How many companies did OT contract in the construction of the Wehrwolf? What were their roles?

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
PolishHistorian1110

How many companies did OT contract in the construction of the Wehrwolf? What were their roles?

Post by PolishHistorian1110 » 11 Feb 2017, 18:41

I have read excerpts from a US Historian's account of the Holocaust in Ukraine that said due to orders from higher ranks for Einsatzgruppen and other German forces to rid the area of jews, there wasnt much of a remaining work force - so OT rounded up local Ukrainians, Poles, and other refugees as their labor force for Wehrwolf.

I was told by a Ukrainian that six or seven companies were involved. Is that accurate? What companies took part in labor, and what were their roles? Which OT officers oversaw construction?

Lastly, what was the timeline for Wehrwolf as the Red Army advanced?

Martinski

Re: How many companies did OT contract in the construction of the Wehrwolf? What were their roles?

Post by Martinski » 12 Feb 2017, 00:21

Hello!

I study this subject from 2011 on a fulltime base for my book and own tons of information due to my intense research. Until today I have 25 contracted companies on my list. The Russians missed a lot of company names and came on to this day only with six company names which they retraced in the translated (German into Russian - the bulk of the translatios even in handwriting from 1947 - 1949!) archives. I also own this complete archive (= ALL German docs + the NKVD / KGB translation copies and notes).

I found back the relatives (now living in the UK) from one of the main contracted companies by O.T. I took these people to a guided visit FHQu "Wehrwolf" onsite in Summer 2016. They gave me their family album and copies of all documents in their possession. There will be a separate chapter dedicated to their ancesters in my book.

My book is nearly ready, will be on the market in 2017. There will be a day-to-day timeline which is VERY precise and the fruit of my continuous research. Please do a search in this Forum using "Wehrwolf"; it will give you already some answers.

Kind regards. Martin

Martinski

Re: How many companies did OT contract in the construction of the Wehrwolf? What were their roles?

Post by Martinski » 12 Feb 2017, 00:27

Sorry - forgot to mention:
1. A detailed list of these companies (incl. their addresses, directors etc.) will be in the book. Some of them even still exist today...
2. Also a list of all involved units, their commanders, personnel and Feldpostnummer will be included...
3. I own a huge collection of original and archival photo documents. Today more than 1.000 items.

Martin

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”