The german WW2-Madsen-variation

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
CroGer

The german WW2-Madsen-variation

Post by CroGer » 07 Aug 2019 06:17

Hello,

the Madsen-MGs did heavily influence the german MG-development in the 20's. In Waffen-Revue 20 I found an interesting article about a project in occupied Denmark - unfortunately without what exactly became of it.

quote:

"After the occupation by german troops the "Dansk-Rekyl-Riffel-Syndikat A/S Madsen" in Kopenhagen was to be used for german armament. But instead of producing german weapons there, a modified version of the Madsen with belt-feeding for the Luftwaffe as ground- and FLAK-MG in the german caliber 7,92x57 (8 x 57) was made, which was given the designation Nr.206.000"

So they gave it a 100 round belt/box-magazine.
Madsen1.jpg
Madsen2.jpg
Madsen3.jpg
Madsen3.jpg
Does anybody have more info on these MGs? How many were made, where were they used, did the Danes use them after the war?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Of croatian blood. In Internet-parlance, you can call me an "autist". I love numbers.

CroGer

Re: The german WW2-Madsen-variation

Post by CroGer » 07 Aug 2019 09:24

Update

http://www.arma-dania.dk/public/timelin ... editid1=45
Madsen792LW-20110529-220259.jpg

From http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/danish-m-40-m ... o-box.aspx

A shipment of Danish M40 LMGs destined for the Hungarian Army was commandeered by the Luftwaffe and the guns found use in Defensive positions, Aircraft, Vehicles, and some were left to guard the Danish Sea Forts under occupation in WWII. This was also set up for infantry use with the MG34 bipod. We have a very limited number of 100 rd. Can Magazines complete with the correct 7.92 Links. These were ruggedly made and have their own feed system w/ spring loaded pawl.

Serial number on the one in the museum is 2114. I think 2200 is a realistic number considering that the production facility was quite small, that this MG was expensive to make and definitely not high on the priority list. Infantry-caliber-MG's as FLAK's became obsolete very quickly, and you don't want to give something like this to someone on the eastern front, because delivery of spare parts would have been a problem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Of croatian blood. In Internet-parlance, you can call me an "autist". I love numbers.

Return to “Small Arms”