German Medics

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

medics

Post by Christoph Awender » 27 Dec 2002, 21:19

Sorry if you felt that I "jumped on your head".
But my oppinion is that a post should be based on research and experience. You did not put yourself under a good light as you posted totally wrong informations about tank strengths with the ending *god I am genious* or something.
You must consider that people asking questions here forward the information they get here. They use it in their websites, books, games. Other people take over this information and so an error spreads out.
Everyone can make mistakes but at least he should admit that he made one in the end.

I am researching the Wehrmacht for many years now and did a lot of research about the medical system. A small part of it is on my site.
You find also some fotos on my site but respect the copyright.

Christoph

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 01 Jan 2003, 15:29

Here is another photo you might find interesting:
Attachments
German Photo Album - Holland 3.jpg
German Photo Album - Holland 3.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 903 times

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

foto

Post by Christoph Awender » 01 Jan 2003, 18:04

Marcus thats a really nice foto!

Christoph

Pr0skillz

Re: German Medics

Post by Pr0skillz » 06 Feb 2020, 19:04

German medics normally wore the armband, and very rarely a red cross on their helmet. the only photos of german medics with the vest is POW picture of them, most of the time in the battle of the bulge, leading me to believe they were issued by the americans. in 1941 the medics were ordered to remove the red cross insignia from their helmets, which the medics painted on by themselves (therefore there are many patterns), due to the invasion of the USSR. Medics were issued a pistol for defense of themselves and the wounded. Mercy killing seems very unlikely, but i don't know much about that. Medics would most likely not wear a ton of insignia on them, especially on the Ost front (Eastern Front) as the russians shot medics. All sides shot at medics (yes, including the Americans, Brits, and other countries) normally by accident, but sometimes because they still considered medics as combatants. The front line medics normally just had an armband, never a vest or a helmet with a cross on it (Some exceptions are there).

Thank you,

Pr0skillz.

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”