Exact location of the proclamation of the German Empire

Discussions on all aspects of Imperial Germany not covered in the other sections.
Moltke44

Exact location of the proclamation of the German Empire

Post by Moltke44 » 28 Oct 2019 19:37

I'm trying to locate a photo of the exact spot of the famous proclamation of the German Empire in Versailles. Of course I know it was in the palace, and in the hall of mirrors but I can't find a photo that depicts the actual location of the stage with certainty. I have found descriptions of how and what the officials constructed in the hall but that doesn't help me determine the actual spot. I'm basically trying to line up photos of the hall with some of the more famous artwork of the event, and it appears that it is at the 'end' of the hall somewhat. Thanks,

Moltke44

Re: Exact location of the proclamation of the German Empire

Post by Moltke44 » 28 Oct 2019 19:45

For what it is worth, I'm trying to match a recent/present photo of the locations of three famous Anton Von Werner depictiions of Moltke while at Versailles. I'm not certain they are truly representing actual sittings at all, but I was presuming the locations were actual rooms within the palace. In addition to the above most famous, I also was interested in identifying the rooms in his artwork 'Moltke at Versailles' (sitting) and his group photo 'Discussion of a War Strategy in Versailles' as well. Any assistance is appreciated.

Moltke44

Re: Exact location of the proclamation of the German Empire

Post by Moltke44 » 28 Oct 2019 19:47

Return to “Imperial Germany”