radio himalaya

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
bhutta

Re: radio himalaya

Post by bhutta » 06 Jan 2013, 19:48

s3.jpg
Mohammad Iqbal Shedai addressing at function in 1947 at Cairo Egypt,,,,,Abd el-Krim Muhammad ibn Abd al-Karim al-Khattab sitting listening to him

bhutta

Post by bhutta » 25 Jan 2013, 17:34

bhutta

Post by bhutta » 01 May 2013, 13:05

Generalissimo Muhammad Iqbal Shedai,
Revolutionary Leader of Subcontinent India, With Highest Military Rank in History. He Struggle Against British Occupation Of His Homeland, In India, Central Asia, Russia, Turkey, Arab World and Europe (1913-1947).
Mussolini Established An Italian-Based Indian Corps In April 1942 and Immediately Promoted Iqbal Shedai To The Rank Of Generalissimo. The Director Of The Friends Of India Assumed Command Of The Centro Militare India (CMI).
Generalissimo Are Military Ranks Of The Highest Degree, Superior To Field Marshal And Other Five-Star Ranks. Book; Subhas Chandra Bose: A Biography
by Marshall J. Getz April 2002
Page’’’69

bhutta

Post by bhutta » 31 Oct 2013, 21:37

MOHAMMED 1QBAL SHEDAI LETTER TO THE GERMAN EMBASSY (ROME)
ROME, 21 SEPTEMBER 1941
The following lines are not being written with any ill will or a complaint against anyone. I simply inform you about my impressions I have had during my short sojourn in Berlin. I am sorry I could not meet any of the chiefs probably some people did not like that I should meet them well it is nothing. I am not an ambitious man and I have never worked for my country in the hope of any reward or honour.
I stayed there in Berlin for two weeks L. A young gentleman, Herr von Trott, met me several times and every time told me to stay in Germany instead of Italy He told me that 1…1 he will put everything at my disposal i.e. propaganda machine, to prepare a Free Indian Legion etc. I told him that before giving any reply in the affirmative, I have two conditions which the German Government should accept.
The first condition is the declaration for Indian independence signed by Germany, Italy, Japan, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania and Bulgaria.
The second condition was that my Italian friends should allow me to come to Berlin.
Before these two conditions were fulfilled it was not possible for me to accept the invitation. Herr von Trott always said that I should start the work and the conditions would be fulfilled afterwards. My compatriot Mr. Bose—now dubbed by Herr von Trott as ‘His Excellency’ Mr. Mazzotta—also pressed me to come to Berlin without any condition. I gave him the same answer. L.] On the very first day I told ‘His Excellency’ Mr. Mazzotta that it would be much better if an Italo-German-Indian committee should be made which should start the work. ‘Excellency’Mazzotta did not like the idea that Italy should join in the business. He also told me not to mention it to any of the Germans who were interested in Indian affairs. I refused to accept this `advice’. Probably it was the reason that I could not approach j Woermann and j Keppler. I being the friend of the Axis powers could not admit that any kind of bad blood should be created between two friends who were fighting for the same cause with their failure and success lies India’s future, and perhaps the future of humanity.
On the day of my departure ‘Excellency’ Mazzotta told me that I should tell my Italian friends that they should apply to join the committee. A committee is to be made in Berlin without the knowledge of Italy and she is required by ‘Excellency’ Mazzotta to apply to join it. It looks quite childish. It must be the duty of that Committee to request Italy to take part in it. I think this is the proper way to do business.
Indian Prisoners in Germany
'Excellency' Mazzotta proposed to the German Foreign Office that a Free Indian Legion should be formed which shall light side by side with German soldiers against the British. The idea was splendid. The German Government accepted it and got some 1500 Indian war prisoners to Germany from Libya. They have been put in a camp in Annaburg. I was sent to see them. I found out that they were all discontented and requested me to help them to go back to Italy where they were being treated very well. The most important question was of food. It was bad rather awful. When I told the Commander of the camp that the food question should be remanded at once he replied that it was not in his power. I impressed upon him that these soldiers were not ordinary prisoners. They were to be used for propaganda work, and therefore they must have special treatment. 1000 soldiers will not be a heavy burden on German finance. I was told by the soldiers that in the beginning while they were in Libya, they were quite willing to fight against the British but now after seeing the treatment in Germany they could not think of any such adventure.
The German military authorities did another mistake. They left the Indian officers with the soldiers. Indian officers are generally very loyal to the British Government. They are also taken from the most loyal families. The Indian officers told these soldiers that Germany wanted to occupy India. Every one of the prisoners now believes this story. They told me quite plainly that they would prefer to remain under the British than to change masters. I had to explain to them that it was quite false propaganda. Germany had not the least design to occupy India. She wanted our complete freedom. But it was very difficult to make them believe contrary to what their officers had told them.
Another silly mistake is being done. Every week or fortnightly the prisoners receive Red Cross packets from England. They believe that these packets are being sent by the British Government. I told the commanding officer that these packets should be changed. Everything German should be given to them so that they should know that it is Germany which looks after their welfare. The officer told me that it was against the law.
