German military observers in the Pacific

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
Gott

German military observers in the Pacific

Post by Gott » 31 Dec 2002, 10:32

Is there any good info regarding German observers in the Pacific with the Japanese? How many did they have? Casualties? Please give out as much info as you could.

JLEES

German Observers in Japan

Post by JLEES » 01 Jan 2003, 00:30

Hello,
I was just in Munich last month. I stayed in a hotel by the main train station. There is no better place in the world then the Hofbrauhaus. Meanwhile, I have a Japanese Army military maneuvers photo-card that depicts foreign observers during one of their exercises. In the photograph there are several Germans, Poles, Soviets, French, Americans, British and Japanese officers in a group setting. They are all together in front of the Imperial Army HQ during the late thirties. If you like I can scan the image tomorrow and post it for you.
James

Gott

Re: German Observers in Japan

Post by Gott » 01 Jan 2003, 13:55

JLEES wrote:Hello,
I was just in Munich last month. I stayed in a hotel by the main train station. There is no better place in the world then the Hofbrauhaus. Meanwhile, I have a Japanese Army military maneuvers photo-card that depicts foreign observers during one of their exercises. In the photograph there are several Germans, Poles, Soviets, French, Americans, British and Japanese officers in a group setting. They are all together in front of the Imperial Army HQ during the late thirties. If you like I can scan the image tomorrow and post it for you.
James
Please do so, I would really appreciate it.

JLEES

1936 Grand Military Maneuvers Postcard

Post by JLEES » 17 Jan 2003, 00:17

Gott,
I'm very sorry for taking so long. I forgot about getting you this image. But here it is. You can see there are a large number of officers in the photograph from other country there to observe the event.
James
Attachments
Forum1.jpg
Forum1.jpg (178.91 KiB) Viewed 725 times

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”