My Dad's German Guns

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
Dunkirchen1940

My Dad's German Guns

Post by Dunkirchen1940 » 18 Aug 2003, 22:56

Here are my Dad's few German guns.
What do you think of them?
What are they worth?

Odessa2
Banned

Post by Odessa2 » 19 Aug 2003, 04:47

the sig saur is nice.

and the rifles are cool but those are import marks of Spain or England so it's not original anymore on the K-98.

but one of the other rifles looks like all the waffenampts are still there so one might be original and worth something.

what's with the walther ppk? i can't tell if it's War time or not, and is that Photo on the grip a war time photo? and was it found on the gun like that? that would be pretty interesting if the nazi that had the gun put that photo on grip and it has stayed like that.

i have a Sig Saur nazi police issued and a really nice P38 byf(mauser)1944 all original, but i wish i had some original holsters.

the holsters for lugers and p-38 are running over 200.00 for nice original ones now.

or is that an american g.i.'s girlfriend that american put on after capturing the gun and bringing it back?

aardvark

Post by aardvark » 19 Aug 2003, 04:50

:D Dun the K98 looks a little rough but if it has all matching numbers and has not been refinished it is worth at least $ 400.If the bore is in good shape add $ 100 to that.if the sling is a wartime one add another $75. The G 98 is also a little rough but is worth at least $ 300. If it's numbers match and the bore is in good shape add about $ 150 to that[ K98 are much more collectable]. As for the Pistols I can only guess at about $200 for the walther [PP or PPK ?] the other one is unknown to me. The holster could be worth $75 if it is WWII issue and has markings on it. Capture papers would add a good bit of value if you or your dad have them.

varjag
In memoriam

Post by varjag » 19 Aug 2003, 06:50

The Saur pistol is not a SIG-Sauer, that name is a rather recent addition. It's made by J.P. Sauer & Sohn (S & S). This is the 'old model' from 1913, that was made until about 1930 when it was changed slightly,the caliber is .32ACP (7,65mm Browning) - I estimate value $150 - 250 in that condition. The other pistol is not a Walther PP but a Mauser HSc. If it has Nazi Waffenamt, or Police markings it could be worth in excess of $1000, in that condition - without - rather less. The mother-of-pearl grips detract from the value. The caliber is probably also .32ACP - should it be of the rarer .380ACP caliber (9mm Corto) - add 50% to value.

Douglas Jr.

About the pistols...

Post by Douglas Jr. » 19 Aug 2003, 06:58

Hi,

Great guns we have. About the pistols I can say this:

- the one with the transparent grips is a Mauser HSc. This gun was released in 1939, and was one of the most modern small pistol of its era. Around 250.000 guns were made to the Wehrmacht between 1939-1945, and these guns bears the Nazi Commercial Inspection Marks (Eagle/M) on the trigger guard, barrel and slide. After the war Mauser put it back in production up to mid-70s. However your grips are not original, since those were made of wood or black plastic.

- the other pistol is a Sauer model 1913, a.k.a. Behorden Model. This gun was made between 1913 and 1930, and was mostly a commercial gun. However many of them were issued to police units and second line troops.

Probably both guns are chambered to .32 ACP (7,65mm Browning).

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Douglas.

Zapfenstreich

Post by Zapfenstreich » 22 Aug 2003, 16:37

The American gun market seems to be a bit depressed at this time. At the gun show last Sunday, several dealers had K98's for sell. Most, although almost all had the slings missing, were in at least NRA VG condition. Hardly any were going for more than $200.00 USD.

I would have bought one myself but I ended up buying a Walther P38/P1 and a Walther P22 instead.

The next gun show is only a couple of weeks away. Maybe then uless I buy the Cetme I've always wanted. Or maybe, even both. :lol:

Z

Return to “Small Arms”