Bunkers - is there still things left?

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Karbine

Bunkers - is there still things left?

Post by Karbine » 05 Mar 2005, 00:37

I was wondering is there anything still left in bunkers? i have many pillboxes near me with broken rubble from bombs etc and i wondered if theres anything that could be found in theses etc?

i doubt it though as most of its been taken over the years but is there ANYTHING left?

[signature removed]

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 05 Mar 2005, 00:42

look here, is a long thread, but covers mostly bunkers, and what is "still... :D ) inside:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

best regards

Xavier
Instandsetzungtruppfuhrer

Karbine

Post by Karbine » 05 Mar 2005, 00:50

o thanks m8,the pillbox near me is sorta like this

but it has a hatch on top and like stairs inside but metal hook 1s

[signature removed]

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 05 Mar 2005, 12:04

Hello Karbine

You shall be aware of, that Pillboxes in England is quite different than Bunkers of the Atlanticwall.

Many of the pillboxes are of "own orign" and many of theese are buildt later than WW2 - i.e. the bunkers and pillboxes used by the RAF and The Royal Observer Corps up until 1980.

Just the type you mention with a hatch on top and a kind of latter down a shaft, could indicate such a bunker of The Royal Observer Corps. This latter leeds down to an underground bunker in which the personnel of the specific observer unit used to operate from.

More can be found here:

http://www.castlekas.freeserve.co.uk/links.htm

What is your interest in the remaining effects in bunkers ??

Collecting for personal use / profit ???

If so - you schould know that this is not allowed !!!! There is laws for protection of Battlegrounds and National laws for protection of National Heritage and Monuments.

Effects that are removed, can not be seen by the next visitors, think about that !!!

Regards
Kurt
kstdk.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 05 Mar 2005, 12:19

Karbine,

Use of signatures, especially ones with images, are not allowed here (as it makes the threads harder to follow) so please stop using it, thanks.

/Marcus

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”