My last bunkertrip this year ?

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Erik E

My last bunkertrip this year ?

Post by Erik E » 09 Dec 2004, 23:19

Hello!

Today I had a quick job to do in Kristiansand, and what else could I do than to stop over in a bunker :)

This bunker seems to have served as a gefechtsstand of some sort....
In addition to a huge crewroom, there is also 3 rooms with antennashafts, and a fourth with ventilation equipment.......
There are 3 entrances, all of them still equipped with original steeldors and entrancedefence.
The rare part of this "complex" is a 89P9 infantry observation copular, the only known one in Norway!

Guess this was my last concrete for this year, but it was a nice end for a spectacular year with LOTS of great new discoveries!

EE
Attachments
vent..JPG
vent..JPG (57.7 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
cables.JPG
cables.JPG (52.16 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
89P9.JPG
89P9.JPG (78.28 KiB) Viewed 1025 times

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 09 Dec 2004, 23:28

some more......
Attachments
inside1.JPG
inside1.JPG (34.55 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
inside2.JPG
inside2.JPG (44.8 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
ent.defence.JPG
ent.defence.JPG (44.73 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

Revellations

Post by Revellations » 09 Dec 2004, 23:36

Nice Pics...keep them coming. I see there are a few boxes and a bike which look modern. Are these bunkers open to come and go or are they sealed off?

Cheers

Revellations

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 10 Dec 2004, 00:13

Allmost all bunkers in Norway are open and acessable for everyone.... The big problem is when they are located close to the population.

Not sure why, but bunkers often works as a magnet for all the outdated stuff people don`t want anymore.... The motto "What you can`t see on the surface, isn`t there" seems to be strong here!

EE

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 10 Dec 2004, 00:27

Why wont the goverment restore at least some of them and keep them from getting destroyed? Dont tell me they cant afford it. I have heard that hundred times.

They are historical locations for Pete`s sakes. :(

Revellations

Post by Revellations » 10 Dec 2004, 06:37

Thanks Eric...

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 12 Dec 2004, 21:51

For those interested, I can add that the unit serving in this location has been identified to "Festungsinfanterie Btl 656", part of the 274 Inf.Div.......

@ Christian W.
There are no state owned ww2 bunkermuseums in Norway.......
The few ones preserved, are all restored by volunteers, only a few with financial support.....
The problem is that these volunteers often seems to bite over more than they can handle, and end up in problems after a few years, or there is simply so much to do, that the general quality gets low.....

Just noticed that one of our largest private bunker museum are now selling gunparts on qxl, a online auction!!

Norwegians have prooved more than once that the ww2 interest is on a very low level, but hopefully the tide will turn before its too late!

EE

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 12 Dec 2004, 22:54

Norwegians have prooved more than once that the ww2 interest is on a very low level, but hopefully the tide will turn before its too late!

Lets hope so... :cry:

bryson109

Post by bryson109 » 13 Dec 2004, 00:11

Great pics Eric, thanks for sharing.

enven

Post by enven » 14 Dec 2004, 08:51

I have a question about these trips....= Can you just goto any bunker you like and explore? Or is there a specific listing of bunkers...that you can go through? I never had the opprotunity to go sight seeing in Europe/east/west and when i do...i hope to do this...that is why i ask.

Enven

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 14 Dec 2004, 09:33

Hello Enven

I can answer for the "Rules" here in Denmark, and i am sure it is the same in Norway ( i have been on bunkertrips with Erik E a couple of times ) - the rule is, that one has to get permission from the landowner of the property on which the bunkers are on.

A lot is on privat land, and / or military area. For military area there is of course special permission / regulations, but it can be arranged to get to see those as well.

So if anyone wants to get a good look at theese bunkers - both outside and inside - get permission first, do NOT just enter without having talked with the "owners" !!!!

And - if you get into bunkers, please - do behave properly and have a look, take pictures but - dont take anything for "souvenir", dont take anything with you - then wee all have a chance to come back. Otherwise we all risk getting a "no go" next time.

And - it is the same in Holland, Belgium and France - go ask, get permission - and then enter the area. Many bunkers are cealed off or locked, because of danger - dont try to enter !!! And never go into large bunkers alone !!!

Just "my good advice" :)

PS: It is another thing with bunkers which is on "free beach" laying in the dunes where it is allowed for everybody to go - there one can enter without permission, but pay attention for posters or signs, saying otherwise, it can be "on your own responsability" or marked "Danger" - so be carefull.

Regards
Kurt
kstdk.

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”