Worldwide Map of Nazi Germany

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
superbad88

Worldwide Map of Nazi Germany

Post by superbad88 » 28 Apr 2017, 22:37

Hello all,
I was at a museum not too long ago and came across an interesting map. It was a Nazi-era map of the world. It had the worldwide ethnic German population among other things. It also had certain points of strategic importance marked across the entire globe. It included things such as widely used shipping lanes, cities with large populations, and islands that could provide a stepping stone to certain continents. I have yet to be able to find it on the internet and was curious if anyone else had come across one that was similar to what I described. Thanks much

Mike

jesk
Banned

Re: Worldwide Map of Nazi Germany

Post by jesk » 22 Sep 2017, 07:20

Ethnic Germans predominate in most states

histan

Post by histan » 23 Sep 2017, 21:50

These maps are not 1930s and 1940s vintage maps, the are based on 21st century census data - would be nice to have one based on 1930s and 1940s census data.

Regards

John

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 24 Sep 2017, 00:45

I have a 1933 (I think school) atlas with
the same sort of info. There are
some similar period maps on this
site: https://www.edmaps.com/html/germany.html

w

henryk

Post by henryk » 24 Sep 2017, 22:23

Distribution of Foreign Born in USA : Interactive Map

Post by henryk » February 1st, 2011, 3:12 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009 ... er.html?hp
The site above opens to a map of the USA, showing the distribution of immigrants in 2000, colour coded for percentage in a county, and by group of countries and Canada. Not surprisingly the red for Latin America predominates. On the north the green for Canada predominates. All data are from the US censuses. When a pointer is placed at a location on the map, there appears the total for foreign born, and total population for the county at that place. Moving the time pointer at the top changes the presentation to the selected time.
To change the presentation to number of residents, select the box at the top right. If the name of a country is selected in the top left box, the map presents the information for immigrants from that country.
Zoom and bubble size are also selectable.
You select any census year back to 1880.

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”