Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
dpast32

Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Post by dpast32 » 31 Jan 2019, 23:08

Hello again Gents,
Here's a relatively easy question for all our German unit scholars. What does the following abbreviations indicate; >> H.V.Pl. d. Sankp. 2/387 <<. Now I believe that H.V.Pl. = an Army (Heer) Main Dressing Station / Main Aid Station. d.Sankp. = Of Medical Company, & What does the 2/387 indicate ? I have an idea, but it been so long since I've delved into German unit designations, I thought that it would be best if I asked for help ? THANKS Guys,

Best, dpast32

Richard Anderson

Re: Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Post by Richard Anderson » 31 Jan 2019, 23:41

dpast32 wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 23:08
Hello again Gents, Here's a relatively easy question for all our German unit scholars. What does the following abbreviations indicate; >> H.V.Pl. d.Sankp. 2/387 <<. Now I believe that H.V.Pl. = an Army (Heer) Main Dressing Station / Main Aid Station. d.Sankp. = Of Medical Company, & What does the 2/387 indicate ? I have an idea, but it been so long since I've delved into German unit designations, I thought that it would be best if I asked for help ? THANKS Guys,

Best, dpast32
Scroll down http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... ten387.htm

It is the 2. Kompanie of Feldlazarette/Sanitäts-Abteilung 387 of 387. Inf.-Div. The division was formed in February 1942 as a 18. Welle division at Truppenübungsplatz Döllersheim. The division was destroyed on the Ostfront in 1944 and disbanded on 13 March 1944.
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

American Thunder: U.S. Army Tank Design, Development, and Doctrine in World War II
Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall
Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

dpast32

Re: Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Post by dpast32 » 17 Mar 2022, 14:32

Somehow, someway, I unfortunately must have missed this particular reply to my previous Query. I have to say I deeply apologize to Mr. Richard Anderson who so kindly replied, & provided the information I was seeking. Therefore, Richard, here's an much belated THANK YOU to your very kind reply !!

Best regards, Dom Pastore Jr.

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”