Veterans of WWII

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
snafu947

Veterans of WWII

Post by snafu947 » 22 Mar 2002, 23:24

I know this is a topic that has be approached several times, but I have had some luck on other forums, so I thought I'd try here.

I am a WWII Living Historian (like a Civil War reenactor, we dress up in uniforms and equipment {all original in my groups case} and present displays as accurately as we can in this day to the public). I started contacting veterans of WWII in 1987, collecting their stories to be "recycled" back into our displays. Now, I do a GI impression, but I've always tried to include the other side as well.

I would like to invite any veterans who read this, or anyone who has contact information of veterans who read this, to drop me a line at [email protected]

I have a list of questions regarding the veteran's time in the service. I realize there have always been crackpots out there that send hatemail, etc, so ANY questions you might have, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time, and I do hope to hear from many of you soon.

Wm.T. Ripley

Lady From Hell

Re: Veterans of WWII

Post by Lady From Hell » 23 Mar 2002, 04:09

snafu947 wrote:I know this is a topic that has be approached several times, but I have had some luck on other forums, so I thought I'd try here.

I am a WWII Living Historian (like a Civil War reenactor, we dress up in uniforms and equipment {all original in my groups case} and present displays as accurately as we can in this day to the public). I started contacting veterans of WWII in 1987, collecting their stories to be "recycled" back into our displays. Now, I do a GI impression, but I've always tried to include the other side as well.

I would like to invite any veterans who read this, or anyone who has contact information of veterans who read this, to drop me a line at [email protected]

I have a list of questions regarding the veteran's time in the service. I realize there have always been crackpots out there that send hatemail, etc, so ANY questions you might have, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time, and I do hope to hear from many of you soon.

Wm.T. Ripley
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re:The Above. :lol:

I am a World War Two Canadian Army Vetertan. Who fought in many battles in this war & others as well what is it that i can do to help you with my past & present experiecne of war in its worst form :wink:

You can Contact me through this system only you can send me your Questions by diret mail on this site or if you like publicly. as you wish : :wink:

Lady From Hell 8)

pdhinkle36ID

WW II veterans stories

Post by pdhinkle36ID » 25 Mar 2002, 02:42

I have posted my military history on the old forum, since it is not available any longer I am going to wait. I may create a web page and provide the URL for it.

snafu947

veterans

Post by snafu947 » 28 Mar 2002, 18:59

To ladyfromhell and pdhinkle,
Thank you both for replying. Sorry for my not getting back with you sooner.

I have a long list of questions, but I will just start with a few.

Name, rank, unit.

Could you please describe the uniform and equipment you sore and used WHILE IN THE FIELD.

What sort of personal items (toiletries, letters, photos, etc) did you carry, and where (pockets, pack, helmet)?

What, if any, insignia (rank, unit) could be found on uniforms
WHILE IN THE FIELD?

This will do for now. Thank you both for replying, and I will look forward to hearing from you.

Wm.T. Ripley

Platterhof

Post by Platterhof » 29 Mar 2002, 15:21

Hello:

Where I live there's some of them. Most of them are dying of age.

The radio locutor who found out all the conspirators with Stauffenberg, Mister Otto Remer was almost neighbor.

The problem is that those thing's must be kept very secret nowadays. A shame.

Cheers.

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”