Predappio

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
JLEES

Predappio

Post by JLEES » 27 Aug 2017, 12:36

Hello,
In three weeks I'll be visiting Predappio. I was hoping to get some directions to Mussolini's Tomb and his Birth-house. Someone visited it a few years back and had difficulty find them. Is anyone familiar with the area?

J. Duncan

Re: Predappio

Post by J. Duncan » 27 Aug 2017, 16:41

I used google maps to find it and it looks easy to find. Type in "Mussolini Predappio Italy" and you can view his birthplace from the street view and several miles down the road going south you will see where his "crypto Mussolini" is located...in the "Cimetero Nationale" . Hope you have a nice visit. Predappio still appears to be a small town by modern standards. I'd post the pictures I saw but can't figure out how to do it. I'm sure someone who is more tech savvy will post maps for you soon.

Mollydog

Post by Mollydog » 20 Sep 2017, 07:45

you can't go wrong, the cemetery is south of the town around a kilometer or less out of the town as for Mussolini's house it's a few hundred meters from the center, on Via Varano Costa

the town

the cemetery

Mussolini's house

hope this is of help to you

JLEES

Post by JLEES » 20 Sep 2017, 23:06

Many thanks! I actually leave for Rome this Friday and will be in Predappio Monday morning on my way to San Marino. I take it Mussolini's birth house is privately owned. Would that be correct?
James

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”