1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Emilie

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by Emilie » 06 Feb 2024 14:08

CraigM wrote:
05 Feb 2024 22:57
I'm starting to think it's not the same girl, in spite of her injuries:

1. Eyes different distances apart.
2. Different shaped eyes.
3. Different eye colours.
4. LGG's eyes are more recessed.
5. The top girl has a small dimple on the end of her nose, LGG doesn't.

It would be good if we could see the ears. Ears are as unique as fingerprints.
At first I was on the same line as you, but after watching posts nr 2589 and 2590 again, I am back to 50/50. The top girl on the photo is younger than the LGG and still has a kind of teenage face. Her face seems rounder. The LGG is much skinnier, that might be the reason why her face seems longer.
I agree with what you say regarding the eyes, but you can see that the top girl’s eyes are slightly made up, she has her eyebrows plucked and brushed. All that can change the way you perceive the shape of the eyes.
The lips are quite similar, I think, and they both have a dimple in the chin.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is an available photo of her on which you can see the ears.

My conclusion : It is very tricky :?

Emilie

Post by Emilie » 06 Feb 2024 14:31

CarlosXander wrote:
05 Feb 2024 22:00
ImageImage
One more thing, while I am here. It is about the hair parting. I have seen you have posted a photo of the young girl with her hair parting on the left side, just like the LGG’s hair parting. The first photos of that young girl published in this thread a while ago, were with her hair parting on the right side. The question at the time was whether the photo with the hair parting on the right side could have been reverse or not. Then someone said that the photo with the parting on the right side was not reverse, because the buttoning of her coat was on the right side. I have to disagree with this person because I have two of these mid-season coats in my wardrobe and the buttoning of my two coats are on the other side. Meaning the photo of the young girl with the hair parting on the left side is the right photo. That is if my way of reasoning is correct.

Emilie

Post by Emilie » 06 Feb 2024 14:56

CarlosXander wrote:
29 Sep 2020 01:09
In another fragment of a shot of Captain Haglund on May 9 in the German women's prison camp, a woman with hair similar to LGG is seen, unfortunately the video is of poor quality and her face cannot be seen well, it may be that it is NOT her

Now the last but not the least. I think these two women are very similar and I would say we have here our LGG in this camp.
Headwest said : “I think the hair is different, to short, and the shirt or top is different. not that she couldnt have changed or put something on over. just my 2 cents”

My 2 cents are that her hair looks shorter because she has curled it. I clearly see curls. My guess is that once arrived in the camp she had the opportunity to wash herself, wash her hair. Maybe she had a sense of coquetry again and she borrowed curlers from one of the other women. Later in the video you can see her combing her hair and tying it with a hair clip, once it had dried. It’s true her top is different but maybe she has changed it or maybe she was wearing it under her sweater. It seems she is still wearing the same trousers. Just a suggestion.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 06 Feb 2024 21:40

hello forum
Regarding the woman in the photo, it has been proven for a long time that she is not LGG, it does not match the lips, nose, shape of the eyes, spots on the face, like a mole and more things, the hair may match but it is a hairstyle very characteristic of the time, a curiosity, of the place where that photo was taken, the one who uploaded it published a couple of more photos in a row, which I uploaded the one that followed it, which makes it clear that it is of the same woman (it has the same features), unfortunately the site no longer works.

Regarding the second one, it is definitely not her, I uploaded the images to determine if it could be LGG but it is not her, she is a fatter woman, her hair is shorter and there is no damage to her face, the most important thing is that it was filmed on May 9, 1945, by that date LGG was no longer there, she would have been sent along with the others that same May 8 to Pilsen
greetings

GotherebecauseofLara

Post by GotherebecauseofLara » 11 Feb 2024 22:25

Hello, I recently discovered this case and did some research on it, watching several videos, I decided to look for the supposed name most related to the girl (Lore Bauer) in family search (a service that provides historical records) and found a record of a prisoner of war and classified as the wife of a German named "Lore Sara Lewin Bauer" born in 1922

Below is the link to the page https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -LL2K?cid= fs_copy