Another big mistake has been done by the German Foreign Office. When ‘Excellency’ Mazzotta proposed to make a Free Indian Legion they, the Foreign Office officials, ought to have asked him who was to select good men out of these Indian prisoners. He himself is quite unfit to do any such work. Firstly he is not from the province of these soldiers. He does not understand them. Secondly Mr. Mazzotta belongs to a class which has nothing in common with the soldiers. He cannot understand their needs because he is not one of them. I don’t like to dwell on these personal qualities, but still one has to take into account all things. I am of the opinion that a committee should be made which should select good men from among the Indian prisoners. This committee must have full powers to allot work to prisoners.
Now to sum the whole affair, I would like to propose the following things:
(1) An Italo-German-Japanese-Indian committee should be made for the Indian work. If Afghans and Persians will be included in it so much the better. India and Afghanistan go together and therefore there should be an Afghan member also.
(2) There should be different centers in different countries. That is to say in Berlin, Rome and Tokyo.
(3) The smaller powers too must be associated in the Oriental work. It will give international value to the movement and an answer to the Churchill-Roosevelt and Stalin declarations. Indians, Afghans and Persians will have more respect for this committee.
(4) Germany alone must not, in my opinion, conduct the whole Oriental work. Instead of some good it will be rather harmful.
(5) A declaration for the Independence of India must be signed by all the powers mentioned above.
As regards Indian prisoners I would suggest the following things:
(1) The food question must be at once arranged according to their wishes.
(2) Good and revolutionary spirited men should be selected and taken out of the whole lot.
(3) People who should work among them must be from the Punjab province
(4) Two or more radio sets must be installed in the Annaburg camp and if necessary with loudspeakers. They must hear everyday Berlin and Rome transmissions in Hindustani . It will have a splendid effect on them.
(5) Educated young men among the prisoners must be given military training as the future officers of the Free Indian Legion. They must be taught guerrilla war tactics, sabotage work etc.
(6) A committee has already been made in Berlin of some intelligent prisoners. The secretary of this committee is Sardar Gurbachan Singh and its presidents are Sardar Sant Singh and Mr. Alimullah. The joint secretary is Mr. Mohammed Jamil Khan. All these men have sworn on my hands to die for India when I shall give them orders.
As regards myself I should say that I am always ready to cooperate with Germany provided the above mentioned conditions are agreed upon. I can travel from home to Berlin to look after the prisoner’s camp in Annaburg or anywhere else. Here in Italy I have made my headquarters for different reasons and I do not wish to change it.
As regards myself I should say that I am always ready to cooperate with Germany provided the above mentioned conditions are agreed upon I…] I can travel from home to Berlin to look after the prisoner’s camp in Annaburg or anywhere else. Here in Italy I have made my headquarters for different reasons and I do not wish to change it.
I must also inform my German friends that I cannot and shall not work as an agent of anybody. I have not the least ambition to achieve this. As regards my personal comfort Count Giallo and the Italian Foreign Office are doing their best to look after it. They have never asked me to do anything for Italy. When I was expelled from all countries they invited me to stay in Italy as their guest without putting any condition to me. It is myself who asked some work and I selected to work on the secret radio. They agreed and allowed me full freedom in my work. Actually my work has been most useful for the Axis Powers and India. The German Government too has got proof. I am loyal to my friends and nothing can persuade me to give up that loyalty. I am sure my German friends will appreciate my attitude and intentions. I must also inform my German friends that I am not the least jealous of my compatriot ‘Excellency’ Mazzotta. He can be made anything in Germany if the German Government thinks it proper. I am not also complaining against anyone that I was not allowed to meet any of the chiefs of the German Foreign Office. With my best and sincerest salutations I finish these lines.
Shedai.
REF; BOOK, Bose in Nazi Germany BY Romain Hayes

bhutta

Post by bhutta » 31 Oct 2013, 21:41

Professor Muhammad Iqbal Shedai and Professor Carlo Arthor Enderle

Iqbal shedai and Enderle are very close associate since 1923 and working for Islamic world and Italian government against British Empire colonial rule in Islamic countries and India.

Prof. Carlo Arturo Enderle (Ali Ibn Giafar)was born in Rome in 1892 by Romanian parents and Muslims. Lecturer in psychiatry at the Royal University of Rome, consultant neurologist dell’ONB, former chief medical officer, “was one of the most effective contacts Italian intelligence who worked with representatives of Arab nationalism and the Islamic world” . Government reports fascist nationalists Syro-Palestinian Shekib Arslan and Ihsan al-Giabri, with the Secretary General of the Pan-Islamic Congress Sayyid Ziya ed-Din Tabatabai and with the Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Hussaynî had been treated initially by prof. Enderle and his close associate, the Indian Muslim Iqbal Shedai.

Enderle and his close associate, the Indian Muslim Iqbal Shedai . The positions taken filoislamiche of Fascist intellectuals were largely countered by Muslim.

