44 ( your drawing and the photo )

3 cm Flak 103/38 ( Kugelblitz ) also planned and a few build in Flak vierling

Based this conclusion on the weaponproduction from the Sturmvogel.orbat.com

30mm Flak 103/38 Jaboschrek ( 149 build in 1945 till March )
30mm MK. 303 ( 32 build in 1944 and 190 build till March 1945 )
based on Das Deutsche Reich und der Zweite Weltkrieg, vol. 5, part 1

Photo = Valka.cz

Regards Jos
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 14&start=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HerrLyppe

Post by HerrLyppe » 18 Jan 2011 09:30

Hey Jos,
Thankyou for your nice and concise response. God only knows what I'm going to do with these drawings know that I know what they're for. They certainly don't fall within my field of interest.
I'd be interested in knowing where on Sturmvogel.orbat.com you sourced the production figures from. I couldn't find anything of the sort there.
Again, thankyou for your response and best to you and yours for the New Year.
Cheers
Allan

Jayba

Post by Jayba » 24 Nov 2011 14:04

Allen: Interested to know if you still have this drawing, and/or if not what the dimension is between the centerlines on the barrels.
Jay Fallon

HerrLyppe

Post by HerrLyppe » 26 Nov 2011 11:10

Hi Jay,
The drawings are with a collector in Germany at the moment but I will see if I can get the details for you.
Cheers
Allan

Cobrahistorian

Post by Cobrahistorian » 18 Jan 2014 06:21

Jos,

Are those production figures for the Jaboschreck accurate? 149 total produced? The serial number on my mount is 175. We started the restoration this week and have been making steady progress. The elevation mechanism has been cleaned up and reinstalled, I'm working on the sights and the traverse gearbox will be finished on tuesday. The gun was returned to us last month and we will re-mount it as soon as we finish the chassis. As far as I know, this is the sole remaining Jaboschreck.

Jon

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 18 Jan 2014 20:58

Hello Jon

Found this data on http://orbat.com/site/sturmvogel/ and I think they got it from
the book Das Deutsche Reich und der Zweite Weltkrieg, vol. 5 part 1
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Deutsc ... _Weltkrieg

Regards Jos

Nimitz Zhang

Post by Nimitz Zhang » 16 Jul 2019 06:45

Hi, jopaerya.

I am a new member and I stumbled onto your post while scavenging for info on the 3 cm M.K.303 (Br).
I wanted to piece together information to compose this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_cm_M.K._303_Flak

Anyway, I chose to upload to Wikipedia page the image you posted previously ( download/file.php?id=232300&sid=7e015b0 ... 60d422cb2f ).

Unfortunately, the image ran into copyright issues. It was determined that that image is from the public domain and copyright had probably expired, but I need confirmation, which means that I must find the owner or the photographer and confirm that I am free to upload it to Wikipedia.

Since I traced the image to you, can you please help me identify where you found that image (and possibly who owns it now)?

Furthermore, judging from your interest in Flak guns, I reckon that it might interest you the slightest to help enrich Wikipedia's knowledge regarding 3 cm M.K. 303 (Br)?

I am simply an enthusiast, so the information I provide in the article is limited and it will be great if someone like you can share your fast knowledge.

And please please PLEASE, reply swiftly, for I only have 6 more days to prove the license of that image before it will be taken down by Wikipedia moderators.

Best regards and much thanks!

Nimitz Zhang

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”