Female Auxiliary Photographs

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
kstdk

Re: Female Auxiliary Photographs

Post by kstdk » 15 Apr 2017, 13:15

Hello

Nice photo here - source Delcampe.net

Regards
Kurt
kstdk
Attachments
172_001.jpg

deanperri

Post by deanperri » 29 Sep 2017, 16:43

Has anybody heard about Violette Morris a.k.a Nazis' 'Hyena'. I've read the story about her a few weeks ago, and here's the photo:

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 29 Sep 2017, 20:25

Never heard of this person before but I did a quick check.

Gruesome.

http://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2017/02/2 ... anne-sebba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Morris

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 15 Oct 2017, 04:23

" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 12 Jan 2018, 05:39

Auxiliary Worker.jpg
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Gulo

Post by Gulo » 15 Jan 2018, 21:10

cannoncocker wrote:Is it me, or do most of these women seem a might homely? When I think Of German Women, I like to think of this gal, Lotte Koch, not some of the poor specimens we mainly have. I do not mean to be offensive, truly, why so homely?
When I look at these photos I'm beginning to understand why Hitler was obsessed with improving the human race (he was a painter, so he had an aesthetic sense) and many citizens supported this idea... Lotte Koch actually looks better than most in these photos.

Max

Post by Max » 18 Jan 2018, 06:53

Gulo wrote:
cannoncocker wrote:Is it me, or do most of these women seem a might homely? When I think Of German Women, I like to think of this gal, Lotte Koch, not some of the poor specimens we mainly have. I do not mean to be offensive, truly, why so homely?
When I look at these photos I'm beginning to understand why Hitler was obsessed with improving the human race (he was a painter, so he had an aesthetic sense) and many citizens supported this idea... Lotte Koch actually looks better than most in these photos.
Did you not read Vikki's thoughtful replies to canncocker and others on this matter?
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic ... 0#p1241280
Are you saying that it was Hitler's superior aesthetic sense that led him to "improve the human race" by the murder of millions?
Are you saying that had Hitler met any of these so called "homely" women, they would have been sacked from their jobs for failing to live up to some aesthetic ideal?
OK - probably not, but think about what you say.

Hitler had much to answer for, but even he was not so shallow as to put so much emphasis on good looks in the way that you seem to.

Max
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Gulo

Post by Gulo » 18 Jan 2018, 23:31

Max wrote:[ Did you not read Vikki's thoughtful replies to canncocker and others on this matter?
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic ... 0#p1241280
Are you saying that it was Hitler's superior aesthetic sense that led him to "improve the human race" by the murder of millions?
Are you saying that had Hitler met any of these so called "homely" women, they would have been sacked from their jobs for failing to live up to some aesthetic ideal?
OK - probably not, but think about what you say.

Hitler had much to answer for, but even he was not so shallow as to put so much emphasis on good looks in the way that you seem to.

Max
It was a rather ironic comment. But the fact is that many of these women look terrible in my opinion. Maybe it's the fault of these uniforms? I have the impression that most women on the street do not look so terrible. In any case, it would be better to give photos of girls from the organization Glaube und Schönheit. And if you ask if there was an important look for Hitler, as far as I know, yes, but he was still talking about the boys. Although in the manual of tankers they explained that a woman can not be too high or too low (if you know what I'm talking about :wink: ).

Max

Post by Max » 19 Jan 2018, 01:16

Gulo wrote: It was a rather ironic comment. But the fact is that many of these women look terrible in my opinion. Maybe it's the fault of these uniforms? I have the impression that most women on the street do not look so terrible. In any case, it would be better to give photos of girls from the organization Glaube und Schönheit. And if you ask if there was an important look for Hitler, as far as I know, yes, but he was still talking about the boys. Although in the manual of tankers they explained that a woman can not be too high or too low (if you know what I'm talking about :wink: ).
Are you always so deliberately provocative or only on the subject of women?
What makes you think that the women you disapprove of were not former Glaube und Schönheit girls?
Indeed I don't know what your Tanker quote is about but no doubt it is inappropriate here, as is most of what you have to contribute.

Max
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Gulo

Post by Gulo » 19 Jan 2018, 02:25

Do not you know Elvira Tiger? Irrelevant. I see that since the forum is about German army, some become so serious as Germans in a stereotype (although this manual for the tankers was funny and there were a lot of comments about women). German soldiers, however, were worse, because Bertha Krupp was not fat at all and looking at photos from her youth, it is difficult to judge her badly, but the soldiers called a thick howitzer by her name. But it will be better to speak only on serious topics.
PS
Do not watch the movie 'Allo' Allo! because I'm sure this humor will upset you.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 20 Jan 2018, 15:40

Arto O wrote:Hi,
What are these ladies doing? Blitzmadel in postal service?
Source in the photos
Thanks
Arto
Hello, Arto

See: http://bandenkampf.blogspot.rs/2017/05/bk0220.html

Cheers,
Ivan

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 20 Jan 2018, 20:42

Thanks Ivan,
for the interesting note.
with best regards
Arto

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 21 Jan 2018, 12:29

Gulo, there's no real proof of the "dicke" actually refers to frau Krupp and looking at pictures of her I would say she if fairly "normal" in build. And more important for the NS movevement, she was a mother of several children. I don't think women in the reich (interior) were considered as being sexual objects. They were "homely" as you stated. This was their primary role. Someone once said "kitchen, children, church", which I would understand as (later in history) the home, reproduction and devotion to the NS movement and party. I am aware of "Elvira" but she's a comic figure meant for young men! I doubt the "fibel" would have been as popular as it was if the female figure had been a "motherly" version.
Not sure but I don't evem think there were military brothels inside Germany. Again, this was not the "job" for german women, thos was not how she was and more important should be viewed. A different matter in occupied territories.

I am in no way an anti feminist or male chauvinist and hope my post will not be considered as such. I am merely airing some views and thought of my own on how these "helferinnen" should be viewed.

Some facts on the views and ideals of women, makeup etc. which might be interesting. Just remember the source is "wiki"... ;) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_i ... nine_ideal
waleed

laracraft

Post by laracraft » 22 May 2018, 12:34

As the World War I sucked in millions of young men into killing fields across Europe, it also turned into an opportunity for women on the Continent to leave their homes and begin to work. The same did not begin to happen for Indian women until World War II.

H.Fuchs

Re: Heer Nachrichtenhelferin ranks

Post by H.Fuchs » 17 Jun 2018, 16:23

Heimatschuss wrote:Hello everybody,

I assume I'm correct here to drop the following photos. They show Waldtraud Grüter, a Marinehelferin. She survived the sinking of the 'Wilhelm Gustloff' in 1945.
The first picture shows her in the town of Memel in 1941.
Source: http://wilhelmgustloff.de/pages/waltrautg.html
The secondpicture was taken on Dec. 5th, 1944.
Source: http://www.wilhelmgustloff.de/pages/start.html

Best regards
Torsten
Torsten, I am having a very very hard time finding the Heer Nachrichtenhelferin ranks and you seem to be extremely well versed. Is there any way you could point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!

Return to “Women in the Reich”