Italian units in South Peloponnese, Greece 1941-43

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
nektarios

Re: Italian units in South Peloponnese, Greece 1941-43

Post by nektarios » 27 Mar 2014, 10:34

Hello everyone.

I am interested in maps showing the Italian units in the Peloponnese. I am espessialy interesred in maps depicting the Argolis, Nauplio and Asine (posted by mr Farrelly Stefan). The ancient town of Asine was occupied by the Italian army (433 Btg, Teriitoriale Mobile) but I do not know in which division it belonged. Any info would e useful in my searsh. Could anyone send me a link or even the map in high resolution if possible.

Thank you in advance for your help

Nektarios Yioutsos
Dr. Archaelogist

pinnanty

Re: Italian units in South Peloponnese, Greece 1941-43

Post by pinnanty » 02 Feb 2021, 15:41

hi dear friend,
I'm searching about the italian units in southern Peloponnese , especially in the area of Molaoi.As far as I know there was the 59th Mtn Inf Div “Cagliari” .I want more specific informations
I see that you have informations about it..

I find it very interesting what I found so far, I'm trying to reconstruct the path of my father during the Second World War. from various searches have brought me here in Peloponnesian, I have photos of my father in Tripolis, but others have indicated to me his passage in Elaia a village near Molaoi.
was part of the 63rd regiment Vercelli, later merged and then became 59th Cagliari, about the Cagliari, in the spring of 1943 was formed by:
63rd, 64th and 363rd infantry regiments, 59th field artillery regiment.
I am looking for more elements and where possible photographs of that period hoping to recognize my father.
My father PATRIZIO PINNA on September 9, '43 was taken prisoner by the Germans and deported to Germany in the concentration camp of Göritz until the end of the war.
I hope to find other important elements...
Thank you in advance.
Can you help me?

thanks

Antonio Pinna

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”