Pictures of Inga Ley

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Doppelgänger

Re: Pictures of Inga Ley

Post by Doppelgänger » 13 Jan 2020 22:20

Biber wrote:
13 Jan 2020 19:58
I'm sorry but I just don't see the resemblance. Actually I'll be so bold as to submit that it is merely the result of the power of suggestion. The horses seem more artfully rendered in my opinion.
That is precicely the point I am making. Not Inga (see 1 and 2 above) but with enough shared characteristics to be a potential source of the rumour, repatedly cited in this thread, by power of suggestion: a theory to explain how such a rumour might have originated, and definitely not to suggest the mural would show Inga Ley in person.

We also agreed as to the lack of artistry. Appreciate your comment.

Jeff Clark
Financial supporter

Post by Jeff Clark » 28 Feb 2020 04:00

Here is a picture of Ley with his children in front of a portrait of their mother. This is a life size portrait but she obviously has her clothing on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 28 Feb 2020 19:02

This is a life size portrait but she obviously has her clothing on.
What exactly do you mean about that statement?

Max

Post by Max » 29 Feb 2020 10:21

Annelie wrote:
28 Feb 2020 19:02
This is a life size portrait but she obviously has her clothing on.
What exactly do you mean about that statement?
viewtopic.php?p=2244919#p2244919
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 29 Feb 2020 15:48

LOL.....thank you for the clarification.

Makes sense now.

Jeff Clark
Financial supporter

Post by Jeff Clark » 28 Mar 2020 21:42

Annelie wrote:
29 Feb 2020 15:48
LOL.....thank you for the clarification.

Makes sense now.
Yes, IMO the mural on the wall of his home was the basis for the story that Ley had a life size painting of Inga naked. That mural is the Goddess of Victory, with DAF sun wheel added along with the chariot. The same Goddess is atop the Victory column in Berlin.

VanillaNuns

Re:

Post by VanillaNuns » 30 Aug 2020 19:25

Vikki wrote:
08 Apr 2006 07:24
Big Orange wrote: And Trandl labeling Inga Ley as "dull" possibly meant that Inga Ley was a self-obsessed and empty headed bimbo.
Traudl Junge's comment on Inge Ley as being "dull" "could have" meant any number of things....not necessarily that she was a "self-obsessed and empty-headed bimbo."

Inge Ley, as someone said earlier, was obviously a truly stunning woman---strikingly beautiful, at least in appearance. I've always wondered why such women are somehow automatically written off by some as vacuous. In my experience, it's usually a "catty bitch" female comment. Her photos remind me, in a modern sense, of a young Faye Dunaway----not at all an image that I'd associate with either "empty-headed" or "bimbo."

Annelie and Brumbar, I think you're both right on track with your "Power as an Aphrodisiac" thoughts. But then, there's always the "Power Behind the Throne" idea.....

~FV
Inga Ley died in December 1942.

Traudl Junge only became secretary to Hitler at Wolfsschanze and accessed the "inner circle" in the same month. I don't see how they could have even met in person. Perhaps Ms Junge heard this phrase from someone else and repeated it after the war.

Nevertheless, it's extremely dubious without a verified source that Traudl Junge did indeed make such a comment.

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 15 Sep 2020 18:23

So many photos over 19 pages, I lose count. This might be a repeat, or maybe not...

Caption reads:

Troost, Ley, Heß, Wagner, Finck. Guests of honor at the opening of the day of 'German Art' in the festhall of the German museum in Munich. From left: Gerdy Troost, Mrs. Ley, Leader of German Work Fron (DAF), Reich Organisation Leader Robert Ley, SS National Leader Heinrich Himmler, an Adjudant, Mrs. Hess, Rudolf Hess as representative of Hitler, Province Leader Adolf Wagner and Banker August von Finck., 14.07.1939
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Women in the Reich”