My first bunkers in 2005

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Erik E

My first bunkers in 2005

Post by Erik E » 17 Jan 2005, 17:35

Hello! :)

Had my "kickoff" yesterday with some locations nearby......

First, this Ringstand 65a called "Erna"! Erna is located in a small passage between an island and the mainland.
"She" was once equipped with a 5cm kwK...Typical weapon for locations like this.

EE
Attachments
Stilling.JPG
Stilling.JPG (60.07 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
Erna.JPG
Erna.JPG (92.01 KiB) Viewed 1773 times

Richard Hedlund

Post by Richard Hedlund » 17 Jan 2005, 17:54

What a beautiful place she is located at. But I bed it's quite cold. It is an interesting hobby you have, visiting the bunkers in Norway. I have seen many of your previous pics, giving me wish to go to Norway one day. Hope to see more from your 2005 bunker tour.

/Richard

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 17 Jan 2005, 17:56

Next and last stop was the "famous" MKB Egersund...One of the few batteries in Norway which were involved in heavy fighting.
The battery is spread over a wide area, and it took me nearly 3 hours to see everything......
At some stages, it was more climbing than walking......

These first photos shows 2 of the 4 emplacements for 12,7cm Skc/34, and one of the 4 Flak emplacements.
Attachments
Flak.JPG
Flak.JPG (55.05 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
12,7-2.JPG
12,7-2.JPG (62.75 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
12,7.JPG
12,7.JPG (32.5 KiB) Viewed 1763 times

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 17 Jan 2005, 18:03

Next up is this Searchlight emplacement.... Parts from 150cm Scheinwerfer all over the place....

Foundation for a WR radar, and last instruction to only use Losantin and gasalarm during gas attacks!
Attachments
Losantin.JPG
Losantin.JPG (27.83 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
WR.JPG
WR.JPG (40.96 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Lyskaster.JPG
Lyskaster.JPG (68.02 KiB) Viewed 1760 times

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 17 Jan 2005, 20:27

Hello Erik

Very nice pictures, always great to see some of Norway´s great nature as well. It must have been quite "windy" at Egersund that day ( look at the waves on the sea ) !!

Also welcome to a new "bunker year", hope to see a lot of your bunkertrips in 2005.

Also here it is soon due to a bunkertrip, i hope to go to Søndervig next weekend, to have a look at the damages after the storm here lately. It seems that the Infanteriestellung at Søndervig is almost "tumbling" around on the beach by now, due to the extreme wether. Also the R636 at Houvig schould be badly damaged by the sea and high tide during the storm.

But i will bring some pictures and the "full story" next week !!

Regards
Kurt
kstdk.

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 17 Jan 2005, 22:15

It was quite windy, but the storm was actually there 2 days before me, so there was little wind. Only the wawes were left :-)
Good luck in Søndervig Kurt!

EE

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 18 Jan 2005, 09:19

kstdk wrote:Hello Erik

Very nice pictures, always great to see some of Norway´s great nature as well. It must have been quite "windy" at Egersund that day ( look at the waves on the sea ) !!

Also welcome to a new "bunker year", hope to see a lot of your bunkertrips in 2005.

Also here it is soon due to a bunkertrip, i hope to go to Søndervig next weekend, to have a look at the damages after the storm here lately. It seems that the Infanteriestellung at Søndervig is almost "tumbling" around on the beach by now, due to the extreme wether. Also the R636 at Houvig schould be badly damaged by the sea and high tide during the storm.

But i will bring some pictures and the "full story" next week !!

Regards
Kurt
kstdk.
Hi Kurt,
There is a 671 just north if the 636 which hasen't seen daylight for decades could you check on that please.
bregds
SES

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 18 Jan 2005, 16:10

Hey SES

Certainly i will, i have the intention to go along the coast at Søndervig ( Infanteriestellung ) and then take Houvig ( HKB Kryle ) along the coast. And i think i will drive North to Thyborøn which also is very "vulnarable" as the bunkers are rigth on the beach there also.

