Coming Soon: Comando Supremo

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
jwsleser

Coming Soon: Comando Supremo

Post by jwsleser » 30 Oct 2018, 17:14

The Comando Supremo website is coming back.

Jim reach out to me last week to discuss bringing back CS. We have been exchanging e-mails almost daily since. Jim completed the purchase today and now (again) owns Comando Supremo.

What this means.

-The format will remain quite similar to previously: articles and news on the front, with a forum for discussion.

-Jim has most (if not all) of the articles. He will repost those that meet an acceptable level of research and accuracy. He will be looking for new material to post.

-Unfortunately, the content of the forum was not saved. In discussing whether to have a forum or not, we decided to build one and see if people come. I will be running the forum for Jim. I have some material that I had copied off CSv1. The Wayback Machine has some of the material, but not nearly all. So we will be starting from scratch with the hope that former (and once again) members will offer those things they saved from CSv1 as the discussions require.

For example, the question of the organization of the Battaglioni Divisionale Armi Accompagnamento in A.S. I will take the materials I have, plus the information shared here on AHF and work it into a single lay-down of what we currently know. From there any discussion can launch.

While I appreciate what AHF has offered me during the time CSv1 was in the wilderness, it is mainly a site focused on the senior Axis partner. Having a site that is structured to support detailed discussion and research of the Italian experience in the war is something that should be of benefit to those interested in Italian history. I hope that former members will partake and new individuals take a look.

I am not abandoning AHF but my involvement will be reduced. Detailed answers and research will likely be posted on CSv2. AHF is an excellent website and source for military history and I will continue to frequent the site and help those who ask and seek help whenever needed.

More once CSv2 is up.

Pista! Jeff
Jeff Leser

Infantrymen of the Air

Sid Guttridge

Re: Coming Soon: Comando Supremo

Post by Sid Guttridge » 30 Oct 2018, 20:39

Brilliant news.

Its particular expertise was sorely missed.

Cheers,

Sid.

Tom from Cornwall

Post by Tom from Cornwall » 30 Oct 2018, 22:55

Jeff,

That's good news. All power to your electronic elbow!

Regards

Tom

nmao

Post by nmao » 31 Oct 2018, 16:14

Great news!
Thanks to everybody involved.

Regards

-Nuno

Ironmachine

Post by Ironmachine » 31 Oct 2018, 17:35

It's a pity that the content of the old forum could not be saved, but the return of Comando Supremo is good news indeed!

jwsleser

Post by jwsleser » 31 Oct 2018, 20:28

I am hoping to save some of it. Rather than try to find it all and post it, I plan to let the discussion drive any recovery. For example, when a member posts a question, I will search the old site and see if I can find any existing threads. If so, I will post that as a reply (bundling all the responses into one post, maintaining poster and date).

The Wayback Machine provides access to some of the old material. The trick is to go through the various dates when the WayBack took a copy and see if that thread is present. A bit of work, but I feel it will be worth it. With luck and over time, we might be able to recover and post a significant portion of CSv1 on CSv2.

Jim and I are reworking the organization/layout of the topics. I have offered a layout that I feel better organizes the threads to make it easier to search. We will see.

Pista! Jeff
Jeff Leser

Infantrymen of the Air

jwsleser

Post by jwsleser » 01 Nov 2018, 21:36

The forum is up and running.

Comando Supremo

I am slowly adding content from CSv1. Please take a look and consider being a member. Those who were members of Csv1, I look forward to welcoming you back to the forum.

Pista! Jeff
Jeff Leser

Infantrymen of the Air

David W

Post by David W » 01 Nov 2018, 21:38

Jeff.

That's the best news ever!!!!!!!!

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 01 Nov 2018, 22:07

Hi Jeff

Im really pleased that CS is back.
The MH community is better for it.

Best

Andy H

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 01 Nov 2018, 22:07

Hi Jeff

Im really pleased that CS is back.
The MH community is better for it.

Best

Andy H

Pips

Post by Pips » 01 Nov 2018, 23:53

This is wonderful news. Commando Supremo was an excellent site, and no doubt will be again. :)

Urmel

Post by Urmel » 03 Nov 2018, 08:36

It's a shame the forum has gone. Thanks for the PM Jeff, I will respond there.
The enemy had superiority in numbers, his tanks were more heavily armoured, they had larger calibre guns with nearly twice the effective range of ours, and their telescopes were superior. 5 RTR 19/11/41

The CRUSADER Project - The Winter Battle 1941/42

Brad Hunter

Post by Brad Hunter » 09 Nov 2018, 05:24

I'm glad to see the CS site back.

Brad

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 23 Mar 2019, 10:34

Yup, Comando Supremo is back, and with a good looking site.

Sadly, it does not seem to have recovered all the posts from the old forum, so it is taking time to reach critical mass.

Cheers,

Sid.

jwsleser

Its Here: Comando Supremo

Post by jwsleser » 23 Mar 2019, 15:59

Yes, we are working on it. I always takes time for people to rediscover the site after it has been down for a period of time. Just to remind everyone of the web address,

Comando Supremo Forum

That one takes you to the forum.

The main page has quite a few of the articles reloaded and several new ones added.

Comando Supremo

Pista! Jeff
Jeff Leser

Infantrymen of the Air

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”