‘VALKYRIE’ MOVIE FILMING LOCATIONS IN BERLIN

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
Maksym Chornyi

Post by Maksym Chornyi » 23 Jul 2022, 13:55

Back in 2019, I was privileged enough to spend two days in Berlin and examine dozens of WWII-related locations. BENDLERBLOCK is not the only famous historical site related to the ‘VALKYRIE’ movie with Tom Cruise. In this detailed 12 000-word historical research I would lead you across all major filming locations in Berlin, scene by scene with a historical background. I put together around 40 books about the German Resistance, July 20, 1944, plot, and every known biography of Claus von Stauffenberg to examine the historical accuracy of this film and the real history of each authentic location, and behind-the-scenes stories. You would also find detailed scene-by-scene research with 50+ archival photos, some of them never published before, as well as my 2019 photos from the sites for comparison.

As always, I would wholeheartedly appreciate your feedback on the article. Please, ask questions, suggest corrections, and tell your own stories related to the ‘Valkyrie’ movie or Berlin.

https://war-documentary.info/where-valk ... in-berlin/

Hans1906
Banned

Re: ‘VALKYRIE’ MOVIE FILMING LOCATIONS IN BERLIN

Post by Hans1906 » 23 Jul 2022, 14:14

Hi Maksym Chornyi,

As always, very interesting work from you, you have my respect!

If your remarks have already been broadcast on a Western TV station, they would be worth it, because there is a lot of work behind it, thank you very much and good luck with your work!

Exceptionally good! :thumbsup:

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Maksym Chornyi

Post by Maksym Chornyi » 10 Sep 2022, 13:13

Hans1906 wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 14:14
Hi Maksym Chornyi,

As always, very interesting work from you, you have my respect!

If your remarks have already been broadcast on a Western TV station, they would be worth it, because there is a lot of work behind it, thank you very much and good luck with your work!

Exceptionally good! :thumbsup:

Hans
Thank you for your words of encouragement. It is always important for me to get feedback: it fuels me with enthusiasm to keep working, though at the moment I have no options to travel, while we fight here for our freedom in Ukraine.

It is interesting that you were kind to mention such an option. A few years ago I offered my experience to history printed outlets, and Western documentary channels for some cooperation (without financial ambitions), but got no reply. Maybe, it is not my time yet for this. I would keep working.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 10 Sep 2022, 14:03

Hi Maksym,

you are very welcome, you should definitely offer your historical "time travel(s)" to european television stations, for example.

These could be wonderfully integrated into historical documentaries, maybe one could even build a small series out of them...

Comparable images can be found in many documentations, but not in your quality.
I wish you continued success in your important work, in the near future your works will be greatly appreciated, I wish that to you, and especially to your home country, the Ukraine!

Hans
P.S. Personally, I find it embarrassing to say the least, how little response there is to your posts, but I guess that's a sign of the times.
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

WEIDINGER1945

Post by WEIDINGER1945 » 17 Dec 2022, 22:14

Great job putting this together. I visited the Bendlerblock in 1980 and was allowed access to the offices of Beck, Fromm and Stauffenburg as well as the courtyard.
I really enjoyed your post.
Thanks,

Dave

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”