Bundesarchiv online (invenio)

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
User avatar
Bunkerfreak
Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: 16 Sep 2012 18:45
Location: Antwerpen

Bundesarchiv online (invenio)

Post by Bunkerfreak » 11 Mar 2023 14:24

Hello

I'm wondering for a while how the bundesarchiv is working.
99% of the documents on invenio are not accesible, but the other 1% is free to acces with digitalisat anzeigen. I can get head nor tail on that

Why are some documents free and most not? it range from every timespan... i found tons of info around ww1 stellungsbauten and sectors, ww2 regelbau-documents is a bit more difficult to find but some are given "free" with digitalisat.

Is there a way to find out what they are publishing with digitalisat in the future? based on what terms they upload it? or is there a paid function where you can acces all documents that are on that site? i'm even willing to pay if possible

I'm not complaining, i got allready hundreds of gigabyte from invenio. But just wondering in what order they upload stuff...

Tom

User avatar
AvB
Financial supporter
Posts: 3424
Joined: 20 Jun 2004 00:00
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands

Re: Bundesarchiv online (invenio)

Post by AvB » 11 Mar 2023 14:59

I have the feeling they start from top of the chain and go down and what they digitised for visitors. I have seen some maps which were digitised for my book. Some OKW/OKH, Wehrmachtsbefehlshaber of Norway/Denmark/Netherlands/Belgium/France are done, also they digitise on subject. For example V2-divisions, some Normandy. I think Russian front will follow. Bunkers are lower on the list. You just have to check or send an inquiry.

User avatar
Bunkerfreak
Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: 16 Sep 2012 18:45
Location: Antwerpen

Re: Bundesarchiv online (invenio)

Post by Bunkerfreak » 11 Mar 2023 16:05

ok! that sounds a bit logical.

I'm looking forward to the day that the bunkers are digitised! i found some westwall-related documents, very nice, you dont hear me complain, but if you see the titles of what they have and what not is digitised yet... its a dream

regards

User avatar
AvB
Financial supporter
Posts: 3424
Joined: 20 Jun 2004 00:00
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands

Re: Bundesarchiv online (invenio)

Post by AvB » 13 Mar 2023 08:15

Seeing the documents in real life is still the best experience. ;)

jopaerya
Member
Posts: 19233
Joined: 21 Jun 2004 13:21
Location: middelburg

Re: Bundesarchiv online (invenio)

Post by jopaerya » 13 Mar 2023 09:30

Hello Tom

In the section Archives from this Forum there is a guy Nick Terry and he puts all new published Invenio documents on line there.

User avatar
Bunkerfreak
Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: 16 Sep 2012 18:45
Location: Antwerpen

Re: Bundesarchiv online (invenio)

Post by Bunkerfreak » 14 Mar 2023 18:59

thanks Jos!

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”