Woman in SS uniforms

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
lartiste

Woman in SS uniforms

Post by lartiste » 13 Jul 2019, 00:30

I just came across those two photos, clearly 1 uniform, 2 girls. Anyone knows who they are? Do I see correctly, that the cufftitle looks like Prinz Eugen?

SS Girl 1.jpg
SS Girl 1.jpg (36.84 KiB) Viewed 8952 times
SS Girl 2.jpg

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Woman in SS uniforms

Post by Ivan Ž. » 13 Jul 2019, 01:40

Hello, lartiste

These + a couple more photos were offered for sale at janssen-militaria.com years ago.

Some more photos, showing them in civilian clothes, can be found here: https://reibert.info/threads/zhenschiny ... st-2410603

I assume they were the officer's sisters / daughters / sister and girlfriend / or something similar - trying on their dear one's uniform, for fun. The cuff title appears to read "Prinz Eugen", but there was also an idea that it might read "Freikorps Danmark" or something like that. Personally, I'm not sure what it reads. Apparently, the officer served in the LSSAH and the "Hohenstaufen" (but he probably served elsewhere too).

Cheers,
Ivan

JWW427

Post by JWW427 » 09 Sep 2019, 15:42

There were real-deal SS women called Helfingers.
There are many photos of them
Theres a rumor of a few officers by 1945, but I cant find any pictures of them.
Cheers
JWW
Attachments
ss guard.jpeg

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 09 Sep 2019, 15:48

Hello, JWW

They were called Helferinnen (female auxiliaries, assisting the armed forces) and they weren't "real-deal SS".

The two pictured girls, however, were obviously civilians (not auxiliaries), trying on someone else's uniform.

Cheers,
Ivan

lartiste

Post by lartiste » 15 Sep 2019, 22:36

Ivan Ž. wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 01:40
Hello, lartiste

These + a couple more photos were offered for sale at janssen-militaria.com years ago.

Some more photos, showing them in civilian clothes, can be found here: https://reibert.info/threads/zhenschiny ... st-2410603

I assume they were the officer's sisters / daughters / sister and girlfriend / or something similar - trying on their dear one's uniform, for fun. The cuff title appears to read "Prinz Eugen", but there was also an idea that it might read "Freikorps Danmark" or something like that. Personally, I'm not sure what it reads. Apparently, the officer served in the LSSAH and the "Hohenstaufen" (but he probably served elsewhere too).

Cheers,
Ivan
Many thanks Ivan. I really like the photo of girl in lower right corner. There is something in her :D .

I do not think photos are from family member. If you will have a look at second photo I posted, there is in lower right corner visible something which in my opinion looks like man having intercourse ... . But it is strange, may be mirror?

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 15 Sep 2019, 22:43

lartiste wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 22:36
I do not think photos are from family member. If you will have a look at second photo I posted, there is in lower right corner visible something which in my opinion looks like man having intercourse ... . But it is strange, may be mirror?
What a naughty imagination you have! :lol: It's nothing. A wall/object under shadow (the photos were taken in a room). Certainly not a man having intercourse, how on earth did you see that? :lol: This reminded me of the Rorschach test ;)

The version that makes most sense is that the girls were the officer's sisters or daughters (I don't know how old he was, but he held a junior officer rank). It's obvious they had time to try on and pose in his uniform, which suggests they were close and likely blood-related (back in the day men weren't hanging out with female friends as much as nowadays, so the girls most likely weren't his buddies, assistants etc, but relatives).

Cheers,
Ivan

lartiste

Post by lartiste » 15 Sep 2019, 23:29

Ivan Ž. wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 22:43
lartiste wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 22:36
What a naughty imagination you have! :lol: It's nothing. A wall/object under shadow (the photos were taken in a room). Certainly not a man having intercourse, how on earth did you see that? :lol: This reminded me of the Rorschach test ;)

The version that makes most sense is that the girls were the officer's sisters or daughters (I don't know how old he was, but he held a junior officer rank). It's obvious they had time to try on and pose in his uniform, which suggests they were close and likely blood-related (back in the day men weren't hanging out with female friends as much as nowadays, so the girls most likely weren't his buddies, assistants etc, but relatives).

Cheers,
Ivan
May be I am mistaken, most probably I cannot see it clearly, since I fell in love with the girl. But my wife does not have to be jealous this time since the girl is about 100 years old :lol: .

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 16 Sep 2019, 00:55

;)

PS
The barely visible "thingy" in the bottom right corner might be a hand (index and middle fingers). Also, that girl you like wears a ring, so she might have actually been the guy's fiancé/wife (that's why I also suggested that the girls could have been a girlfriend and a sister). The other girl seems rather shy wearing his uniform, while the girl with ring seems much more comfortable in it, and is also pictured playing with his cap staring into the distance. Just a couple of thoughts, nothing definite.

Return to “Women in the Reich”