Chinese MG34

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
HenryMartini

Chinese MG34

Post by HenryMartini » 18 Apr 2020, 18:31

There is a conversation about this that already exists but it is a decade old and I wanted further discussion. Does anyone have evidence that China used MG34s during the Second sino-Japanese war, WWII, or the Chinese Civil War?
Here are some of the things I have heard
-They may have been sold to China by Germany before the war. I have heard that they were on the sdkfz 222s and 221s China bought. I have looked at photos of these armoured cars and the flash hiders on most of the photos look too long for an MG34. I suspect some of them if not all were MG13s like the ones on Chinese Panzer 1s. Do any of you know if these vehicles ever had MG13s, also was there ever a longer flash hider for the MG34?
-I have heard that captured Mg34s were given to the nationalists by the western allies during WWII and in the subsequent civil war. This is on the Wikipedia article for the MG34
-I have heard that the Soviets gave Mg 34s to the communists post war to serve as anti aircraft guns. This was in the decade old Post on this website.
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=152819&start=45
-During the Vietnam war there were MG34s being used by the communist forces. A quick Google search will find you some articles, could these have come from China?

Return to “Small Arms”