Uniform Identity Pre WW1 Prussian

Discussions on all aspects of Imperial Germany not covered in the other sections.
dihrke

Uniform Identity Pre WW1 Prussian

Post by dihrke » 09 Feb 2019, 20:54

Hey everyone! I am new to the page and am in need of some help! I recently have been conducting research on my great-great grandfather who came to the United States in the late 1890s. He was born in Stolp, Prussia (which is now called Słupsk in Northern Poland) and served in the Prussian Army. The only photo we have of him in uniform is this one that I have attached. I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about his uniform and what exactly it entails?? I don't see a regiment on his shoulders and from his collar it looks like he was a Prussian NCO? Is he perhaps wearing a Dunkelblau waffenrock? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1549727835775.jpg

dihrke

Re: Uniform Identity Pre WW1 Prussian

Post by dihrke » 09 Feb 2019, 21:08

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I also forgot to sign my name so I apologize for my lack of formality.

Much appreciated,
-Dean

dihrke

Re: Uniform Identity Pre WW1 Prussian

Post by dihrke » 03 Mar 2019, 23:22

It seems this thread may have been lost in the forums...Hopefully this bump will help out as I found out that he actually served around 1880-1885 in the Prussian military. I am unable to find anymore information on his unit as it turns out most Prussian military records were destroyed in Allied bombings in February 1945.

-Dean

Return to “Imperial Germany”