Annemarie Willeck, wife of SS-Staf. Dr. Rudolf Brandt

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
AtmaAiu

Annemarie Willeck, wife of SS-Staf. Dr. Rudolf Brandt

Post by AtmaAiu » 20 Jun 2019, 15:46

I humbly ask the forum members to help me with collecting information on this woman.
The only things known to me are that she was born in 1914 (probably in Teltow - her parents lived there during the war) and that she worked as a stenographer at Gestapo (and most probably she met her future husband at work) - this is the information Katrin Himmler has provided us with. Also it's known that in the August of 1943 Rudolf sent her away from Berlin to Schneidemühl to make sure she was safe (Dr. Rudolf Brandt's letter to Sigurd Peiper is the source of this information).

Also Katrin Himmler mentioned that Annemarie had five children, but it quite contradicts pretty much everything i know of her and Rudolf as of a family with two kids (a boy born in 1937 and a girl born in 1944). Could it be possible that they have adopted anyone, or Annemarie married another man after Rudolf's execution and had three more kids with him, or that Katrin Himmler just got the worng information?..

Thank you in advance.

Helge

Re: Annemarie Willeck, wife of SS-Staf. Dr. Rudolf Brandt

Post by Helge » 21 Jun 2019, 06:49

I know he had two children and not five children:

Jürgen (male) born on 19.04.1937
Elke (female) born on 21.02.1944
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

AtmaAiu

Post by AtmaAiu » 21 Jun 2019, 11:30

Yes, that what I knew, too, and what made me utterly surprised by the information in Katrin Himmler's book. But it also was the only source of information about Annemarie, and I thought that a person that had a possibility to contact Brandt's family coud have known better.
At least, in 1943 Rudolf and Annemarie had one son, and Elke was only about to be born (Annemarie was pregnant when she left Berlin). No other kids were mentioned in the letters, neither adopted nor else.

SeibukanOkinawa

Post by SeibukanOkinawa » 26 Aug 2020, 17:39

Hello, I have informations about Rudolf and Annemarie Brandt and their two children, Jürgen and Elke. Both are still alive in Germany.
Why are you looking for for it?
If you want to connect me, please do it. But I'm glad, if you do it in German language, I'm not a star in speaking english. jpr

Return to “Women in the Reich”