Sniper schools

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
Daniel L

Sniper schools

Post by Daniel L » 09 Oct 2002 19:00

I know of Seetaleralpe but I think that there were many more, about thirty if I'm not wrong, can anyone give me some information?

regards

Ando

Post by Ando » 10 Oct 2002 00:30

The following article first appeared in the official Austrian military publication called TRUPPSNDEINST (Troop Service) in the year 1967 and was written by an Austrian Army Officer, Captain Hans Widhofner. Among persons questioned were the two most proficient German snipers of the war with the comments of another good sniper added to obtain a well-rounded picture concerning the use of snipers in the German army. It was fortunate that the soldiers questioned were not only ready to give information, but were also able to illustrate and explain the point of the respective question due to their former excellent training and enormous military knowledge. Without question, the significance of this document places it high on the list of contemporary works relevant to German military history.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/UKSNIPER/Sniperstories.html
I found this article while researching this topic, I thought it might be worth a read.

Ando

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 10 Oct 2002 00:37

Thanks, Ando, but I've already seen that interview. It seems that it's the best sniper interview around and it only mentions the training course at Seetaleralpe.

regards

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”