I hope this helps for the research

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 12 Feb 2024 04:20

What has now become WWII's "Afghan Girl" or "Vietnam Baby" iconic image, 74 years ago today this was taken.
I may have mentioned 1 or 1,000 times, but the late 1800's (Otto von Bismarck) thru 1950, 5 years post-war, German/NAZI/Holocaust documentaries and articles, to uncover new learnings never cease. Like prison documentaries, have seen every one. Probably 10 times.
[BBC's 6-part 'The Nazis and The Final Solution' is a must-see, and for every high school student should be required viewing!]
These "The Lost German Girl" (as it is now called) pictures were filmed on the Czechoslovakia border just outside Pilsen, it was one day post-liberation.
About this film I'll share things I've learned - mostly on German-language threads. Not a lot is known, as the 'girl' (as she's now known) to Germany returned and remained silent.
Following the collapse of the Thousand Year Reich ...wait, make that less than 20-year Reich 🙂, for the annexation of their territory by Hitler, retaliation against 2.5 million Germans — called Sudeten Germans — deported back to Germany in this film is captured. By the new Czechoslovakian authorities, the Bohemia homes/items they stole were returned.
During the retaliation, Czech citizens beat, tortured and raped the occupying Germans; they said "eye for an eye."
This 'girl,' Laura Bauer, for the Bund Deutscher Mädel, abbreviated as BDM, Jutta Rüdiger’s League Of German Girls, had allegedly and eagerly entered. Out to support Hitler, Laura (allegedly) believed, and to do her part, joined.
(Reported to be her early Nazi ID picture, attached is a photo)
Realizing they were losing, thereby forcing into battle every man, woman and child, previous front-line battles did not allow females.
However, and reportedly so dedicated, into allowing her Luftwaffenhelfer membership, also commonly known as a Flakhelfer, and its female Flakhelferinnen group, she is said to have talked NAZI's. As an anti-aircraft flack gunner, the SS Flak Abteilung Alarm Prag, and stationed near Pilsen, this landed Laura.
From the reading and research I've done, she and her best friend, Emi, from local Czechs, hid in a barn. There they were discovered.
Over two days they were brutally raped and beaten. So badly was Emi brutalized, in that barn she died. Some have said after her death, and right next to Laura hiding, from her retaliatory abuse Emi died.
Laura escaped and that is where the attached film picks up.
Of defeated Germans/NAZI's just outside Pilsen, US Army/Air Force cameraman Oren Haglund (before the war married actress Priscilla Lane, only to have her leave him the very next day!) filmed this march. In this attached film link, and to Haglund, a zombie-like Laura directly walks.
She'd hidden 100 dollars of (now worthless) Czech/Nazi money and a Czech playing cards pack you see her holding.
Around U.S. checkpoints, to bribe Haglund she approaches.
In the film you see her obvious eye injury, but can also see two broken hands, the left includes a dislocated finger.
To her, conveying the message she didn't need a bribe, into his pocket Haglund reaches, finds a penny, then in her hand places it. He also gave her his handkerchief and over her eye placed it, as well as a chocolate bar.
Only decades later was the film discovered; in the National Archives Steven Spielberg's research organization found it.
What has now become an iconic image includes additional footage Haglund took. Of beaten, shot and tortured Nazi/Wehrmacht soldiers, revenge on which the locals had exacted, roadside you see them.
In that footage around the 17:29 mark she appears. (The link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7fs5Sb6Vms). As they were leaving, a minute or so later he looks back and films her. In the ditch, to her eye you see her holding his handkerchief. She then gives him a smile.
[Side note: to film her butt some sickos claim down Haglund pans. Totally false: in any Nazi/Wehrmacht uniforms still worn they were told to document; you clearly see her Wehrmacht/Nazi-issued britches.]
From what I've read, to Germany Laura returned. To have discovered the truth about Hitler, and completely renouncing her Nazi days, she apparently married, had two daughters and with a quiet life went on. Pregnant at the time of her beating and rape, so badly brutalized she lost that baby. In an attached picture you can see how pregnant she is.
Of Laura's two daughters, one, Ula - b.1962, had named her daughter (Laura's granddaughter) Emi. At age 82, prior to Laura's, to the United States should she ever make it, Laura instructed Emi take that penny, kept all those years, somehow find Haglund's grave, and with him bury it.
After a successful Hollywood film career, in San Bernardino Haglund was buried. From what I've been able to read, to America Emi made it, some reports say the early 2000's, and did just that. With US Army/Air Force cameraman Oren Haglund that penny now rests.
Of this, parts may be inaccurate; on my limited Internet research it is based. And, it's about a woman who remained silent all those years; that I can find, there are no known interviews with Laura, Emi or any other family member.
Of any further details, if you know, in the below comments section please post!
And that's today's history lesson ... 74 years ago today. War is so fucking senseless, especially a war involving this psychopathic, incest-loving (Geli Raubal, Hitler's niece and romantic obsession who, because of him, killed herself) child-raping beast. And, we now know he was part Jewish!
At him, the world gets the last laugh.

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 21 Feb 2024 01:56

Hello dear forum
In these years of research of that woman there are no records of such a Lore Bauer / Lara Bauer in Das Bundesarchiv (Wehrmacht Records) or in the records of the time in Austria Österreichisches Staatsarchiv and OBERÖSTERREICHISCHES LANDESARCHIV and das Dokumentationszentrum Flucht, Vertreibung, Versöhnung

The first name given to her is Lore which appeared on November 12, 2012 in the fiction novel with the title of 1945 Lost German Girl on the Aerial Phenomena site by Mr. Diego Rodríguez Peregrin, he was inspired by the video “1945 lost German Girl” which he uploaded on November 4, 2012 with a poem, there he describes that his story is fiction. On August 30, 2014, in the Axis History Forum, an individual named Carsten Bergman who works at the National Institute on Geneological Research posts that LGG's name is Lara Bauer, who was born on February 3, 1921 and died on October 30, 1994. was born in Kollerschlag, Austria, baptized as a Roman Catholic and worked at Pan Am from 1965 to 1985, she also left 2 internet addresses but unfortunately they do not go anywhere, several members of the forum asked about this information, but she has not yet responded, I received Recently a report from the Landesarchiv site where they have no record of a certain Lara Bauer in their Austrian records.

