Panzerfausts Failing To Work

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
Conacher1941

Post by Conacher1941 » 24 Jan 2006 15:23

Christian Ankerstjerne wrote:Inthe instruction booklets, the soldiers were encouraged to bring back the used barrels, by receiving a reward for doing so.
What sort of reward would they be given?

M.Rausch

Post by M.Rausch » 24 Jan 2006 15:40

Could you still share your report?
Sorry, but I can only give you the designation of the document when I am at home again (and this will be already real time consuming, since I have to check about 60 different reports to find it again). I got the report among more than 1000 document pages in a source exchange with Mr. Heidler, who is author of the probably best actual book about German rifle grenades, and I have no permission for direct publication of the papers.

Since I know the documents are from the BAMA Freiburg they are also not free for publication, when not certain conditions are met. Hence I publish documents only on my own website, where I have the control that all conditions are met. But I have already much too little time to make my planned publications and anything about rifle grenades is not in planning.

What sort of reward would they be given?
That would be also interesting to me. For the shell cases of fired artillery and even MG and rifle-calibre rounds there was a standing order, that they had to be collected and sent back to the factories for reuse.

boko123

Post by boko123 » 09 Mar 2006 08:13

Ive been checkin back now and then to see if any one has ansewed the question about what reward would be given. I tried researching it it but had no luck.. so does anyone at all know what this reward was please let us know..

Steuner

Post by Steuner » 15 Mar 2006 15:59

D. Löwenhamn wrote:Could be either or. I have corresponded with a Waffen-SS veteran who mentioned factory sabotaged Panzerfäuste.

Best regards/ Daniel
Why would the factory's sabotage panzerfausts ??
Steuner

JTV

Post by JTV » 17 Mar 2006 07:32

Steuner wrote:
D. Löwenhamn wrote:Could be either or. I have corresponded with a Waffen-SS veteran who mentioned factory sabotaged Panzerfäuste.

Best regards/ Daniel
Why would the factory's sabotage panzerfausts ??
Steuner
Because they were slave labour. Check more details about factories of HASAG (Germany company that developed and manufactured Panzerfaust) and people forced working in them:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/munwai/hasag.htm

Jarkko

hagen

Re: Panzerfausts Failing To Work

Post by hagen » 21 Sep 2023 21:56

BBC Rise of the Nazis, Series 3: The Downfall / 1 Who Will Betray Him: gives details of the sabotage by the slave labour that had deliberately interrupted the manufacturing of the metal parts that would cause them to fail when being used. A captured British agent was being used in the process but had an engineering background so could ensure effective sabotage.

Return to “Small Arms”