Lets see those firearms !

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
ggentilini

Re: Lets see those firearms !

Post by ggentilini » 08 Jul 2013 03:20

Some great weapons posted here. I had to get rid of my k-98 a while back but I still have the Walther PP that grandpa brought back from the war.
I research military records at the NPRC. If you have an individual veteran you need researched please visit my site here: http://www.goldenarrowresearch.com

meridium

Post by meridium » 15 Aug 2013 21:15

could anyone recognize the part,which looks like a bolt? should be a German weapon as it was found in a German defence line trench,where there was no active combats,they took place about 1 km away. could be dated end 1944-February,1945.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

meridium

Post by meridium » 15 Aug 2013 22:12

does anybody know a shooting range in Europe where it's possible to shot any rifles of WW2,such as Mosin,Gewehr,Kar,MP40,PPSh,PPS,StG,etc?

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 20 Aug 2013 11:01

Well, I see that it has been 5 yrs since I last put up photos of my collection so I guess I'll give it another shot, maby I can get it finished this time???
Here are my Borgiswald - S/243 u. Erma - S/27 rifles. I have all of the Borgiswald variants and am only missing an S/27G of having all of the Ermas. Next is my G/K 43 rifles and then my MP 43/Stg 44s.
Sarge
S243, S27.JPG
43 - L.JPG
MP 43-44.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 20 Aug 2013 11:42

Here are my squad autos, lacking a ruskie. I can not afford 30K +/- for one so am going to buy one of the new made semi-auto only variants. Then 10 of my early war Walther P.38s and my Brit FAs.
Damm, it's late, I'm going to bed. More later.
Sarge
Squad autos.JPG
10 p.38s.JPG
Part 21 - Brit 1.JPG
Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”

Grzesio

Post by Grzesio » 20 Aug 2013 13:27

Amazing collection...!

Just one question - two of the G/K 43s have shorter barrels. What versions are they?

Regards

Grzesio

CRH113

Post by CRH113 » 21 Aug 2013 02:24

Here is my small collection.

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 21 Aug 2013 06:34

Grzesio wrote:Amazing collection...!
Just one question - two of the G/K 43s have shorter barrels. What versions are they?
Regards
Grzesio
They are Mountain carbines. You'll notice that both have the kick plate like a G33/40 on the butt. These are my own concoction built on bbl'd rec'vrs that had had the bbl shortened to make sporters out of them. I decided the only way to salvage them was to make "Mountain carbines" out of them. They both have solid walnut stocks, no butt trap/98k butt plates. One is mine, an all matching milled rec'vr bcd, and the other I built for a guy who never came and got it and I had just never gotten around to selling it when I took that photo.
Sarge

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 21 Aug 2013 07:18

OK, now that I have posted all my German u. brit - less a No1 MkIII, No 4 Mk 1 & a Hi Power - here is my ruskie gunz.
This is an old photo, I have since added 2 more SVT variants, another 91/30, an M38 carbine and a chicom typ 53 carbine, but no new photo yet.
The 2nd photo is my Viet Nam bring backs - 2 K98ks, 2 SKSs (1is a rare NVA), an AK 47, Browning HP, Tokerov u. a Makerov. I have war trophy papers for all but 2 of these. 1 98k which came from the vets widow and the AK which was registered in the 68 amnesty.
I'll put up the GI stuff next time.
Sarge
ruskie com block.JPG
VN Troph 1.JPG

tekenaar

Post by tekenaar » 22 Aug 2013 15:04

Sarge,
Impressive!! . . . hmmm, not a single Zf.41 (Zielfernrohr) scoped K98k in the bunch? 8O . . . and while I'm thinking about it, what exactly is the trick to removing the rear sight "ramp" assembly, you know the part directly under the spring-loaded ranging bar that determines the amount of elevation of the rear sight "V-notch" as you increase the sight target distance along the bar.

I thought it was just held in place by the notch at the rear of that ranging ramp and and spring steel pressure at the pivot point of the ranging bar at the front. I removed the pin at the pivot point with a pin punch, but the ranging bar remained held in place by something at the pivot point. As long as the ranging bar is held in place there at the front of the ramp, it can't be removed. OK, all you K98k gurus, not wanting to exert too much pressure on the ranging bar pivot, what's the trick to remove it and then remove the rear-sight ramp with the spring-steel spring in place? :?

I've looked in various rifle dis-assembly manuals without any help for the rear sight. TIA for any help with this.

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 22 Aug 2013 22:53

I'm not a sniper fan, except for the G/K 43s. I've had most of the different 98k snipers over the years to include the ZF 41, but haven't kept them. I currently have a low turret that is for sale.

As for rear sight removal on the 98k: Pin removal is only step one (1).
Now put a blunt objekt against the front of the sight bar and push down while at the same time pussing aft. Sight leaf will disengage and slide to the rear and it's out. Thre ramp piece then comes out easily.
Why are you removing the sight parts?
Sarge

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 22 Aug 2013 23:28

OK, as promised here are my US "gunz."
Since the Garand photo was taken I have added an 03A3 and Win 1917 so I took a photo of just the bolt actions. Also in the Garand photo, the incomplete rifle on the right end is a Beretta receiver that I'm building as a 7.62mm Nato rifle. Still lacking a few parts as I'm only using new condition PB marked Beretta parts.
The Carbines are 2 Winchesters - early & late, 2 inlands (M1A1s) & Nat'l Postal Meter. The knob on the end of the bottom M1A1 Carbine is a W. German blank adapter. That paratroop stock is a 60s vintage repro. I use that carbine for reenacting. The 45 in the Carbine photo is an M1911 Colt marked U.S. NAVY and built in 1913.
Sarge
US FAs.JPG
Garand.JPG
My Carbines.JPG
WW 1 - 1.jpg

Sarge

Post by Sarge » 22 Aug 2013 23:56

And of course if you're going to be shooting at things you should be able to ID your target and know for sure you want to shoot at it, Sooo - most of my binocular collection.
I'm looking for a brown bakelite 6x30 bino case and a late war prestoff case for my brown bakelite 6x30 binos.
Sarge
Binocs, most.JPG

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 23 Aug 2013 09:37

Sarge wrote:OK, as promised here are my US "gunz."
Nice collection.

Penn44

I once was told that I was vain, but I knew that vanity was a fault, so I gave it up because I have no faults.

StefanSiverud

Post by StefanSiverud » 24 Aug 2013 12:52

Great collection, must be worth a fortune! Wish I could get half of it.
Just a note: It's (Mauser) Borsigwalde, not Borgiswald.

Return to “Small Arms”