A psychiatrist and former medical officer in Italian, of Romanian origin , Professor Carlo Arturo Enderle (known in Muslim circles as Ali bin Iàfar) and an Indian nationalist Muslim bound to him, Iqbal Shedai .

al-Hussaynì (Mufti-a-Azam) had been treated initially by prof. Enderle and his close associate, the Indian Muslim Iqbal Shedai .

known among the Muslims such as Ali ibn Iafar, and the Indian nationalists, of Muslim origin, Mohammed Iqbal Shedai, who became in 1933 co-worker at the Enderle. Mussolini had asked, in the early months of 1933,

The person of trust was Charles Enderle, “close friend of an authoritative character

Indian-Muslim who already have begun to play a sull’Emiro Arslan

selfless action in favor of Italy , in all likelihood Shedai Iqbal, nationalist

Indian who had known Enderle in 1923, to Roma. On March 30, Aloisi gave instructions

Enderle because he went to Switzerland, and take contact with the “leader of the Druze”

The term ” Islamic politics ” is to be preferred , because it was not about

only the Arab countries , but it was also involved in several Muslim nationalists

other countries, such as India Iqbal Shedai . The declarations of friendship with Mussolini were

appeal , preferably , to the Islamic world as a whole, rather than to the Arab world . It is

significant that the instructions for the propaganda against Muslims were not

rarely also sent to Tehran and Kabul , for which the center of gravity of Fascist was

file of the Cabinet of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that contains some of the most important documents on the fascist political in Arab countries clearly shifted to Asia . It avoided instead of referring to the Arab world , or Pan-Arabism , a less neutral concept of pan-Islamism , because it implied the inclusion of Arab countries of North Africa in a future independent political entity , and contrasted with the objectives Mediterranean Italy.

The religious reference to Islam was considered less dangerous than ethno-cultural Arabs. The Arabism appeared more similar to European nationalism , based on the concepts of race, culture and nation, and less willing to tolerate a foreign influence , even indirectly, on its territory. Generally , the Pan-Islamism was more conservative in terms of politics and religion, and for this

seemed more inclined to accept compromises with the European powers, exchange for maintaining the existing social order , and the protection of the traditional role of religion.

Fascism adopted the different points of view , if not opposed , in respect Islam in Africa compared to the Levant : the propaganda to the Arab territories under the influence Franco-British , religion was exalted for his political office , for its function bulwark against atheistic communism , and to be compatible and even akin to the ideology fascista.

In the colony, however, ” there was a tendency to impose - as they had done all the colonialism the rest - a vision of religion marked by the dichotomy between the political realm and that religious. Libya and East Africa Italians ruled , and the Muslims , under the their benevolent protection , praying.

Mussolini had to choose whether to finally break through the inertia, arguing in a

strong Arab aspirations and openly defying the United Kingdom, or groped a

rapprochement with the latter, abandoning the Palestinian uprising to his fate. the 18

July 1937 Professor Charles Enderle, who acted as intermediary with the Nationalists siropalestinesi, wrote to Cyan, pushing the first solution. At a meeting in Vienna, the

trustee of the Mufti, Musa Alami, had described the political situation in the Middle East

as particularly tense, a strong hostility had spread to France, to Turkey, which

had embarked on a policy of expansion at the expense of Arab territories, and especially to the

Great Britain and its policy in Palestine. In consequence of this situation, and thanks to the

Islamic politics and travel fascist Mussolini in Libya, the Italian prestige was instead to

the highest level at which a foreign power could ever aspire to. Always according Alami,

politicians and the Arab rulers of the region, Arabia, Syria, Iraq

and Palestine, were therefore willing to “abandon definitively the line

restraint so far maintained, “that is to consume a final break with Britain, for

start a “new politics of friendship with Italy, to be carried in a clear, open and

not susceptible to the minimum misunderstanding…..

ref;;;;;

University of Cagliari

DOCTORATE IN HISTORY, INSTITUTIONS AND REPORTS, INTERNATIONAL ASIA AND AFRICA

MODERN AND CONTEMPORARY, XXIV cycle

THESIS POLICY AND ISLAMIC FASCIST PROPAGANDA

IN SYRIA AND LEBANON (1932 – 1940)

Fascism and Islam - Page 15i Henry Galoppini – 2001

Mussolini and the sword of Islam
January 1, 2000 (20:10) | Author: Claudio Mutti

Fascism and the East: Arabs, Jews and Indians in the policy … - Page 30
Renzo De Felice - 1988 -

To the east of Rome and Berlin: European and Asian fighting for … - Page 79
Claudio Mutti - 2003 -

Rejoice and suffer in silence: the history of the Italian secret services … - Page 206

Andrea Vento - 2010 -

Naveed

Post by Naveed » 12 Sep 2023, 06:42

I just found an interesting homecoming ot revolutionary of subcontinent Dr Iqbal Shedai and I am very impressed how he perceive and realized things special، what I impressed of Caro's in his speech he threaten all Colonial powers in the world who was suppressing or killing the Muslims. he was coming back offer 27 years but he words .
Meet The Revolutionary
https://fruit-chat.com/history/iqbal-sh ... me-coming/.

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”