[/quote]Hi Kurt, There is a 671 just north if the 636 which hasen't seen daylight for decades could you check on that please.
bregdsSES[/quote]

So, you have a deal !!! :)

I have heard that there is a lot of things on the beach now - barbed wire, metal poles, obstacles and "different things" that has been concealed until now - so why not new complete bunkers !!

So beware - DANGER !!!

Regards
Kurt
kstdk.

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 18 Jan 2005, 16:14

If you find a new bunker the best to hope for is a Bauform or one, which is not listed in the BfM, thay are all accounted for - I think :-)
bregds
SES

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 18 Jan 2005, 17:39

It pains me to see in what condition they are. Those bunkers have history.... :(

Richard Hedlund

Post by Richard Hedlund » 18 Jan 2005, 17:50

The wear and tear of time. Let us only hope that these bunkers will last out and become as famous to other generations as the Pantheon and the Colesseum is to us today. But, it is hard to maintain several tens of thousands of bunkers.

/Richard

Christian W.

Post by Christian W. » 19 Jan 2005, 14:56

The goverment could surely do something about some bunkers in Norway, if they would want to.

If Id ask about something like that from the goverment, they would likely say that " Look, sorry. But we dont have enough money for that ", or " Look, sorry. But we have more important things to do. "

:roll:

stril

Post by stril » 19 Jan 2005, 15:31

Hello
Perhaps im allowed to coment a few things mentioned above.
The wear and tear of time. Let us only hope that these bunkers will last out and become as famous to other generations as the Pantheon and the Colesseum is to us today. But, it is hard to maintain several tens of thousands of bunkers.
The goverment could surely do something about some bunkers in Norway, if they would want to.
It never going to happen that all interesting bunkers in Norway is going to be preserved, there is not enough time, interest and money to do so.Some have to go, regardless of its kind, use back then etc. etc., the places are going to be used for houses, industry and so on.
Instead of moaning, people should get out there, take notes, pictures, make drawings/maps, trying to get as much out of it as possible.And when the day comes that the bunker near you have to go, you can litterally build a exact copy of it, out of the information you have collected.
Some bunkersites are going to be restored, some are left to fade away. My personal view is that some sites should be left alone to fade away, not a stone to be moved if it fell down. Its for the future youth. There is a huge difference to go to a fully restored bunker or one that have been left alone. Those can trigger the imagination, "what is this ? what was its use ? who was these guys building this ?"
Some of the restored bunkersites are just a piece of bull...., restored to a fantasy piece. That kind trigger nothing of interest.
Im not sure if the Pantheon had been that interesting for the public/tourists, if it was looking like it was made yesterday.

The goverment has done some regarding the bunkers, and more is to follow im sure. If your interest in history is only in the period from 1939-1945 i can understand the complaints, but the goverment has interest in all of our history, and must spread the funds around. After all, its 60(almost) years since the war ended, and it have happened lots of interesting thing around in that period.
regards
stril
p.s. Nice pictures Erik, ill have to take a trip down in that area later this year.
Last edited by stril on 19 Jan 2005, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Erik E

Post by Erik E » 19 Jan 2005, 20:06

Well said Stril!!
Agree with you 100%

EE

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 08 Feb 2005, 01:15

Hello all

As promised, link to new pictures from Denmark:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kstdk6

After the storm / flod / hurricane things are a bit different at HKB Kryle in Søndervig !!!

The ones that has been there or seen pictures from the battery - will see that enormous powers has been on the loose.
The power of the sea and the flood has thrown the bunkers around and badly dammaged them, but at the same time - new things has come to sight - out of the dunes - new bunkers and a lot of remains.

The bunkers are now fully visible, and not as before filled up with sand, inside and around them the sand has gone - and now one can see a lot of details that before was hidden !!!

Regards
Kurt
kstdk.

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”