Need info on this bunker

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Erik E
Financial supporter

Post by Erik E » 12 Mar 2004 18:18

Hello!

Good question Kurt :)
As far as I know, the one mentioned in Rudi`s book is an SK bunker based on the R 615, but doesn`t match the original layout drawings 100%.

Maybe Peter H. knows more about this??

Erik E

stril

Post by stril » 14 Mar 2004 15:31

Hello
Ill add two additional photos, any info provided would be nice.
I might make a fool of myself but i want to know if the rubbish on
the picture are som kind of equipment used in this bunker.
Pictures, a metalsylinder?, placed under the tubes/pipes on the wall (?)
regards
stril

Erik E
Financial supporter

Post by Erik E » 14 Mar 2004 17:32

Hello!

The "cylinder" is actually a WT80K oven :) The photo shows the cookingplate on top of it. If you turn it over, you will se the front like the photo below.

The tube however, has to be for the "Dragerlüfter" ventilation system. The 6 bolts on the wall behind it were for it`s mounting frame.
(Next photo)

Judging by your photos, the oven have been mounted next to the emergency exit, which Btw seems to have a armoured door type 410P9.

EE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SES
Financial supporter

Post by SES » 14 Mar 2004 21:07

kstdk wrote:Hej Erik and Stril !!

I have a little question - what about the R615 which Rudi Rolf mentions in his book. There he is stating that there is / was a R615 in Holland ???

"Artillerie Beobachtungsstand mit schräger Deckenplatte" - Page 160

Maybe there is´nt one in the NL. ??? Or what ???

Regards
Kurt
kstdk.

Hi everyone.
The Germans had mistakes and ommissions in their records - a lot. So our Leading Star Rudi Rolf is bound to have mistakes in his publications. In denmark we have found a number of bunkers which are not mentioned in the Bfm, have been recorded under a incorrect Stp. etc. We have a V 196 in Silkeborg which is not recorded and the L 485 at Blåvand is listed under FlgHrst Rom. These are the worst excamples, but there are others. Within my own field of expertice there was a tendency to call every marine radar a FuMO 3 albeit this common denominator covered many other types as documented through photographic evidence. So RR working from German records would faithfully replicate the German errors. In Bunker Typologie RR has used the latest version of the Bfm from the various countries, these are in some cases not up-to-date. Additionally in the first edition there were sores of bunkertypes which were not recorded and in edition 2 there are still some. Check how many L 494 there has been built . None if you only use Typologie as a source, but as I published we have one in Ålborg alive and kicking :-) So don't be surprised to find a 615 which is not recorded.
Regards
SES
Last edited by SES on 16 Mar 2004 06:15, edited 1 time in total.

Erik E
Financial supporter

Post by Erik E » 14 Mar 2004 22:07

So don't be surprised to find a 615 which is not recorded.

I am not surprised that i isn`t mentioned in RR`s book(s). Actually very few of the regelbau bunkers I have seen in Norway can be found in his book!

The reason why I (And probably some others) are surprised, is that this is the first R-615 ever recorded (To our knowledge) I have checked this type with everyone I know, and still no one has ever seen one.....Exept Stril :)

Erik E

SES
Financial supporter

Post by SES » 14 Mar 2004 22:11

Actually very few of the regelbau bunkers I have seen in Norway can be found in his book!

I hope we find them in yours :-)
SES

P. Heijkoop

R.615 Finally found

Post by P. Heijkoop » 15 Mar 2004 20:36

Hi Everyone,

I think that indeed the first 615 is found!
Congratulations... that is a very rare find..
A find which will happen more in Norway as our active Norwegian
bunkerfriend discover more and more complexes. I won't be astonished if more rare types turn op in Norway.

Back to the 615. As one of you mentioned the plate was placed sloping (schräg). that is the determining indication for a 615.
The 615sk in the Netherlands was indeed a real Sk. For a long period it was not sure if this bunker (located in Bloemendaal) survived the war and what the Sk-adaption was. I always said jokingly that the Sk would be that the bunker wasn;t equipped with a plate. Recently the drawings of this bunker finally turned-up and indeed the bunker didn't have the plate and looked more linke a 668 with three rooms behind eachother. In an old RR book another 615 is mentioned in AOK 15. this one was probably neverd built. The one in Norway is uptill now the only one!

Btw nice pictures. To bad the bunker is a mess. That's not typically Norwegian, necause most bunkers I've seen overthere were quite clean.

Best wishes form Holland
:D
Peter

stril

Post by stril » 15 Mar 2004 23:52

Hello.
Thanks for replies.
The oven(cylinder :D ) is placed where it fell,so perhaps the rest is under the pile of rubbish.The guy who grew up in the area said that earlier the bunker contained some equipment, most likely the ventilation system.
But it was one room he was kind of interested in, it was the Beobachtungsraum. As kids they tought that it was a room the germans used when torturing people...with the instruments attached to the wall...
The rubbish is most likely placed there because they could use a wheelbarrow going down and in, now they are stacking it outside the entrance, and is starting to fill up the "ravine" in front of the bunker.
There are some smaller details that are almost gone on the outside, buried underneath bushes and rubbish.Logical as the height from the top and down must be 3-4 meters, to much for a small child.
Perhaps i should end it here, but first i would like to inform that i have started a small buisness :D
Im going to take guided tours in the area, ending up in this bunker.
Prize...10 Euro pr. person, and im going to put the oven( :D ) back in place, using it to prepare Hot dogs and coffe for the hungry traveller....
I think i have hit the jackpot, after the coming summer i can retire and move to a warmer climate :lol: :lol:
Regards
stril

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”