The biggest problem is that most people take the story of Mr. Diego Rodríguez Peregrin as real because on his site in English he does not mention that it is a Fiction IF he does so on his site in Spanish (remember that Diego Rodríguez Peregrin is Spanish) and The story he writes there is very good, and it is combined with the other name of Lara Bauer that was given by the other person and forms Lore Bauer
greetings

CarlosXander

Post by CarlosXander » 24 Feb 2024 18:35

dear forum
Reviewing again the book “Na demarkační čáře, Americká armáda v Čechách v roce 1945” I found a curiosity, in it it is reported that on May 7, 1945 in the city of Rokycany, an event very similar to the one that occurred the days after occurred. , it is reported that a group of German prisoners heading to Pilsen were attacked by civilians from the area, more specifically near a lake in the city. This act would be similar to what was going to happen on the 8th where LGG was, but The most curious thing about the story is that here it mentions that there were working women who went next to these German prisoners and who suffered a brutal beating. In the story it says they were women of Belgian nationality who were working as prisoners in factories in the area. Unfortunately, there are only stories since the US army arrived at that area at night and this happened in the morning, so there are no photos or filming of this event by the US, nor by civilians, this story could say that In theory, perhaps LGG was one of those civilians who stayed in Rokycany and then marched towards Pilsen. Perhaps she was attacked while fleeing or was already injured. This story reminded me of a blog that reported that LGG was a nearby civilian worker and that Haglund saved her and then made her pose for the camera to show the barbarity of the place, among the first comments on the forum you can find those stories (which is where that blog got that information from), a local resident informs me that possibly The women were not Belgian but German and that the author was confused, something that adds to the mystery of LGG
greetings

translation
"On Monday, May 7, from the early hours of the morning in Rokycany, there was also a mass
the arrest of Germans and collaborators, according to a list obtained by the city
by the police and its commander Jaroslav Lobovský. The chaotic times showed
also by the fact that a number of especially young people were involved in the arrests and were arrested
even innocent citizens, who were gradually released in the following days.
The tragic situation in Rokycany was caused by a drunk citizen from Pilsen, who sent the same
an already considerably enraged crowd against the refugees who were walking along the sand towards Pilsen. That day
many onlookers rushed to Soukenická street in the area by Dûkanského rybník below the church
on columns of refugees and physically assaulted them regardless of whether they were occupiers,
or innocent people. German refugees from Silesia were mostly attacked, who
they stretched the entire length of the street. 28 people were killed on the spot and several dozen others were
seriously or mortally wounded (data on the number of those killed, however, differ). The most tragic
was that the Belgian women who were returning in impoverished
from concentration camps and forced labor in Germany. It was attacked
as well as some Dutch people who were also happily returning from the concentration camps
home. One of them was beaten. Their identities were not established and they were all buried
in a common grave at the new cemetery here. Later, this whole thing was unpleasant
the matter was settled through diplomatic channels and the remains were handed over to the appropriate
to those states"

Blog site
https://worldwartwo.filminspector.com/s ... _article=1

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 02 Mar 2024 04:32

CarlosXander wrote:
15 Sep 2023 16:35
Hello dear forum
This theory was posted not long ago.
Was LGG pregnant?
Looking again at her video, you can see a swelling in her abdomen, implying that she was possibly several months pregnant. The post was not commented much, implying that that was what it was. Looking more determinedly, that swelling would be more underneath a The conclusion that is being considered is because of the pants she wears that give her that appearance, another that I think is possible that she does have intestinal swelling, but when showing the video to several mothers with children, they point out to me that if she is pregnant, it is at their discretion that Possible conclusion can be achieved, this would be one more penalty for LGG than with all the pain and even more so now carrying a pregnancy with one more burden.
Greetings
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Screenshot 2023-09-15 134130.png
If the trousers were pulled up another 30mm and the braces worn I do not think it would look like this in the front. Notice the extra room in the seat too.<br/>
Below the waist band these trousers are huge. You could easily wear modern trousers or jeans underneath these and have a lot of room left.<br/>
The area between the waist band and crotch has a lot of room, when the trousers sag the excess material has no place to go except outward. The material at the crotch where the legs of the trousers start flexes inward and this makes a bulge appear.
The trousers are a baggy loose cut, the wool is thick and just flexes differently than modern trousers.
Other problems that can cause trousers to look like this 1. the front crotch length of the trousers is too long for the person that is wearing them. There are pictures you can look up that show this common tailoring problem. 2. one or more fly buttons are missing or not buttoned.
Some of what was worn into the 1960's was not much different than what was worn during the war. A very loose cut trouser made of thick wool.<br/>
I can make my 196o's Bundeswehr wool trousers look like this from the front and side if I let them sag and walk at the same time. And mine fit me well at the waist line.<br/>
I know there are forum members who have worn wool trousers similar to these in the Bundeswehr, Finnish Defence Forces or Eastern block countries in the 1960's. They will know what I mean.</r>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Women in the Reich”