Wimmersperg Spz (German Assault Rifle) ?

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
Hans1906
Banned

Wimmersperg Spz (German Assault Rifle) ?

Post by Hans1906 » 31 Jul 2021, 23:14

A few days ago, I stumbled across a photo of a German weapon from late war production in the year 1945.

The "Wimmersperg Spz": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wimmersperg_Spz

I was not aware about this "assault rifle" at all, called a "Last Ditch Weapon".
A "last ditch weapon" is a term used to describe cheaply-made firearms that are produced during wartime by a country or faction that is on the brink of defeat and no longer possesses the resources or facilities used to produce higher-quality arms.
Thanks for more information from the experts here in the forum...

Hans
Attachments
SPZ.jpg
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Poot

Re: Wimmersperg Spz (German Assault Rifle) ?

Post by Poot » 01 Aug 2021, 19:49

From the source you provided:
"There is no trace of these weapons in official Nazi documents or even in some German manufacturer's archives...Currently, there is only one true-to-scale museum grade replica of the Spz-l in the world. This was digitally reconstructed by a German designer on the basis of the original construction plans and then built by him."
He who lives by the sword, should train with it frequently.

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Wimmersperg Spz (German Assault Rifle) ?

Post by Hans1906 » 02 Aug 2021, 21:08

Thanks Poot,

A short YT video about the "Wimmersperg Spz":

Wimmersperg Spz - Last Ditch German Carbine

Hans

P.S. The many rumors and speculations about this weapon, I personally can absolutely not counter, as well.
All late weapons of the "Deutscher Volkssturm" were, and are known to me, in this case I have no answer.
In all german books, this weapon was never mentioned.
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Small Arms”