Composition of Flak/Maschinegewehr Kompanie in 1939?

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
KG Erwin

Composition of Flak/Maschinegewehr Kompanie in 1939?

Post by KG Erwin » 07 May 2003, 02:00

Christoph, I brought up my admiration for your site in listing various KStN in another thread. This information has proved invaluable in my desire to reflect accurate German formations in my favorite tactical wargame, Steel Panthers:World at War. Now, is the info for the above unit in the pipeline for inclusion on your site? Specifically, these are 20mm Flak guns, but what else was in that unit? Are these truck-transported or the self-propelled SdKfz 10/4s?

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

KStN

Post by Christoph Awender » 07 May 2003, 02:27

Hello!

At the moment there is a pile of about 100 microfiché KStN printouts on my table which I plan to add in the next weeks but it is not including the Heeresflakartillerie KStN you mean.
There were several versions of a 2cm Flak unit. Selfpropelled, motorized etc...
But it is no problem if you tell me what you are looking for exactly to print them and add them earlier.

\Christoph

KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin » 07 May 2003, 05:00

Christoph, I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but this is all part of my wish to add a complete OOB for Panzer Division Kempf in Sept 39 on your website, including commanders wherever possible. This was a unique division, it that it included Heer and SS units, the first and only time it happened during the war, and I feel it deserves further study. Leo Niehorster's site is now closed down, but I have the OOB chart for this provisional division, which includes the 2 Kp of SSVT Flak/MG Abt. This is the only unit that is non-specific in the breakdown of weapons, other than they are motorized 20mm Flak. I also wish to add the composition of other units attached to this ad-hoc unit, such as the 7th Panzer Regiment. I have no information at present on who commanded the component units of 7 Pz Rgt on Sept 1, 1939.

KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin » 10 May 2003, 05:39

Christoph, looking forward to the postings of the KStN additions to your site. As a general comment on this, I would think most of us would be more interested in composition of combat units. The Signals units, band members and all that --that could wait till later, couldn't it? I don't know, I could be wrong--someone could be hanging on a thread waiting to see what instruments were included in the Musikzug's TOE. :)

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

KStN

Post by Christoph Awender » 10 May 2003, 06:34

In the last weeks I just added combat units to the KStN section. The HQ of a Panzerregiment is also a combat unit... and it had sometimes a Musikzug attached. I didn´t post just a Musikzug.
The browsing of the microfiché is very time consuming and I want to have a bit of a system not to get lost. That is why I print them nearly in numerical order. Just to pick out some units someone might find interesting would cause chaos!
I don´t know if I find a Fla-M.G.Kompanie but I have a look through the microfiché with the KStN index next week when I am at the reader/printer.
I try to satisfy my visitors but at the end I am doing this for my historical education as I learn every day my site grows.

So it is no problem to find some KStN you need very urgent but generally you have to be satisfied with the way they are coming. :)

\Christoph

KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin » 10 May 2003, 08:05

Christoph, I can see right now that my American sense of humor is sometimes misunderstood, as regards the Musikzuge. I'm sorry, but I was making a joke. I sometimes forget that this is an international forum. However, we all appreciate your efforts in posting these newly aquired KStNs, so post them as they are convenient to you. I may have to start practicing my rudimentary German again. 8O Isn't English the universal language? In any case, this forum is way too serious. Some humor I hope should be welcome. With topics like these, a sense of humor should be essential.
Last edited by KG Erwin on 10 May 2003, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

sorry

Post by Christoph Awender » 10 May 2003, 08:15

Oops.. yes sometimes this is surely a point that it is not my mother language. :oops:

have a nice day,
Christoph

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

commander

Post by Christoph Awender » 10 May 2003, 18:51

Hello again Erwin!

Sorry have overread your request for the commanders of Pz.Rgt.7 in Poland.
The Rgts.Kommandeur was Oberst Franz Landgraf
The commander of II./P.R.7 was Oberstlt.Martin Schmidt
For the commander of the I.Abt. I still have to look.
If you need more details about these officers let me know.

\Christoph

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”