'War service' identity card issued in 1945 to BDM girl...

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
seahawk11

'War service' identity card issued in 1945 to BDM girl...

Post by seahawk11 » 05 Aug 2006, 01:31

These are pretty cool, shows how desperate things were getting in the Reich: a Hitler Youth war service card, not sure for what...sometimes the girls would help out in a hospital. This girl looks like she is qualified to do three different things...
Best,
Tony
[email protected]
Attachments
dienstkarte1a.JPG
dienstkarte1a.JPG (76.55 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
dienstkarte2a.JPG
dienstkarte2a.JPG (93.96 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian » 21 Sep 2006, 08:16

I don't see where this says anything about 'war service', Tony. It's a membership ID for the Hitler Youth.

The three things you're referring to, which I'm assuming are the ones with the stamps next to it, are actually a list of her awards. They are the Jungmaedel Proficiency Badge, BDM Proficiency Badge, and a Schwimmschein II (a swimming proficiency document). The Schwimmschein would test the person's ability to perform certain tasks in water, such as swimming x distance and rescuing another swimmer, for example.

seahawk11

Post by seahawk11 » 22 Sep 2006, 01:34

Oh, OK...since these looked so different from the regular BDM ID cards I thought it was something else. To think of it now, these types of ID cards are only seen late in the war...

Return to “Women in the Reich”