The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Discussions on all aspects of Italy under Fascism from the March on Rome to the end of the war.
User avatar
Oasis
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 17:42
Location: Central Italy

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by Oasis » 18 Jul 2011 08:11

Alien 61 wrote:Ok. Which is the name of the Fascist organizzation directly involved in the murder of Giacomo Matteotti?


Ceka ??

Alien 61
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: 13 Feb 2011 20:48

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by Alien 61 » 18 Jul 2011 11:23

Right! It's your round now.

Regards,
Andrea

User avatar
Oasis
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 17:42
Location: Central Italy

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by Oasis » 11 Dec 2011 22:12

The name of the "federale" of Bologna killed in 1944 by three partisans of local G.A.P.

arturolorioli
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 16:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by arturolorioli » 12 Dec 2011 12:20

Oasis wrote:The name of the "federale" of Bologna killed in 1944 by three partisans of local G.A.P.


For our english-speaking friends, that are maybe less conversant with Italian teminologies, a "Federale" was the chief of the local Fascist Party Federation (i.e. the local branch of the party). The GAP (Gruppi Azione Patriottica = Patriotic Action Groups) were the partisans' "urban warfare" squads, that were active in targeting prominente fascist leaders for assassination.

And - I hope Oasis will not mind of my intusion in his quiz ;-) - extra points for the names of the "federali" of Milano, Forlì, Ferara and Genova, murdered in similar circumstances (OK, the victims of Milano and Genova were actually Commissioners of the local federation, but it was much the same thing).
Aighe-va

Arturo Filippo Lorioli
Via Cipro 47
00136 Roma (Italy)

User avatar
Oasis
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 17:42
Location: Central Italy

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by Oasis » 12 Dec 2011 16:30

arturolorioli wrote:
Oasis wrote:The name of the "federale" of Bologna killed in 1944 by three partisans of local G.A.P.


For our english-speaking friends, that are maybe less conversant with Italian teminologies, a "Federale" was the chief of the local Fascist Party Federation (i.e. the local branch of the party). The GAP (Gruppi Azione Patriottica = Patriotic Action Groups) were the partisans' "urban warfare" squads, that were active in targeting prominente fascist leaders for assassination.

And - I hope Oasis will not mind of my intusion in his quiz ;-) - extra points for the names of the "federali" of Milano, Forlì, Ferara and Genova, murdered in similar circumstances (OK, the victims of Milano and Genova were actually Commissioners of the local federation, but it was much the same thing).


never mind ok for the extra points... thanks for the support to my bad english... :wink:

arturolorioli
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 16:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by arturolorioli » 01 Feb 2012 13:35

Oasis wrote:The name of the "federale" of Bologna killed in 1944 by three partisans of local G.A.P.


I hope again Oasis will not mind my intrusion, but after almost two months it looks like this quiz is ... a bit too difficult! (or the forum-members are a bit too shy :wink: ). So I'll give an answer myself.

The RSI Federali murdered by the GAPs were :
Eugenio Franchini (Bologna)
Iginio Gisellini (Ferrara)
Aldo Resega (Milano)
Antonio Capanni (Forlì)
Silvio Parodi (Genova)

Time now for a new question. Oasis?
Aighe-va

Arturo Filippo Lorioli
Via Cipro 47
00136 Roma (Italy)

User avatar
Oasis
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 17:42
Location: Central Italy

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by Oasis » 01 Feb 2012 16:54

OK Arturo... Aighe-va
being the site of Italy/fascism I expected it wasn't a difficult question...

it'your turn now

arturolorioli
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 16:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by arturolorioli » 02 Feb 2012 12:01

Let's try (and it's an easy one, just a quick Internet search will do ;-) )

On September/October 1944 the pro-allies Kingdom of Italy formed three "Divisioni Sicurezza Interna" (Internal Security Divisions) for garrison duties.

Could anybody provide the names? Extra honours for the exact activation dates and the name of the original units the Sicurezza Interna divisions were drawn from.
Aighe-va

Arturo Filippo Lorioli
Via Cipro 47
00136 Roma (Italy)

P.108
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: 17 Jul 2010 11:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by P.108 » 02 Feb 2012 17:53

arturolorioli wrote:Let's try (and it's an easy one, just a quick Internet search will do ;-) )

On September/October 1944 the pro-allies Kingdom of Italy formed three "Divisioni Sicurezza Interna" (Internal Security Divisions) for garrison duties.

Could anybody provide the names? Extra honours for the exact activation dates and the name of the original units the Sicurezza Interna divisions were drawn from.


Calabria created from the division Calabria
Aosta created principally from the division Bari
Sabauda created from the division Sabauda

arturolorioli
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 16:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by arturolorioli » 02 Feb 2012 22:51

P.108 wrote:
Calabria created from the division Calabria
Aosta created principally from the division Bari
Sabauda created from the division Sabauda


2 of 3. Try again :)
Aighe-va

Arturo Filippo Lorioli
Via Cipro 47
00136 Roma (Italy)

P.108
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: 17 Jul 2010 11:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by P.108 » 03 Feb 2012 10:17

arturolorioli wrote:
P.108 wrote:
Calabria created from the division Calabria
Aosta created principally from the division Bari
Sabauda created from the division Sabauda


2 of 3. Try again :)


The Sabauda division changed the name in division Reggio after the referendum Monarchy-Republic in 1946 (the name was too monarchical so took the name of the regiments), sometimes in some sources, in order to simplify, is indicated as Reggio already in 1944. Was this the problem?

arturolorioli
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 16:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by arturolorioli » 03 Feb 2012 12:59

P.108 wrote: The Sabauda division changed the name in division Reggio after the referendum Monarchy-Republic in 1946 (the name was too monarchical so took the name of the regiments), sometimes in some sources, in order to simplify, is indicated as Reggio already in 1944. Was this the problem?


Not, you did correctly indicated the names of the SI divisions and the names of the "original" divisions ... only the dates are missing. Two out of three ... ;-)
Aighe-va

Arturo Filippo Lorioli
Via Cipro 47
00136 Roma (Italy)

P.108
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: 17 Jul 2010 11:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by P.108 » 03 Feb 2012 17:20

arturolorioli wrote:Not, you did correctly indicated the names of the SI divisions and the names of the "original" divisions ... only the dates are missing. Two out of three ... ;-)


:P
Sabauda October 1, 1944
Calabria September 25, 1944
Aosta September 20, 1944

arturolorioli
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 16:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by arturolorioli » 04 Feb 2012 03:31

P.108 wrote: Sabauda October 1, 1944
Calabria September 25, 1944
Aosta September 20, 1944


Great. You are crowned Class One Super Expert on the Sicurezza Interna Divisions. Unlikely that this exalted title will be of any use for you, but who knows :lol:

By the way, AFAIK on Sept 20th 1944 were formed the III and IV Brigata Sicurezza Interna, that were grouped as the Divisione Sicurezza Interna "Aosta" only a few days later (Oct.14th 1944). But I can be wrong, and anyway that's just trifle.

Your turn to ask ...
Aighe-va

Arturo Filippo Lorioli
Via Cipro 47
00136 Roma (Italy)

P.108
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: 17 Jul 2010 11:24

Re: The official AHF Italy under Fascism quiz thread

Post by P.108 » 04 Feb 2012 12:47

The names of the 2 assault swimmers trained to attack the Tripoli harbour in 1943.

Return to “Italy under Fascism 1922-1945”