Female Golden Party Badge

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
User avatar
Heimatschuss
Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: 22 May 2006 22:50
Location: Deutschland

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Heimatschuss » 26 Jan 2009 00:28

Hello,

again I've found a female recipient of the GPB again:

Margareta ('Marga') Baumgarten
born July 5th, 1879 in Alzenau (Lower Franconia)
joins NSDAP in 1925 (NSDAP-Nr. 12918) together with her husband Willi (NSDAP-Nr. 12917)
founding member of the NSDAP Ortsgruppe in Ulm
Kreisfrauenschaftsleiterin 1931 - 1942

Source:
http://www.swp.de/Nachrichten/ULMerLEBE ... art3879420

Best regards
Torsten

User avatar
Heimatschuss
Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: 22 May 2006 22:50
Location: Deutschland

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Heimatschuss » 05 Oct 2009 23:33

Hi,

another recipident: Countess Pauline zu Wied, the daughter of the last King of Württemberg. She hid Scholtz-Klink and Heißmeyer on her possessions after WWII. Pauline is also said to have supported Hermann Göring's father and his family after Bernhard Göring's second marriage which was disliked by the rest of the Göring clan. Hermann was her particular favourite amongst the Göring children.

References:
Gudrun Schwarz
Eine Frau an seiner Seite. Ehefrauen in der >SS-Sippengemeinschaft<.
Hamburger Edition HIS Verlag; Hamburg; 1997
p.86

Maria de Smeth
Roter Kaviar - Hauptmann Maria. Odyssee einer Frau im 20. Jahrhundert.
Verlag Welsermühl; Munich, Wels; 1965
p.187

Best regards
Torsten

User avatar
Heimatschuss
Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: 22 May 2006 22:50
Location: Deutschland

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Heimatschuss » 16 Oct 2009 23:28

Hello,

had to return to his thread rather soon to my own surprise after digging through the digital vaults of the Glas Museum in Passau where I came across imagery of another GPB recipient, one Frau Barnassoi from Passau, Lower Bavaria. The site gives her name either as 'Barnasai' or 'Barnassoi' but none of these family names is in the phone books of Germany or Austria. Thanks to Google I found out that 'Barnassoi' is indeed a very rare but existent family name in the Passau region.

All I know about her is that she was the wife of a SS-Oberscharführer (in 1937) who was himself a holder of the GPB.

Sources:
Top picture: http://www.rotel.de/maurer/photo/photo. ... um=HM00503
Centre picture: magnification of top picture
Bottom picture: http://www.rotel.de/maurer/photo/photo. ... um=HM06386

Best regards
Torsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

der-hase-fee
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 01 Apr 2004 15:14
Location: USA

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by der-hase-fee » 18 Oct 2009 14:04

Mitglieds-Nr. 24479, Frau Hedwig Homann aus München

der-hase-fee
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 01 Apr 2004 15:14
Location: USA

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by der-hase-fee » 18 Oct 2009 14:05

Mitglieds-Nr. 24480, Frau Claudia Homann aus München

JoeW
Member
Posts: 1290
Joined: 04 Jan 2004 05:14
Location: Midwest, USA

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by JoeW » 18 Jul 2010 14:16

Matt Gibbs wrote:Women who recieved this award would have been very few and far between. There was only a very small number of the first 100,000 who actually had the full length of party membership to qualify as stated by FV above. Even smaller was the number who served as functionaries in the party as volunteer secretarys or whatever who would have qualified for the 25 year service medal!
Regards
Matt Gibbs
BTT with a question. Would service on a voluntary basis in the party have qualified as continuous duty for the award of the Party Long Service? I thought the requirement had to be on an official basis. Now I can't imagine a female qualifying for the 25 year award, even though they were produced.

JoeW
Member
Posts: 1290
Joined: 04 Jan 2004 05:14
Location: Midwest, USA

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by JoeW » 21 Jul 2010 06:43

Michael Miller wrote:The following concerns "ehrenhalber" (honorary) recipients of the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der NSDAP. Source is a stack of photocopied NSDAP correspondence I obtained from Roger Bender, including official announcements from the office of the Reichsschatzmeister (Reich Treasurer) Franz Xaver Schwarz and from the Parteikanzlei der NSDAP (Martin Bormann). I was unable to find "Schwester Pia's" name on any of these lists.

Best wishes,
~ Mike



Lieselote (Lotte) Bechstein and her mother (first name unknown) received the award with effect from 20.12.1934. Lieselotte Bechstein first joined the NSDAP with Nr. 848 403 on 01.01.1932 (information from letter sent by Reichsschatzmeister Franz-Xaver Schwarz to the Chef der Kanzlei des Führers, Philip Bouhler, on 20.12.1934). There is additional information in these papers indicating Lieselotte's party number was 94 and that she had entered the NSDAP on 1.5.25

Other female recipients were:

On 20.04.1939:
Gaufrauenschaftsleiterin (Zoppot) Frau Günther, Ida (NSDAP-Nr. 108 558, Joined 01.12.1928)
Pgn. Herta Schmidt of Berlin (Mitgl.Nr. 27285) entry 4.1.26
On 30.01.1943:
I had forgotten that I had this same material that Roger had from which Mike provided this information some years ago. May I provide these corrections and additions from additional copies out of the National Archives. Corrections and additions are done in green

Oberhessin
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: 29 Jul 2006 21:09
Location: Munich-Germany

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Oberhessin » 26 Jul 2010 13:18

Heimatschuss wrote:Hello,

had to return to his thread rather soon to my own surprise after digging through the digital vaults of the Glas Museum in Passau where I came across imagery of another GPB recipient, one Frau Barnassoi from Passau, Lower Bavaria. The site gives her name either as 'Barnasai' or 'Barnassoi' but none of these family names is in the phone books of Germany or Austria. Thanks to Google I found out that 'Barnassoi' is indeed a very rare but existent family name in the Passau region.

