New to Axis forum need help identifying photos

Discussions on all aspects of Imperial Germany not covered in the other sections.
shinnnany

New to Axis forum need help identifying photos

Post by shinnnany » 12 Apr 2010, 15:35

Hi,

I have a couple of photos from WWI. One is from my great grandfather Adam Weber with Feld-Zug on it. I found through ancestry.com's in the Bavarian, Germany WWI Military Records that he was assigned to 4. bayer. Infanterie-Regiment. From the stories I have heard he was stationed on the French front.

The other photo appears to be an ops room of some sort. It was in my great grandmothers things (Francizka Weber born Priefer), all that the back of the photo has is Wilhelm Priefer. Any help with either photos would be greatly appreciated.

The final question is about my grandfather. All I know about him is that he was a pilot (and flight instructor) in the Luftwaffe during WWII. He is said to have fallen in 1941 over Wien, Austria. His name was Oskar Michallik. Any information at all about him would be fantastic.

Thank you to everyone.

regards,

Erika
Attachments
Wilhelm Priefer.jpg
Wilhelm Priefer
Wilhelm Priefer.jpg (39.15 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Adam Weber.jpg
Adam Weber 4. Infanterie-Regiment
Adam Weber.jpg (77.22 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Last edited by shinnnany on 12 Apr 2010, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Re: New to Axis forum need help identifying photos

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 12 Apr 2010, 16:09

Welcome to the forum, Erika. I've moved your thread to another forum, to increase your chance of getting a reply.

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 12 Apr 2010, 17:52

shinnnany wrote:Hi,
The final question is about my grandfather. All I know about him is that he was a pilot (and flight instructor) in the Luftwaffe during WWII. He is said to have fallen in 1941 over Wien, Austria. His name was Oskar Michallik. Any information at all about him would be fantastic.
Would this be him?:

Nachname: Michallik
Vorname: Oskar
Dienstgrad: Unteroffizier
Geburtsdatum: 02.10.1913
Geburtsort: Zürich
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 31.10.1941
Todes-/Vermisstenort:

Oskar Michallik ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Frankfurt/Main-Oberrad-Waldfriedhof (Bundesrepublik Deutschland) .
Endgrablage: Block 4 Reihe 65 Grab 10

http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche/co ... error=true

shinnnany

Post by shinnnany » 12 Apr 2010, 18:01

OMG that is him!! Thank you so much, my mother will be so happy. She only knew the information I gave and that he was born in Switzerland (forgot to put that down). This is great news.

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 12 Apr 2010, 20:21

shinnnany wrote:OMG that is him!! Thank you so much, my mother will be so happy. She only knew the information I gave and that he was born in Switzerland (forgot to put that down). This is great news.
You may want to submit a "tracing request" here:
http://www.dd-wast.de/frame_e.htm

Surviving records vary depending on branch of service, and it will take some time for them to respond (about a year). But the response should include information about his service if the records still exist, so don't worry about the reference to payment unless you want copies of the documents. This will be clarified in their response.

shinnnany

Post by shinnnany » 12 Apr 2010, 22:38

Thank you Ken. I took your advice, now I'll wait hopefully I'll find something.

AnsHein

Post by AnsHein » 24 Mar 2023, 20:56

Hi,
accidentally I found your post about Oskar Michallik. I do family research, and Oskar Michallik is a member of the family of my son-in-law. I was able to trace back the ancestors of Oskar Michallik. His father Albert Oskar Fritz Michallik was born in Mulhouse (today France) and died in Mühlacker, Germany. His grandfather was born in Gliwice (today Poland), moved via Berlin to Mulhouse and died in Mulhouse shortly after the beginning of WW I. His grandmother was born in a Jewish family and was christianised in 1870 (lutheran). Her husband was catholic. I have traced back their ancestors to the 17th and 16th century, respectively. The nephew of Oskar Michallik runs a company in Germany,

Kind ragards
AnsHein

Return to “Imperial Germany”