need help on part of Westwall

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
speedyibo

need help on part of Westwall

Post by speedyibo » 25 Sep 2017, 13:37

Hi guys,

been a long time since i've been working on my hobby. Having kids takes a lot of time :wink:
Time is comming back and more so, we baught an caravan in Born, Luxembourg on the Sauer river. In fall we can see a couple of remnants of the Westwall. This and a visit to these bunkers last summer also triggert my sons intereset for the war.

So far i have founds some bits and pieces about the area, but the more i find the more questions there are.
for the moment i am looking to find more information on the following aspects:

1. more detailed info (numbers, specs, occupating units and combatreports) on the bunkers build in the area Igel (near Trier) up to Gentingen With a special interst in the area's Grewenich-Trierweiler-Wintersdorf and Wallendorf-Biesdorf.

2. Combatreports/maps on the following area's: Wasserbillig, Hinkel, Born, Moersdorf, Rosport, Steinheim and Echternach (found some small reports from the 2nd Dragoons cavalry)

3. Units who have been up against this part of the Westwall as well as German units occuping this part of the line (so far i have info about the 5th division, 80th division and a couple of smaller units attached to this divisions)

4. also looking for a bit more info on the first and second Sauer crossing (september 1944 and february 1945)

Thnks for reading and maybe helping me me out :wink:

grts
Ibo

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”