Regelbau collection

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Nick_since_1985

Post by Nick_since_1985 » 10 Sep 2004, 09:31

You all like bunker foto's?
On my old webstie we had a lite project running. It was called Project AW (Atlantik Wall). You can still see all the foto's we've made, tust click on the link below:

http://groups.msn.com/WW2Militaria/atla ... lgium.msnw

AvB
Financial supporter

Post by AvB » 12 Sep 2004, 22:04

SES wrote:Hi AvB.
Indeed this is where they plan a museum. Officially it is in a military area, but there are no signs which forbids entry, the local population walk their dogs in the area and it is fully accessiable. If you plan to visit, contact me by PM and I'll set you up with the project person. By the way we could need all the help we can get on information related to equipment, furniture, room lay-out, plotting table etc. which we can get on a M 152.
Kind regards
SES
I will contact you then, maybe I'll pay it a visit in the end of the year.
I know of three M 152s in Holland. Unfortunately two of them were used by the Dutch army after the war and were modified, the third one lies near IJmuiden but I've never been inside that one. Must be in original state but all the equipment is gone. Contacting the CIOS at Guernsey could be an idea? They refitted the V 142, don't know if the same equipment was used in that bunker though.

P. Heijkoop

Post by P. Heijkoop » 13 Sep 2004, 13:45

Hi All,

The problem with the navy designs is that not many original plans survived the war. Furthermore, most M.152 differ somehwat in their interior plan, depending on their function (Seekommandant or Artillerie-Abteilung). Are there no post-war plans from the Danish army with the orginial lay-out? I seem to remember that in the book about Pikkerbaken there is a plan of this M 152 or is this plan not correct.

Also, some of the navy equipment for Navy bunkers differed from the Heeres-design, this is especially so for the communication equipment. Battery boxes are always different, as are telephones. I would doubt if many bunkertelephone were used in these kind of bunker. I would guess some in the observationroom and furthermore fieldtelephones (type 33) and office-telephones (type 38). Other parts, e.g. the ventillation or heating equipment is most probably the same is in the Heer. One of the best things would be to completely strip the bunker and look for the details on the walls. A HES 2.4 is easily recognisable, as are the Hes 10 etc. Heating was probably the normal Central heating stove.

The Telephone exchange was most probably a Feldvermittung or a Festungsvermittlung zu 100 Ltn. the one on your pictues looks like a post-war edition. Futhermore some trasmitters and recievers, and perhaps one telex.
Plotting table is indeed very difficult. I don't think there are any pictures of ploting tables for Navy-hq, although they would most probably be the same as in the Leitstaende. So a round graduated table. These were also used in Admiralstaende

I think there's a good chance that furniture is the same as in normal bunkers. An M.152 for artillery-purposes is only on Abteilung (bataillon)-level. Thats not that high. There was no admiral inside...
So normal Klapptische, Hoecker etc would be the most logical.

Hope this is of any help.
Most resources for re-fitting bunkers are the observations in the field.

Peter

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 20 Sep 2004, 09:46

Hi Peter.
Thank you very much for the reply - the first one and indeed a very qualified one. The drawing you refer to reflects the bunker configuratio after it was rebuilt by the Royal Danish Navy and it is somewhat difficult to figure out which walls are new and which might have been removed so the is problem # 1.
I agree on the telephone exchange it looks very post war, but the museum insist that it is the one from the bunker.
On the plotting table my theory is that it was square or rectangular with the MQK on top of a naval chart. The round tables (Album 38.) you mention were used for the Umvertung process converting range and bearing (polar coordinates) from a radar to geo positions (Album 35). These pictures are from a Flak UGRUKO in Esbjerg.
bregds
SES
Attachments
Album 35.jpg
Album 35.jpg (157.79 KiB) Viewed 14920 times
Album 38.jpg
Album 38.jpg (156.44 KiB) Viewed 14920 times

AvB
Financial supporter

Post by AvB » 23 Sep 2004, 22:26

Kicking the topic again.

Haven't seen these ones coming along.

M 151 at Batterie Annes, Alderney, Channel Islands, sort of a Norwegian atmosphere :) Hasn't been built a lot in Denmark and Norway is it?

Beautiful 665 at Nymindegab Lager

Mighty 688 near Bihen, France.

Some Luftwaffe types:

L 401 at Stp Höhe-145 at Alderney, Channel Islands

L 401A at Stp Nessel, Boulonge sur Mer, France, the A version is somewhat bigger and has an additional Nahkampfraum

L 409A in Baustarke A on Voorne, Holland.

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 23 Sep 2004, 23:11

Hasn't been built a lot in Denmark and Norway is it?
Definately not in Norway!! In general, very few M, S and V-structures exsist in Norway... Those fitted with Regelbau personellbunkers usually got R621 or R622. However, in most occations, Tunnels or Local types of Vf were built.

Nice photos btw!!

Erik E

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 03 Oct 2004, 21:56

R618
Radio bunker
Wn Hove, Tromøy southern Norway

Radio/communications bunker, rather rare in the Atlantikwall.
Attachments
R618.JPG
R618.JPG (133.7 KiB) Viewed 14755 times

P. Heijkoop

Regelbau 603

Post by P. Heijkoop » 04 Oct 2004, 19:50

Hi,

Was just going through my photo-collection and found a picture of this very rare bunker. Probably the only one ever built. A Regelbau 603; garage for two tanks.
This bunker can be found near Oostduinkerken (Belgium)

Best Regards,

Peter Heijkoop
The Netherlands
Attachments
Regelbau 603.JPG
Regelbau 603.JPG (58.74 KiB) Viewed 14724 times

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 10 Oct 2004, 00:31

Hallo!

Most of the photos have been upladed to a gallery here:

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=5829

The few remaining will follow soon!

I also want to thanks those of you who participated (so far)
And this thread is ofcourse still open for more additions :wink:

There are still a lot of types missing!!

Rgds
Erik E

Alkali

Post by Alkali » 05 Nov 2004, 22:05

Hi All !

Constantly only Atlantik Wall ! For change something from Poland – German „sperrbatterie” (4 x 10,5 cm) in Ustka (Stolpmünde).

Leitstand (Regelbau ???)

Cannon position No 1

Cannon position No 2

Cannon position No 3

Cannon position No 4

Munitionsbunker

Munitionsbunker - interior

Regards,

Alkali

Leif

Post by Leif » 05 Nov 2004, 22:58

Hi.
I have seen the ammunition bunker serveral times in the region of Kiel / Germany. The shown bunker is at the site of a former Marineflak 4*10,5 battery.
Regards,
Leif
PS: Thanks a lot for the great pictures!
Attachments
Flak-Kiel.jpg
Flak-Kiel.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 14612 times

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 05 Nov 2004, 23:02

Hi Alkali.
A very warm welcome to you. We would all love to see much more material from Poland, it's all up to you and your Polish friends. My particular interest is German Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe radarsites and command bunker. just keep it comming.
bregds
SES

Alkali

Post by Alkali » 08 Nov 2004, 17:56

Hi,
SES wrote: A very warm welcome to you. My particular interest is German Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe radarsites and command bunker. bregds
SES
Thank SES :D Our interest are similar - see message „German Marine Radarsites in Rewal (Poland)”

Refards,
Alkali

RdG

Post by RdG » 13 Nov 2004, 21:33

Is this Ammo storage bunker a FL 246?

Alkali

Post by Alkali » 15 Nov 2004, 11:22

Hi,
RdG wrote:Is this Ammo storage bunker a FL 246?
No, Ammo storage bunker in Ustka is different. See

Does someone know what sign had Leitstand ?

Regards,
Alkali

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”