Siegfriedline today?

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
Ezboard

Siegfriedline today?

Post by Ezboard » 29 Sep 2002, 14:35

Gribing
Unregistered User
(8/4/00 9:49:09 am)
Reply Siegfriedline today?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recently made a battlefieldtour around Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany. I spent two days visiting some interesting sites in the Ardennes and from there I went into Germany crossing the River Our at Dasburg. I hoped to find some remainings of the Siegfriedline and searched around the villages Sevenig, Harspelt, Lutzkampen but found nothing. So, is there anything left of the defenseline and if so, where?

Torsten Cumberland Jacobsen
Unregistered User
(8/4/00 2:53:16 pm)
Reply The Siegfried Line
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, quite a lot is left of the Siegfriedline. Especially around Aachen, many bunkers and "dragon-teeth"-belts are left. In recent years, much has been done to clean some of the bunkers, almost all of which are completely overgrown. A tourist-guide "Düstere vergangenheit" or something, has been made, which is excellent. Especially the dragonteeth-belts are impressive in some places.

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”