Juno Beach

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
gregoire14

Juno Beach

Post by gregoire14 » 06 Mar 2014 00:36

Here are some pictures of Courseulles / sea located on the area of ​​Juno Beach

kstdk

Re: Juno Beach

Post by kstdk » 06 Mar 2014 12:43

Hello

Welcome to Axis History Forum.

Nice pictures - do you live nearby?

I have visited Courseulles and the landing beaches several times - nice places, today that is :)

There will be a lot of festivitas this year!

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

gregoire14

Post by gregoire14 » 06 Mar 2014 13:06

Hello,
thank you
yes I live a few miles is a chance for me, you also there to bunkers you have near you?

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 06 Mar 2014 14:54

Hello

Yes, when living in the middle of Jutland, Denmark - you are near to almost everything (it is a small country).

I have about 100 km. to both East and West coast, and on the West coast there is a lot of bunkers.

Esbjerg, Blaavand, Hovvig, Thyborøn, Hanstholm is the major sites and most of them was stronger that the ones at the landing beaches, only the larger sites in France were heavier ie. Battr. Todt, Lindemann, Grosser Kurfürst and so on mostly in the Calais Region.

So welcome to the site of "bunker-nerds" :thumbsup:

It is a great hobby!!

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

gregoire14

Post by gregoire14 » 08 Mar 2014 22:41

Hello
ok thank you for that answer
goodbye

Valtoro

Post by Valtoro » 04 May 2018 21:26

Captured german map over the defences at Juno Beach.
Taken from the FB-group to "MCN Militaria Collector's Network" (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Artee

Post by Artee » 10 May 2018 03:01

Valtoro,

Very nice find. This is the first time I've seen a map specific to Schweres Artillerie Abteilung 989 in Normandy.

I've had a quick look at FB group for MCN Militaria Collector's Network however I couldn't find the map. Did you perchance grab some other scans of this map? It would be great to see a close up of the area closer to the coast between Asnelles Sur Mer and Lion Sur Mer.

Perhaps you could post it on the "Artillery in Normandy" thread on this forum.

Regards
Artee

Sheldrake

Post by Sheldrake » 10 May 2018 08:52

Artee wrote:Valtoro,

Very nice find. This is the first time I've seen a map specific to Schweres Artillerie Abteilung 989 in Normandy.

I've had a quick look at FB group for MCN Militaria Collector's Network however I couldn't find the map. Did you perchance grab some other scans of this map? It would be great to see a close up of the area closer to the coast between Asnelles Sur Mer and Lion Sur Mer.

Perhaps you could post it on the "Artillery in Normandy" thread on this forum.

Regards
Artee
There is a map showing the 989 positions on pp84-85 in Gold Juno and Sword Beaches by Georges Bernage.

Gregiore,

Two of the photos show a 50mm gun in a concrete emplacement. Are these of the bunker St Aubin-sur-mer?

Artee

Post by Artee » 10 May 2018 12:05

Umm err Sheldrake thanks...but not really

I can't recall what decade it was I first saw the map that appears in George Bernage's book - but the map that Valtoro posted pertains specifically to the SAA989 - apparently showing locations of their howitzers, Bty HQ's and OP's....

Artee

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”