All I know about her is that she was the wife of a SS-Oberscharführer (in 1937) who was himself a holder of the GPB.

Sources:
Top picture: http://www.rotel.de/maurer/photo/photo. ... um=HM00503
Centre picture: magnification of top picture
Bottom picture: http://www.rotel.de/maurer/photo/photo. ... um=HM06386

Best regards
Torsten
This mus be the wife of the founder auf the second NSDAP Ortsgruppe in 1925, Max Barnerssoi, Maria Kasberger.

der-hase-fee
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 01 Apr 2004 15:14
Location: USA

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by der-hase-fee » 11 Aug 2010 01:05

JoeW wrote:I had forgotten that I had this same material that Roger had from which Mike provided this information some years ago. May I provide these corrections and additions from additional copies out of the National Archives. Corrections and additions are done in green
Thanks for the corrections, JoeW !

User avatar
Heimatschuss
Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: 22 May 2006 22:50
Location: Deutschland

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Heimatschuss » 23 Aug 2010 20:28

Hello,

found this photo of Margarete Himmler that seems to indicate she also was a holder of the Golden Party Badge. Or are there any alternative interpretations possible like similar Red Cross decorations?
Margarete Himmler - Zoom.jpg
Source: http://tinyurl.com/399lr6r

Best regards
Torsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
coburg22
Member
Posts: 2205
Joined: 18 Oct 2006 06:34
Location: Denver

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by coburg22 » 05 Aug 2011 19:44

It does look as if Frau Himmler is wearing the Golden Party Badge, any more recipients?

Best,

James

User avatar
Matt Gibbs
Member
Posts: 2975
Joined: 23 Mar 2002 00:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Matt Gibbs » 05 Aug 2011 21:16

From an auction catalogue. [Auktionhaus Losch]

Frau Hedwig Homann from Munich PNr 24479
Frau Claudia Homann from Munich PNr 24480

Sisters in law?

User avatar
Matt Gibbs
Member
Posts: 2975
Joined: 23 Mar 2002 00:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Matt Gibbs » 05 Aug 2011 21:36

From the honour list of recipients of the GPB in Westfalen which I started to type up in Excel and just re-discovered I have a few more female recipients. This is now the complete list of females I've taken from the fraktur [or similar] pages of the honour list in the thread I have linked to. If anyone has other Gau lists I'll be happy to do the same and extract them into a list on the forum which is then hopefully searchable.

Maria Bergemann 60016
Elenore Blafius 96817
Elfriede Dallmeyer 87285
Lina Dreier 8625 [pretty early number!]
Anna Franking 91865
Angela Hartmann 16529
Greta Kaftening 59200
Paula Klare 57329
Mina Nagorny 99163
Christine Maurer 7359 [another early number]
Anna Merdenz 69502
Herta Meister 65453
Clare Opitz 48809
Emilie Rosenbaum 41246
Lois Schunk 55563
Maria Stamm 85319
Ida Trost 23711 [brother or husband Heinrich Trost PNr 1791 seems pretty low!]
Frieda Vahrenholt 85187
Karoline Mollenhauser 75907

and Deceased member Klara Moerchen 96815

I only got up to the letter F in my excel doc then I lost the original list from a pdf but now luckily I found someone has done it on the site! http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 01&start=0

User avatar
coburg22
Member
Posts: 2205
Joined: 18 Oct 2006 06:34
Location: Denver

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by coburg22 » 05 Aug 2011 21:37

Great find Matt, perhaps even sisters since there were so many pairs of brothers that joined the movement.

Best,

James

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Female Golden Party Badge

Post by Pitino » 25 Feb 2013 17:06

JoeW wrote:
Michael Miller wrote:The following concerns "ehrenhalber" (honorary) recipients of the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der NSDAP. Source is a stack of photocopied NSDAP correspondence I obtained from Roger Bender, including official announcements from the office of the Reichsschatzmeister (Reich Treasurer) Franz Xaver Schwarz and from the Parteikanzlei der NSDAP (Martin Bormann). I was unable to find "Schwester Pia's" name on any of these lists.

Best wishes,
~ Mike



Lieselote (Lotte) Bechstein and her mother (first name unknown) received the award with effect from 20.12.1934. Lieselotte Bechstein first joined the NSDAP with Nr. 848 403 on 01.01.1932 (information from letter sent by Reichsschatzmeister Franz-Xaver Schwarz to the Chef der Kanzlei des Führers, Philip Bouhler, on 20.12.1934). There is additional information in these papers indicating Lieselotte's party number was 94 and that she had entered the NSDAP on 1.5.25

Other female recipients were:

On 20.04.1939:
Gaufrauenschaftsleiterin (Zoppot) Frau Günther, Ida (NSDAP-Nr. 108 558, Joined 01.12.1928)
Pgn. Herta Schmidt of Berlin (Mitgl.Nr. 27285) entry 4.1.26
On 30.01.1943:
I had forgotten that I had this same material that Roger had from which Mike provided this information some years ago. May I provide these corrections and additions from additional copies out of the National Archives. Corrections and additions are done in green
-According to "Das Goldene Parteiabzeichen .......", Lieslotte Bechstein, was indeed awarded the Gold Party Badge on (December 20, 1934) and her NSDAP membership number is #94!!!!

Pitino

Return to “Women in the Reich”