Mussolini's museum pieces

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
MVSNConsolegenerale

RE: Italian foreign policy.

Post by MVSNConsolegenerale » 26 Apr 2002, 09:37

Italy had very smart foreign policy up until 35-36, when they sided with hitler. Britain beforehand was very pro-italy, and vice versa. If he had stuck with britain, fascist italy would have lasted decades longer and germany would never have lasted against the west (not to say italy would have really helped the war effort, but they would be a great strategic launching place).

As for bush being an idiot, i think people dangerous underestimate him. He has struck a cord with the american people that hasn't been struck for a long time - clinton never did...i think bush is very intelligent on a propaganda side and you most realize that his entire image has been carefully orchastrated.

Turiddu

Post by Turiddu » 26 Apr 2002, 17:41

So, am I dangerous to whom?
If by telling so about that sort of president... perhaps I am. :D

Yes you're right never before the american people came closer to his president. He's not a dump in politics, but I meant by using such a term as 'FASCIST' to win support of those dump masses.

The only point I see in common is this:
«O con noi o contro di noi.»

"with us or against us"

And I can tell he was critized because of this world wide.

Italian foreign diplomacy has been indeed practical and efective, I guess, Britain failled to keep that situation by neglecting Italian's African Impire... until 1938 was pretty late considering the Axis.

Greetings and thanks for your comments.

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”