Nikolaus Burggraf und Graf zu Dohna-Schlodien

Discussions on all aspects of Imperial Germany not covered in the other sections.
Major Major

Nikolaus Burggraf und Graf zu Dohna-Schlodien

Post by Major Major » 20 Oct 2003, 01:44

This officer was the highly successful commander of the German raider Möwe ("Seagull") during the First World War.

What happened to him afterwards?

I know that his colleague Graf von Lückner became a topic of Lowell Thomas and lived out his life in Germany and then West Germany, dying in 1964, and his other colleague Nerger was less lucky, dying in Sachsenhausen in 1947.

Graf zu Dohna-Schlodien became a naval aide to the Kaiser after the second return of the Möwe; most of the biographies of Richthofen I have found mention they met when the Hero of the Air was presented to the Hero of the Sea, the former seeing the latter would like to be away.
But what about afterwards?

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: Nikolaus Burggraf und Graf zu Dohna-Schlodien

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 08 Jul 2019, 07:50

Well I know that Nikolaus Burggraf un Graf zu Dohna-Schlodien had lead his own Freikorps during the revolution chaos in Germany in 1918-1919 which included his crew members armed with small arms. I don't know if he served in the Kriegsmarine or not. I wished there is post WWI photo of him. He died in 1956.

Edward L. Hsiao

Return to “Imperial Germany”