Did Imperial Germany have any territorial ambitions in Europe before the start of WWI?

Discussions on all aspects of Imperial Germany not covered in the other sections.
Futurist

Did Imperial Germany have any territorial ambitions in Europe before the start of WWI?

Post by Futurist » 06 Mar 2016, 08:27

Did Imperial Germany have any territorial ambitions in Europe before the start of World War I?

Indeed, any thoughts on this?

Also, Yes, I am posting this question in this section in an attempt to get more people to respond to this question of mine. :) Indeed, hopefully I am not violating the rules of this forum by doing this; after all, I have previously did this at least once on this forum. :)

NoMommsen

Re: Did Imperial Germany have any territorial ambitions in Europe before the start of WWI?

Post by NoMommsen » 17 Jul 2016, 22:18

The Imperial goverment including the Kaiser had no territorial ambtitions esp. in Europe at all.
There were ... "pressure groups" like the "Alldeutsche Verein" making some not very widly spread propaganda for a unification with german Austria, the Briey/Longwy basin and for Flandern, but - as said - not very popular folks.

The famous/imfamous "September-program" proposed at the Reichstag by Bethmann-Holweg, was a very quickly patched together collection of such ... plans to offer any king of war goals, of wich there haven't been any prior to war - except reducing the military threat especially represented by Russia.

Futurist

Re: Did Imperial Germany have any territorial ambitions in Europe before the start of WWI?

Post by Futurist » 14 Sep 2020, 22:27

Interesting information; thank you very much! :)

Return to “Imperial Germany”